PDA

View Full Version : Need ONE ticket for the Belmont Stakes

rvaccha
05-21-2012, 01:54 PM
Hi friends,

I hope everyone is doing well. I am looking to buy ONE seated ticket to the Belmont Stakes...and was waiting for Ticketmaster to start selling them at 10am this morning, but they seem sold out already?

I am located in Houston, TX, thus cannot go to either of the NY tracks to purchase them in person.

I was wondering if you know if NYRA is going to release more tickets to Ticketmaster? or is there some other legitimate source to buy the tickets from?

e.g. I am willing to pay the cost and a service fee to a trusted member, in advance, to get me tickets from either of the tracks.

Any suggestions please?

Thanks,
Andy

FlyinLate
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
I also got burned on the release and got shut out.
Please take care of the original poster first, but if anyone else has seats for sale, I'm interested in 3 and maybe 4 tickets. I'll pay over face value but not the lucrative prices they are going for on StubHub right now.

rvaccha
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Hi,

Flyinlate, thanks for adding to this. Do you think there is interest in forming a group of us who needs tickets, and then maybe someone in the group is able to go to the track or knows of someone who can go?

I am willing to assist with the service fees...

Do you know if NYRA is likely to release more tickets?

Which are the 'better' sections at the track? 2nd or 3rd floor? Which position?

Thanks so much, let me know if we can get something going with the tickets.

Andy

FlyinLate
05-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Hi,

Flyinlate, thanks for adding to this. Do you think there is interest in forming a group of us who needs tickets, and then maybe someone in the group is able to go to the track or knows of someone who can go?

I am willing to assist with the service fees...

Do you know if NYRA is likely to release more tickets?

Which are the 'better' sections at the track? 2nd or 3rd floor? Which position?

Thanks so much, let me know if we can get something going with the tickets.

Andy

I'm fairly certain the only thing yet to release is some general admission tickets. I'm hoping that the ticket sellers on stubhub realize that no one is paying what they are asking and that they need to cut prices down around 40%.

iceknight
05-21-2012, 04:02 PM
Pretty sure some scandal will come out of this ticket selling via ticketmaster process. Like the use of computers and combination of artificial demand creation that is used to rake in more money than what was set as the ticket price when the Belmont season began..

Conspiracy Theory 101.

just like facebook shares.. also sold in New York first :lol:

JPinMaryland
05-21-2012, 04:33 PM
A related question:

Can you still get gen. admission tickets on the day of the race? I know we did this for Smary and Funny Cide back in those days. Is this still possible?

Thanks.

Grits
05-21-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm fairly certain the only thing yet to release is some general admission tickets. I'm hoping that the ticket sellers on stubhub realize that no one is paying what they are asking and that they need to cut prices down around 40%.

Don't count on it. Sorry. People will pay the price.

FlyinLate
05-21-2012, 04:56 PM
Don't count on it. Sorry. People will pay the price.

They aren't. Tickets for sale today have only increased and prices have already begun to slightly dip.

KingChas
05-21-2012, 05:07 PM
They aren't. Tickets for sale today have only increased and prices have already begun to slightly dip.

Low -$83
High- $3960.................. :eek:

duncan04
05-21-2012, 05:11 PM

As it gets closer to raceday and people are still looking for tickets, they will pay those prices.

rvaccha
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM
Hi friends,

Any idea on what are the 'preferred' or best value for money sections/seats?

I am confused whether the 3rd floor is 'preferred' to the second floor, and which position is good?

Of course, I do not have any tickets as of yet, but just keeping it in mind.

Thanks,
Andy

Grits
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM

Again, you're mistaken. How many years have you been at The Belmont when a Triple Crown was on the line?

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Second floor puts you closer to the action, but third floor isn't too bad, plus you get a bit of cover if it's raining.

rvaccha
05-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Thank you moderator Sir.

Shelby
05-21-2012, 06:57 PM
I just read on Twitter that the tickets sold out in 3 minutes. :faint:

I truly hope everyone who wants tickets can get them. They will be higher, but I bet someone on EBAY will be selling some......just make sure they are authentic.

MickJ26
05-21-2012, 07:17 PM
For $10. you can watch the races from the backyard area on the big screen TV's. There's betting windows, concessions, bathrooms, etc. Just be prepared to encounter long lines for all of the above. For the Smarty Jones Belmont, it was like Woodstock.

bigmack
05-21-2012, 07:21 PM
BEL ticks:

http://tickets.metrony.com/ResultsTicket.aspx?evtid=1665355&event=Belmont+Stakes

http://tkts-nyc.com/?evtid=1665355&event=Belmont+stakes

rvaccha
05-21-2012, 07:27 PM
Thanks friends...it looks like I may have to go with a ticket 'broker' option...I will hang on for a bit, and hopefully some other options come along.

Andy

Grits
05-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks friends...it looks like I may have to go with a ticket 'broker' option...I will hang on for a bit, and hopefully some other options come along.

Andy

Much good luck!!;)

kingfin66
05-21-2012, 07:39 PM
I'm really confused. When I went to the "Big Brown" Belmont Stakes I was able to pay General Admission and Clubhouse entry without pre-purchase. In other words, just show up to the track and go on in. Now it looks as though GA tickets are pre-sale? Can anyone with knowledge confirm what the ticket situation is. I have sent an e-mail to NYRA, but am guessing that they are mighty busy this time of year.

FWIW, the ticket situation was a fiasco today. I need four, but could only find one single. Kind of wish I had popped on it, so at least I would have it available for someone like rvaccha who just needs one.

rvaccha, I feel your pain. I am coming from Seattle in hopes of accomplishing a Bucket List item. When I went to the Belmont in 2008 it was brutally hot and humid, much too hot to be out in the direct sun.

PaceAdvantage
05-21-2012, 08:16 PM
You only need a ticket if you want a seat...you can always just pay General Admission and roam...

kingfin66
05-21-2012, 09:06 PM
...you can always just pay General Admission and roam...

This is good to know. Thank you for the clarification. I'm trying to coerce...er encourage, my NYC connection to take the train/bus from 86th and 2nd out to Belmont to try for some of the 1,000 that will be sold on track.

porchy44
05-21-2012, 09:26 PM
I have been to the Derby the year Smarty Jones won and the Preakness the year Barbaro broke down. I have never been to Belmont Park.

I am from Central Ohio. I am contemplating driving to Pittsburgh. Taking a megabus to NYC and then a train/bus to Belmont. Looks like I will be roaming or try to buy/scalp a seat.

JPinMaryland
05-22-2012, 10:29 PM
you could probably make it easier by renting a car (or your own) and parking it in Newark, or Union City or vicinity and then subway over to Elmont on the other side of the city. Its essentially free parking on weekends if you get out by monday; at least that has been my experience and done that as recently as New Years. It's a bargain to use the PATH train to central station for couple bucks and then the subway.

Grits
05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
This is Mark Moran's blog entry for Belmont Stakes day, including a buying guide on EBay. Quite useful.

Welcome to this guide for buying Belmont Stakes tickets.

Belmont Park is a beautiful place, and horse racing is an exciting sport, and we encourage you to also visit it on days other than Belmont Stakes Day.

For everything you need to know about watching and attending the Belmont Stakes, cut and paste this URL into your Web browser:

http://blog.findingdulcinea.com/2012/05/insiders-guide-to-the-belmont-stakes.html

http://reviews.ebay.com/Guide-to-Belmont-Stakes-Tickets_W0QQugidZ10000000007294077?ssPageName=BUYG D:CAT:-1:SEARC (http://reviews.ebay.com/Guide-to-Belmont-Stakes-Tickets_W0QQugidZ10000000007294077?ssPageName=BUYG D:CAT:-1:SEARCH:1)

Now, nine things you need to know about buying tickets for the Belmont Stakes.

1. DO NOT BUY general admission tickets on eBay, or anywhere else but Belmont Park. People will sell them on eBay for $50-$100, but they don't give you anything you don't get by paying $10 at the gate. General Admission is guaranteed to be available at the gate; $10 for grandstand and $20 for Clubhouse.

2. In my opinion, the best seats are in Sections M to U; these are close enough to the finish line but also up the stretch a bit so you have a great view of the far turn and upper stretch, where the race is run and won. If you are in the Clubhouse in Sections A to G, you get a great view of the finish, but when the horses hit the far turn and stretch, they are a LONG way away from you, you can barely see them, and by the time they come into focus, the race is essentially over.

3. The 3rd floor is better than the 2nd floor. It has a high roof, and you can hear the track announcer very well, while his voice is lost on the 2nd floor.

4. Anything higher than Row M on the 3rd floor is really the 4th floor. These seats are OK, but not as desirable as the ones on the true 3rd floor. Lower rows are no better than higher rows; the seats are sharply tiered, and you do not get blocked by the folks in front of you. In fact, I prefer the high rows (J to M) because it is easy to get in and out, which is important when you're a last minute bettor

5. Anything higher than M in Sections 3A to 3E may be partially obscured by the Turf Terrace, a glass enclosed restaurants. This is definitely the case for anything higher than Row C in Section 3E, and higher than Row G in Section 3D. Look carefully at the seating map.

6. If you buy seats on the apron, make sure they are elevated (on risers). NYRA sometimes sells seats on the ground on the apron, and they do not offer much of a view of the race.

7. NYRA's policy for Belmont Stakes day is that no coolers are allowed in the building, and you cannot bring your own alcohol onto the grounds.

8. Consider parking about a mile from the track, in any legal spot. Then walk to and from the track, and save yourself a lot of time on the getaway. The traffic for getting into the track is not bad, except for around noon time, because people arrive continuously from 10 am to 3 pm.

Beachbabe
05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
This is Mark Moran's blog entry for Belmont Stakes day, including a buying guide on EBay. Quite useful.

For anyone interested in going to The Belmont this is some very useful info, Grits. Nice work.

Grits
05-24-2012, 11:48 AM
http://www.stubhub.com/belmont-stakes-tickets/2012-belmont-stakes-6-9-2012-4055650/

WHOA!!! This is per ticket. I get same section every year, third floor, preferred grandstand.

I'm looking at what my ticket is selling for. If I didn't have it in hand, I'd be cryin'. I mean wailing. :faint: :faint:

Beach, can you believe this?

Beachbabe
05-24-2012, 12:11 PM
http://www.stubhub.com/belmont-stakes-tickets/2012-belmont-stakes-6-9-2012-4055650/

WHOA!!! This is per ticket. I get same section every year, third floor, preferred grandstand.

I'm looking at what my ticket is selling for. If I didn't have it in hand, I'd be cryin'. I mean wailing. :faint: :faint:

Beach, can you believe this?

LOL
Nice seats; exorbitant price. Good for you !!
Enjoy the day :)