PDA

View Full Version : free data

srdnaty
05-21-2012, 02:45 PM
As a member of brisbet i received free bris data files if i bet the race. Since i have been transfered to twinspires i do not get that. Is there any adw that will?

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2012, 02:55 PM
Data files or PPs? You still get free PPs on whatever track you bet:

http://www.twinspires.com/content/freepps

srdnaty
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
The comma seperated data files...

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2012, 04:59 PM
I don't recall them ever advertising free data files...did you have a separate deal with them based on your action?

srdnaty
05-21-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't recall them ever advertising free data files...did you have a separate deal with them based on your action?

I must have. I thought it was the standard deal.

Thanks

speed
05-22-2012, 02:12 AM
If you bet enough they can. Call them up try speaking with vip services or something similar. The cost associated with the data files are much higher than the pdf's. Which is why there isn't a free data file if you wager on that track like with the pdf version.

cj
05-22-2012, 07:37 PM
If you bet enough they can. Call them up try speaking with vip services or something similar. The cost associated with the data files are much higher than the pdf's. Which is why there isn't a free data file if you wager on that track like with the pdf version.

How much more could it cost? The PDFs are created from data files. You receive data from Equibase, a program is written that converts it to what you and voila, comma delimited files are ready. I suspect they don't want to give them away because those buying comma delimited files are the biggest customers and they would take a big hit.

speed
05-22-2012, 07:54 PM
How much more could it cost? The PDFs are created from data files. You receive data from Equibase, a program is written that converts it to what you and voila, comma delimited files are ready. I suspect they don't want to give them away because those buying comma delimited files are the biggest customers and they would take a big hit.
I thought Equibase made more from a data file than a pdf sale. Thought i had heard it. It makes sense they pay a fee to use the data however they wish.