PDA

View Full Version : Totally Tucker

LRL Racing
05-16-2012, 10:25 PM
Looks like she will run back on May 25th or 26th at Churchill. Came out of her race good and she is training well for her return. Unfortunately, Rosie is in New York and she has rode her so well.

Exotic1
05-16-2012, 11:15 PM
Good luck, again.

LRL Racing
05-19-2012, 11:35 PM
Drove up to Churchill today to meet my buddy and do some betting. Got to see Tucker and she looked real good. Really blossoming out.

LRL Racing
05-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Entered for Friday, May 25th, the 10th Race going 7/8 ths.

Shelby
05-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Entered for Friday, May 25th, the 10th Race going 7/8 ths.

Wooo Hooo! Good luck!

LRL Racing
05-22-2012, 08:27 PM
Who do you like in Tucker's race?

GoGoMac
05-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Did something happen over there. Use to have at least 10 horses in 70% of races, today almost all of them are 6 horse fields.

GoGoMac
05-22-2012, 08:44 PM
sorry, newbie mistake, didn't mean for that last post to end up here.

Rise Over Run
05-22-2012, 08:58 PM
Who do you like in Tucker's race?
Tucker should demolish this field. The only possible hiccup would be if Avid improves significantly first time on the dirt, but I'm not really buying that. No works for your girl between races? Good luck.

tbwinner
05-22-2012, 11:15 PM
She looks great in there.....Good Luck!!

smokinjoe@bp
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
all you have to do is run downs (jamaican smoke) avid will set a nice pace for you to close into.

tucker6
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
what are the plans for Totally Tucker going forward? From her pedigree, she seems able to stretch to longer distances?

LRL Racing
05-23-2012, 07:57 PM
Next is Friday at 6:24 pm.

LRL Racing
05-23-2012, 08:06 PM
Tucker should demolish this field. The only possible hiccup would be if Avid improves significantly first time on the dirt, but I'm not really buying that. No works for your girl between races? Good luck.

Once he gets one fit my trainer likes to just gallop up to the race and go;especiially on three weeks. He typically is quite dangerous with this move.

Many horses break down during breezes so we try to save as much as we can and limit the pushing.

She is galloping better than ever according to the gallop boy so she should run big. My concern is the #7. Eddie Kenneally is pretty tough.

tucker6
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Next is Friday at 6:24 pm.
I meant the more distant future. ;)

woodtoo
05-23-2012, 08:47 PM
Refugio should be running late,good luck.

LRL Racing
05-23-2012, 10:09 PM
I meant the more distant future. ;)

In the horse business that is far enough. Just hope nothing happens between now and Friday and during the race. Hopefully she runs good and then you let her tell you when she wants to run again as well as how far. That is the best case scenario.

Robert Fischer
05-24-2012, 12:05 AM
Once he gets one fit my trainer likes to just gallop up to the race and go;especiially on three weeks. He typically is quite dangerous with this move.

Many horses break down during breezes so we try to save as much as we can and limit the pushing.

She is galloping better than ever according to the gallop boy so she should run big. My concern is the #7. Eddie Kenneally is pretty tough.

hard to know with the 7. Looked so much better controlling the pace on the poly than she did on dirt(less early speed and poor footwork). However she is probably an improving horse and should be a contender.

Refugio has good breeding and they are trying to find a niche for her. Closed against the grain last time and shows a bullet work.

Totally Tucker looks to be the most talented. I expect to see better tactical speed given her good response in previous races, the stretch out in distance, and the jockey change.

nijinski
05-24-2012, 12:33 AM
Love the grey/roan color .
Looks like Al Hattab had some say in that :)
Good Luck!

turninforhome10
05-24-2012, 02:12 AM
A little gift. Hope she stays on course and keeps up the good work. The family tree is a little outdated but has some nice names. She traces back to Beeswing.
http://www.tbheritage.com/HistoricDams/EngFoundationMares/Family8/Family8.html

LRL Racing
05-24-2012, 07:48 PM
Good information. WOW... All I know is she was feeling real good last Saturday. Trainer gone to New York.

Taking my five grandchildren and two daughters with me.

Fortunately God has blessed me with some real nice horses and a trainer to go with them. And Tucker has exceded his expectations every time she has been asked to run so as long as there are no injuries she has an awful huge heart and she is in it to win it!

Thanks to all!!!!

LRL Racing
05-26-2012, 12:45 AM
Tucker was jumping and kicking before the race and with the extra 1/8 th mile felt very positive going in. She moved well into the turn and then ducked out at the 1/8 th pole and flattened out. After the race I did get to talk to Calvin who said she was couging coming back after the race and he knew we thought she had a big kick but he said it wasn't there today. Of course she had to go to the test barn because she was favored and ran fifth which took about an extra hour for her and me but part of the business to watch for cheating.

We scoped her and she displaced. So at least we know. Tucker will live to fight another fight.....

Other than the race it was a GREAT day with my grandchildren and children.

JLJ once told me; in the horse racing business some days you get chicken and some days you get feathers; it was feathers today......

Thank You Jesus!

PaceAdvantage
05-26-2012, 02:55 AM
Thanks for the update and the inside baseball... :ThmbUp:

Shelby
05-26-2012, 10:09 AM
Tucker was jumping and kicking before the race and with the extra 1/8 th mile felt very positive going in. She moved well into the turn and then ducked out at the 1/8 th pole and flattened out. After the race I did get to talk to Calvin who said she was couging coming back after the race and he knew we thought she had a big kick but he said it wasn't there today. Of course she had to go to the test barn because she was favored and ran fifth which took about an extra hour for her and me but part of the business to watch for cheating.

We scoped her and she displaced. So at least we know. Tucker will live to fight another fight.....

Other than the race it was a GREAT day with my grandchildren and children.

JLJ once told me; in the horse racing business some days you get chicken and some days you get feathers; it was feathers today......

Thank You Jesus!

I'm glad she's ok! She'll get 'em next time.

I was so excited to see Calvin got the mount! I love me some Calvin. :)