PDA

View Full Version : Belmont Stakes Parking Options

Track Collector
05-20-2012, 01:03 AM
To those who have attended past versions of the Belmont Stakes, what are the options with regard to parking?

Thanks for any help and/or recommendations.

OTM Al
05-20-2012, 07:48 AM
To those who have attended past versions of the Belmont Stakes, what are the options with regard to parking?

Belmont has a huge amount of parking in their lots. Pretty much the only option if you want to drive there. You could also take the LIRR. I suppose it would work to park in Brooklyn somewhere and take the train from Atlantic/Pacific.

David-LV
05-20-2012, 11:03 AM

General Parking $10
WINNERS' with BELMONT STAKES seat purchase. Preferred Parking $15 additional (Total $25)
CIRCLE Prices subject to change. NO VALET PARKING

_________
David-LV

Canarsie
05-20-2012, 12:10 PM
Here a web page that offers lots of help if you choose not to drive.

http://www.mta.info/lirr/getaways/BelmontPark/index.htm

It will nice to see the auxiliary lot there filled up will put a smile on my face.

sovereign
05-20-2012, 12:22 PM
I usually take the LIRR to Belmont. I could drive, but then I would lose my parking spot, especially on the weekends. :mad:

Been there:
2001 Belmont Stakes: Hot day. Slight humidity. Point Given ran huge.
2001 Breeders Cup: Cold, overcast and windy! But the sun came out for Fantastic Light.
2002 Belmont Stakes: Beautiful day. The nice lady beside me had $2 to win on Sarava.
2003 Belmont Stakes: Steady rain. Empire Maker finally gets one!
2004 Belmont Stakes: Slight drizzle. Seated at top of the stretch. Birdstone was coming hard.
2011 Belmont Stakes: Really wet day. Ruler On Ice ruled the mud.
Every July since 2001.

Grits
05-20-2012, 12:38 PM
Been there on BC weekends, opening day weekends, and Belmont weeks. Last year, cold, and raining. Other years, so hot, thought I'd literally die. Instead of checking parking, be wise, check weather forecasts.

OTM Al
05-20-2012, 03:33 PM
The wife said to also look at belmontstakes.com. There are a couple other ways to get there they are arranging including shuttle buses from Floral Park.