PDA

View Full Version : eHorse

boxcar
10-22-2001, 02:27 PM
Has or is anyone here using ehorse interactive wagering service out of Costa Rica? Their interface apears to be really nice/intuitive and their rebate program is very, very enticing. I'm truly tempted....:)

Thanks,
Boxcar

Dick Schmidt
10-23-2001, 03:01 AM
Boxcar,

Over on the HSH board (public section I believe) someone asked about this service and got back a glowing report from a player who has used the service for some time. Claims they are very reputable and reliable. Haven't tried them myself yet.

Dick

boxcar
10-23-2001, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Dick Schmidt

>>
Over on the HSH board (public section I believe) someone asked about this service and got back a glowing report from a player who has used the service for some time. Claims they are very reputable and reliable. Haven't tried them myself yet.
>>

Thanks, Richard. I'll take a look. What prompted me to ask was the slick, professional looking glossy brochure I recieved a couple of days ago. I'll probably sit on my hands until I see what Philly PhoneBet's online, interactive package looks like -- but even so, I doubt they would have a rebate program that would even remotely resemble the kind eHorse is offering.

Boxcar

BMeadow
10-23-2001, 11:14 AM
I've used the service for a small portion of my bets with no problems (though I haven't asked for a withdrawal yet). Bets are not unlimited (e.g., you can only make show bets of $100 on second-tier tracks) and you must have your bet in earlier than with a phone service, generally 2 minutes before post time. The service is easy to use, with rebates credited to your account weekly. If you have computer problems, you can call in your bets.

The rebates are not as strong as are available to big players--only 2% if you bet less than $1000 per week, and only 5% at a maximum--but they're better than nothing, and the bets don't go into the pools.

10-23-2001, 10:27 PM
Can I get one of you to post a URL for them?

Thanks in advance
Mikekk

BMeadow
10-24-2001, 12:07 AM
www.betehorse.com

boxcar
10-24-2001, 09:22 AM
Barry, thanks for the info. So much for "truth in advertising". On the back panel of their foldout brochure, they say "Bet up until post time". Guess they forgot to insert " up until two minutues to..."

At any rate, I can't use them. I need to be able to bet as late as possible.

Thanks again,
Boxcar

John
10-25-2001, 12:05 PM
Boxcar, Bet with me. I will give you up t0 five minutes after post.

boxcar
10-25-2001, 01:04 PM
posted by rocajack

Boxcar, Bet with me. I will give you up t0 five minutes after post.

Yeah...and I suppose you'd give me an entire lifetime to collect on those bets, too, eh?

Boxcar

John
10-25-2001, 03:19 PM
Just ask for your winnings and I will enclose the full amount in a post card.

boxcar
10-25-2001, 04:54 PM
rocajack wrote:

>>
Just ask for your winnings and I will enclose the full amount in a post card.
>>

Nah. I prefer doing the humanitarian thing. I'm going to save you the price of post card postage 'cause I kinda suspect that anyone who would think up an idiotic idea totally bankrupt of any value (including humor), would probably be in that same bankrupt state himself.

Ciao,
Boxcar