PDA

View Full Version : Did You Know It's Criminal to Criticize Obama?

boxcar
05-20-2012, 04:02 PM
And this teacher is what passes for an educator today? :bang: :bang: :bang: She should be terminated from her position with extreme prejudice (said at the horrible risk of being accused of racism). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/20/NC-teacher-screams-student-Obama

Boxcar

HUSKER55
05-20-2012, 04:18 PM
and the schools are wondering why home schooling is rising.

JustRalph
05-20-2012, 04:47 PM
p59MSsLv7Vc

NJ Stinks
05-20-2012, 07:47 PM
I had some pretty wacky teachers who leaned to the right in my high school. I don't recall "home schooling" being mentioned as the solution.

Kis must have been tougher back then. :lol:

boxcar
05-20-2012, 09:35 PM
I had some pretty wacky teachers who leaned to the right in my high school. I don't recall "home schooling" being mentioned as the solution.

Since they were unable to help you, it's obvious they weren't tough enough.
If I had you for a student in high school, you would have never graduated. :lol:

Boxcar

Rookies
05-20-2012, 09:41 PM

I went through the corporal punishment years!

What did beatings by psycho, maladjusted authority figures masquerading as teachers tell me?

Buy that " F AUTHORITY" button the second I could.;) And given the fact that I had to grow up quick lacking one parent, I made it a career- the button that is! :lol:

mostpost
05-20-2012, 11:46 PM
And this teacher is what passes for an educator today? :bang: :bang: :bang: She should be terminated from her position with extreme prejudice (said at the horrible risk of being accused of racism). :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/20/NC-teacher-screams-student-Obama

Boxcar
Must have been a slow news day at Breitbart. To begin with the video never shows anyone, you just hear things. Let's assume that the people heard on the video are an actual teacher and her students. The worst we can say is that the teacher is sadly misinformed. Unfortunately that is the best we can say about the student.

Somewhere he heard that Barack Obama admitted to pushing a girl in "Dreams From My Father." He thought that was bullying and compared it to what Mitt Romney did to John Lauber. There is, in reality, no comparison. What Obama did happened one time and he expressed regret at the time of the incident.

Bullying by definition is an ongoing event.
Bullying is a form of aggressive behavior manifested by the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when the behavior is habitual and involves an imbalance of power.

That's from wikipedia.

Cutting Lauber's hair was not the only action taken by Romney. He was known to make comments about gays and became incensed by people with long hair and people who did not dress like he thought they should. He gathered a posse to bring Lauber to justice. As he saw it.

When Romney cut Lauber's hair he was eighteen; an actual adult. When Obama pushed Coretta on the playground he was ten; a child. Obama recognized immediately that what he had done was wrong. I doubt that Romney realizes that yet.

mostpost
05-20-2012, 11:51 PM
and the schools are wondering why home schooling is rising.

There are some incompetent teachers, but their are a lot of incompetent parents. Home schooling is a great idea if you want kids to grow up thinking that the world is six thousand years old, and that Adam and Eve existed, and that man has no effect on climate, or that people are Gay by choice.

Home schooling is rising, if it is rising, because ignorant people want to spread their ignorance.

Tom
05-21-2012, 12:00 AM
Home schooling = no union dues, so of course, mostie is against it.

Greyfox
05-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Criminal to criticize Obama?

Cripes....it would be far more criminal to praise him.

What has he achieved in 3 years?

(Answer: see blank space below)

mostpost
05-21-2012, 12:36 AM
Home schooling = no union dues, so of course, mostie is against it.
Union dues is your phobia, not mine. I did not even think about unions when formulating my response. I considered whether I would rather have my children taught by people who were trained in teaching and had up to date knowledge of the subjects or by myself. I voted against myself and I will tell you that I am a heck of a lot smarter than some of the people that I have seen home schooling their kids.

Also, I would want my kids to be exposed to a lot of different ideas. Most home schooled kids are only exposed to what their parents/teachers want them exposed to.

ElKabong
05-21-2012, 12:57 AM
no one on my block sends their kids to a public school. Not one. And I live in as middle class of a neighborhood as you can get. Not affluent, not poor.

Public schools here in Tx have been so dumbed down by illegal's kids, it puts a drag on the average student. It's a joke, has been for 25+ yrs b/c the borders are open and free. No kid I know of here is home schooled, they go to private schools

bigmack
05-21-2012, 01:15 AM
When Romney cut Lauber's hair he was eighteen; an actual adult. When Obama pushed Coretta on the playground he was ten; a child. Obama recognized immediately that what he had done was wrong. I doubt that Romney realizes that yet.
How's that scorecard comin' on who's a bigga putz? You don't want to size-up your clown with my boy.

Speankin 'o which, do me a solid. Fire-up a thread on the accomplishments of this admin thusfar and boast with pride your want for another 4 like these last. Then, what do you care, pension comes come hell or high water. Or is it sleet & rain...?

8 beautiful Romney years. In the first 6 months of his admin, STAND TF BACK.

Hallelujah Brotha's.

boxcar
05-21-2012, 08:14 AM
Must have been a slow news day at Breitbart. To begin with the video never shows anyone, you just hear things. Let's assume that the people heard on the video are an actual teacher and her students. The worst we can say is that the teacher is sadly misinformed. Unfortunately that is the best we can say about the student.

The rest of your drivel isn't the point of the thread, so I"m not going to address that nonsense.

This woman, masquerading as an educator, is is an incompetent airhead -- at BEST. And she's a typical liberal who hates freedom of the speech. Since she owns the bully pulpit in her classroom, she gets to shut students down by shouting them down, except in this case the kid wasn't intimidated by her over-sized mouth, which obviously is a lot larger than her brain! Kudos to the kid for his courage to stand up to this fool and to his parents for pulling him out of that indoctrination center, which is trying to pass itself off as a school!

Boxcar

HUSKER55
05-21-2012, 09:12 AM
how many competent parents are there for each incompetent one. is there some sort of scale or how is this measured.

everyone knows a success story but are there any available stats for home schooled vs regular school?

toetoe
05-21-2012, 12:32 PM
Fire-up a ...

:cool: . (:Exhaling.)

mostpost
05-21-2012, 02:12 PM
how many competent parents are there for each incompetent one. is there some sort of scale or how is this measured.

everyone knows a success story but are there any available stats for home schooled vs regular school?

There don't seem to be a lot of definitive studies, but what I did find was that on the SAT, home schooled students out perform public schooled students slightly on English and Reading, while lagging behind on Math. I don't know if the SAT specifically test for Science ability, but it would seem that Home schooled
students would also lack there, inasmuch as there is a lot of math involved.

The question is what causes these differences. I think the answer is basic. Parental involvement. The parent that home schools their child is aware of what the child's assignments are and when they are due. Unfortunately that is not always the case when it comes to public schools. Sometimes parents of public school children are aware of the assignments, but do not have the education themselves to help the child or to check his work.

I think that if all parents were equally involved, there would be little difference in test results. I think that if parents who are now home schooling their children would send them to public school and maintain the same level of involvement, the test scores of those children would be considerably higher than they are even now.

mostpost
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
How's that scorecard comin' on who's a bigga putz? You don't want to size-up your clown with my boy.

Speankin 'o which, do me a solid. Fire-up a thread on the accomplishments of this admin thusfar and boast with pride your want for another 4 like these last. Then, what do you care, pension comes come hell or high water. Or is it sleet & rain...?

8 beautiful Romney years. In the first 6 months of his admin, STAND TF BACK.

Hallelujah Brotha's.
See new thread "As requested by bigmack"

JustRalph
05-21-2012, 05:50 PM
Anybody ever been to Salisbury NC ?

It's a little country.........and I mean that in a good and bad way. :lol:

I would live there in a heartbeat, in fact looked at some property east of there not long ago.

But, I have a feeling this incident is reflective of the mood in N Carolina right now when it comes to our illustrious leader. The threats to pull Dem Convention, the Gay marriage debate etc etc.

Obama is not gaining ground there.

BlueShoe
05-21-2012, 07:23 PM
No Obama criticism? :eek: How dreadful, what a dull, boring place this forum would become. :sleeping: We right wingers would be reduced to telling old drinking stories, dirty jokes, and posting recipes for outdoor cooking. ;) :D

jelly
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Affirmative action :( I feel for these kids.

Teacher suspended.
http://www.salisburypost.com/News/052112-WEB-North-Rowan-teacher-suspended-qcd

JustRalph
05-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Suspended with pay. She will be on vacation.......while the union figures out how to save her job.

ElKabong
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM
That exchange is unfit for a teacher. I'm amazed she was given a position with that disposition. Hardly worthy of an adult, certainly unacceptable for a teacher.

Must belong to a union I'm guessing....

Regardless if she is a lib or con, that was an embarrassment

Tom
05-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Pretty much par for the course for unions.
Reward incompetence. Protect losers.
Lie through your teeth as often as possible.

IBCNU
05-22-2012, 05:22 PM
I think more parents would be involved in their children's education if one of them didn't have to labor to pay Uncle Sam while the other labored to pay bills.

fast4522
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
Anybody ever been to Salisbury NC ?

It's a little country.........and I mean that in a good and bad way. :lol:

I would live there in a heartbeat, in fact looked at some property east of there not long ago.

But, I have a feeling this incident is reflective of the mood in N Carolina right now when it comes to our illustrious leader. The threats to pull Dem Convention, the Gay marriage debate etc etc.

Obama is not gaining ground there.

See any posters like this down there?

GaryG
05-23-2012, 08:29 PM
My wife and I have tag teamed the education of our 17yo grandson. I did math and science and she did the rest. Worked out well as he has been accepted at Georgia Tech. Jake knows right from wrong and is a very respectful young man.

Greyfox
05-23-2012, 08:36 PM
One plus for public education is that it prepares you for life's hard knocks and realities far better than home schooling can.

Tom
05-23-2012, 10:52 PM
Yes, home schooling prepares you the successes of life. ;)