PDA

View Full Version : Today at Pimlico

cj's dad
05-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Very nice afternoon. I got to meet POT (Phantom on Tour)and his father and brother. Very nice people. We went to the paddock area, bet a few races and had a $30+ winner in race 5'

Coming tomorrow with JustRalph (his 1st Pim. trip) and meeting up with OTMAL, his lovely wife and Phantom On Tour and entourage.

Also, got to meet Stu (a PA member) in the racing secretaries office.

A really cool day. I love this site.

PS- for a Steelers fan POT was a nice guy !!

Tom
05-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Toga South!
Sounds like a great weekends,guys!

stu
05-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I am glad that y'all had fun today and hope it continues for y'all the next two days.

BTW, the biggest rock star this week is LAVA MAN!

Grits
05-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Glad you all have been having a great time. Have more fun and cash more winners!!! :)

Uncle Salty
05-18-2012, 12:02 AM
That sounds like a great time.

I hope you guys have fun and catch some fat prices!

OTM Al
05-18-2012, 03:45 PM
It's really quite lovely here today. Did catch up with cj's dad, JustRalph and Phantom on Tour. No blogging this year. Sorry just not in the mood. Will save up for Saratoga. Promise to take a few pictures though and perhaps I'll write up a recap. Drinking my annual black eyed Susan and alive in the P3 to the final leg though don't think it'll pay much. Beats losing though...Enjoy the day and luck to all.

Zydeco
05-18-2012, 05:12 PM
Good to hear you're having a good time and cashed!

OTM Al
05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
Good to hear you're having a good time and cashed!

Yeah, about that casing thing.....

JustRalph
05-18-2012, 08:06 PM
51 dollar horse on the turf gets us out and on top nice for the day........now celebrating at the local Hangout

JR n Cj's Dad

Zydeco
05-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry Al at least you are having a good time , right?

PhantomOnTour
05-18-2012, 11:32 PM
They're lying...i am a total degenerate ;)

Thanks CJD for the Sugar Bowl poster :ThmbUp:
Nice to meet OTM Al, his lovely wife and Ralph...sorry i missed you Stu.

CJD and i almost made it to the Derby winner's stall before getting booted out of the stakes barn area...we were so close. Man, Doug O'neill has really moved in. He has his signage and logos all over that barn.

Thanks to CJD (and CJ...it was his numbers) for putting me and my family on that nice 14-1 winner yesterday. I would not have used that horse in any slots on my ticket.
Thank the Lord, because that was just about the only winner we had on Thurs. Today went much better...hit a few turf sprints (George Weaver y'all...i can't say enough about him), the Pim Spcl thanks to my brother Chris who loved the 2-5-8, and a few lil hits here and there.
Tomorrow's card is a bit disappointing for Preakness Day. Uhhhhh, except for the Arabian race :rolleyes:
Fields are smaller and not quite as competitive as today, but i'm sure we will find a way to have fun and hopefully win some money.

Good times

PhantomOnTour
05-18-2012, 11:35 PM
51 dollar horse on the turf gets us out and on top nice for the day........now celebrating at the local Hangout

JR n Cj's Dad
I talked my brother out of betting that horse (the #1 right?) :bang:
The doctors say i should be released from the hospital in time for first post tomorrow. :D
Glad y'all hit that one.

OTM Al
05-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Sorry Al at least you are having a good time , right?

Oh yeah. Just got back from my favorite restaurant Tio Pepe. Tomorrow will get to get into a few interesting places including infield saddling area for the Preakness, so will get some pictures. Would like to win a bet or two though...it's been so long.

cj's dad
05-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Oh yeah. Just got back from my favorite restaurant Tio Pepe. Tomorrow will get to get into a few interesting places including infield saddling area for the Preakness, so will get some pictures. Would like to win a bet or two though...it's been so long.

Is a bore. You and your lovely wife could ha ve had a ball at the local pub where Ralph and I hung out with bad karoke; but then again ###

BillW
05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
the local pub where Ralph and I hung out with bad karoke;

What is it with you and karoke? :lol:

PhantomOnTour
05-19-2012, 06:21 AM
Alan Goldberg has a few running at Pim today. He generally does well here on Preakness weekend, but not last year.
If he wins one early i would surely keep an eye on the rest of his runners.

OTM Al
05-19-2012, 11:47 AM
So this lunch thing I got a ticket to is very nice. Terry Bradshaw is sitting two tables from us.

rastajenk
05-19-2012, 12:52 PM
You don't see 1-9 on big days very often.

Tom
05-19-2012, 03:48 PM
So this lunch thing I got a ticket to is very nice. Terry Bradshaw is sitting two tables from us.

Blitz him!
He'll never suspect it's coming. :D

OTM Al
05-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Blitz him!
He'll never suspect it's coming. :D
He's actually pretty nice. He's talked to everyone who goes to say hi. D.Wayne was hanging with him for quite a while. He provided introduction when the wife went over to say hello.

Valuist
05-19-2012, 04:08 PM
I swear Mr. Handsome got 2nd in that race. Had to have been on the head bob. Cost me a big exacta.

OTM Al
05-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Got some great pics. Also had a miracle happen. Had $25 left. $20 to win 9 and $5 on a straight 9-7 exacta. You never win your las bet. Still down for the two days, but nice recovery anyway.

Shelby
05-19-2012, 07:59 PM
I wish I would have been there for the win. Was the crowd cheering as hard as I was? Must have been a great feeling :)

cj's dad
05-20-2012, 10:09 PM
What is it with you and karoke? :lol:

I've had a thing about karaoke since we were at Oaklawn park and you wouldn't go to the topless karaoke.

I love watching folks making asses out of themselves, including me. EzTgkK7tOrE

BillW
05-20-2012, 10:45 PM
I've had a thing about karaoke since we were at Oaklawn park and you wouldn't go to the topless karaoke.

I love watching folks making asses out of themselves, including me. EzTgkK7tOrE

:ThmbUp: :D