PDA

View Full Version : 95's north bound lane: heading to Belmont

Grits
05-20-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.drf.com/news/preakness-2012-ill-have-another-wastes-no-time-heading-new-york-belmont-stakes

He looks like a tired fella this morning. Get some rest. ;)

Shelby
05-20-2012, 11:10 AM
Good article :)

D. Wayne is running Optimizer again? :faint:

horses4courses
05-20-2012, 01:39 PM
Good article :)

D. Wayne is running Optimizer again? :faint:

He's unreal.....guess he figures he can't win if they sit one out.
Seems if he has a 3yo colt with the slightest chance of Spring glory, it's foot to the floor.
DWL is a real entertainer...... :ThmbDown:

horses4courses
05-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Hadn't realized how smart a move it is to drive the IHA north today.
Avoiding the midweek traffic!
I have only driven I-95 a few times, but I know that makes sense. :ThmbUp:

Investorater
05-20-2012, 02:10 PM
Now that the dust has settled at Pimlico and I'll Have Another has proven his courage. I'm about ready to declare him the next Triple Crown winner, but I'll just keep my mouth shut and watch the races until June 9th.....

turninforhome10
05-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I think this is key for IHA. He likes to get to know his surroundings and I look to see him thrive at Belmont.

JustRalph
05-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Rookie Jock never having a start at Belmont? That bothers me............

horses4courses
05-20-2012, 03:11 PM

Hasn't bothered him in the first two legs....if the horse loses, unlikely that the jockey will be the reason.

Pace Cap'n
05-20-2012, 03:23 PM
The author of the article didn't seem to think IHA looked tired...

"The morning after his victory on Saturday in the Preakness Stakes, I’ll Have Another – who won the Kentucky Derby on May 5 – looked none the worse for the effort. When he was brought out for a bath at 7 a.m. Sunday here at Pimlico, he did not have one nick on him, his chestnut coat shined, and trainer Doug O’Neill reported that he “emptied his feed tub.” “He’s full of energy,” O’Neill said."

MNslappy
05-20-2012, 03:41 PM

It bothered me enough in the Derby, from the 19 hole no less, that I didnt use him on top, even though I had him in top 3 or 4 contenders. :bang:

PIM's turns can be rough too and the kid had no problem with that either.

I know what you're saying, but......

Fool me once....shame on....shame on....you? Fool me, can't get fooled again. :D

anotherCAfan
05-21-2012, 12:37 AM
It hasn't been an issue so far, but Belmont is different. It's bigger than any track Mario has seen.

I'm hoping Mario gets there early enough to become acclimated with the racetrack.

Grits
05-21-2012, 11:39 AM
The author of the article didn't seem to think IHA looked tired...

"The morning after his victory on Saturday in the Preakness Stakes, I’ll Have Another – who won the Kentucky Derby on May 5 – looked none the worse for the effort. When he was brought out for a bath at 7 a.m. Sunday here at Pimlico, he did not have one nick on him, his chestnut coat shined, and trainer Doug O’Neill reported that he “emptied his feed tub.” “He’s full of energy,” O’Neill said."

All of this is true, still, I pay attention to how horses look in the winners' circle. He was a tired horse; it took a lot to run Bode down. Tired is fine, I anticipate it. He's got three weeks to get over the Belmont surface and to rest. This is a good thing.

"The great part of I'll Have Another is that any of us could have a horse like this," O'Neill said. "He didn't cost a million bucks. But he's got the heart of a champion, the stride of a champion, and the mind of a champion.

"It took every bit of the stretch to get there," he added, "but it shows you just how brilliant this horse is and how brilliant a rider Mario is."
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69927/just-one-more-for-ill-have-another#ixzz1vWAs3GsP

“We got kind of held up for about an hour and a half,” said Jack Sisterson, assistant to O’Neill. “I have no idea where we were, but besides that the horse was happy. He was just looking out the window the whole time. He and Lava Man were together, they were just chatting away the whole time. We were at Pimlico almost two weeks and we shipped in a week before at Churchill, and now we’re here for the three weeks. So far, so good.

"It’s kind of working out for us, so we’re not going to change that. I think the sooner he gets over the track and gets familiar with the surroundings. We’ll walk him tomorrow and then take it from there. One day at a time.”
Read more: http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69943/ill-have-another-arrives-in-ny-one-win-away#ixzz1vWC4U5Zg