PDA

View Full Version : Multi-race wagers on Canadian tracks via TS?

Milkshaker
05-20-2012, 01:03 PM
Today I am scoping out Hastings and Fort Erie. Don't usually play Canadian tracks via TwinSpires.

I can't get the wager pad Pro to display P3, P4 etc... betting options for either track.

First time I've encountered this on TS, and am wondering if there is some ridiculous prohibition on bett9ng multi-race wagers from Canadian tracks.

(I tried putting both $1 and $2 as the minimum bets--nothing changes)

Any help appreciated!

Horseplayersbet.com
05-21-2012, 07:45 AM
Today I am scoping out Hastings and Fort Erie. Don't usually play Canadian tracks via TwinSpires.

I can't get the wager pad Pro to display P3, P4 etc... betting options for either track.

First time I've encountered this on TS, and am wondering if there is some ridiculous prohibition on bett9ng multi-race wagers from Canadian tracks.

(I tried putting both $1 and $2 as the minimum bets--nothing changes)

Any help appreciated!
I'm not sure the reason, but pick 3's and pick 4's are not picked up as betting options until sometime between one hour to 40 minutes to post time for Canadian tracks. I don't think it is a regulation issue though.

toddbowker
05-21-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm not sure the reason, but pick 3's and pick 4's are not picked up as betting options until sometime between one hour to 40 minutes to post time for Canadian tracks. I don't think it is a regulation issue though.
Actually, it is. Canada doesn't allow anyone to accept multi-race wagers until the totes are linked. It's been that way for several years.

Horseplayersbet.com
05-21-2012, 09:10 AM
Actually, it is. Canada doesn't allow anyone to accept multi-race wagers until the totes are linked. It's been that way for several years.
That makes sense. I didn't know it was a regulations issue. Thanks.

Milkshaker
05-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Maybe link the totes earlier?

Oh, wait, that would be a logical convenience for potential customers.

That's not the way the racing industry works.

When I couldn't get the wager menu to come up, I just said "screw it" and turned my $$$ and handicapping attention elsewhere.