bigmack
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM
6 letter Capitals.

St. Basil's Cathedral is there.

Chris Matthews: What is Istanbul :confused: :lol:

syVJS018Pbs

johnhannibalsmith
05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
That wasn't even his worst moment. He was pretty bad throughout.

boxcar
05-16-2012, 12:29 AM
That wasn't even his worst moment. He was pretty bad throughout.

And what makes it even worse for Mathews is how he so viciously and gratuitously insulted and mocked Palin's intelligence and laughed at the idea of her ever appearing on Jeopardy. Poetic Justice is sweet.

Boxcar

bigmack
05-16-2012, 12:46 AM
Matthews prances around as if he and his cronies are the smartest guys around yet he can't figure out Istanbul has slightly more than 6 latters?

Then, ya got dopes like Letterman who bring on guys like Brian Williams and ask 'news questions' because they assume they're smart.

TalkingHeads are airheads.

bd2ySV7AfgM

Dave Schwartz
05-16-2012, 12:53 AM
I do not watch Jeopardy twice a year but happened to watch that last night (I think it was last night, anyway).

Amazingly stupid answers.

Striker
05-16-2012, 01:21 AM
Funny answer to me today on Jeopardy doesn't have to do with anybody involved with politics but Kareem Abdul Jabbar buzzed in on this one--
Category was "Five"
Q: Movies are given the following 5 ratings in the US(or something like this) PG, PG-13, R, NC-17 and this?

Kareem buzzes in confidently and says "What is X."

HUSKER55
05-16-2012, 04:28 AM
ya know guys, my mom taught me that if the best you can do is put someone else down by calling that person names and mocking them, then the idiot is the person doing the talking.

Chris Mathews is not on my watch list.

Robert Goren
05-16-2012, 05:00 AM
There is a reason why newsmen when they run for public office they get trounced at the polls. The only time I watch O'Reily is when I know he going to have a couple of Fox anchors try to answer a few history questions. If you have never seen that, it is absolutely hilarious.

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
If that's what is on this week, I'll just delete them off of the DVR right now.

Saratoga_Mike
05-16-2012, 09:00 AM
And what makes it even worse for Mathews is how he so viciously and gratuitously insulted and mocked Palin's intelligence and laughed at the idea of her ever appearing on Jeopardy. Poetic Justice is sweet.

Boxcar

I don't remember this, but I'm sure you're right. I'd love to see the video clip of this. Thanks.

toetoe
05-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Mack,

That montage is out of context, sir. :lol:

If Tingle Boy said, "Who is Gary 'U.S.' Powers ?" I would forgive all.

toetoe
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Suggested intro for Mr. Alcindor:

"He did more drugs than even Barry Obama, a-n-n-nd he hated white folks like nobody's business."

Let's just say I wouldn't want him teaching my kids/grandkids Skyhooked on Phonics (Skyhooked on Whole Language ... :confused: ).

boxcar
05-16-2012, 11:05 AM
I don't remember this, but I'm sure you're right. I'd love to see the video clip of this. Thanks.

I'm sure I am, too. Mainly because I heard the audio on El Rushbo's show. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Tom
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Alex: Dumber than a box of rocks.
Wolf: Who am I?

Saratoga_Mike
05-16-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm sure I am, too. Mainly because I heard the audio on El Rushbo's show. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

Got it. If you or anyone else comes across the clip, pls post.

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:11 PM
Alex: Dumber than a box of rocks.
Wolf: Who am I?
Is he named after a reindeer?

bigmack
05-16-2012, 12:18 PM
Got it. If you or anyone else comes across the clip, pls post.
Which clip do you want of the four?

This from a man who on October 2, 2008, shortly before that evening's Vice Presidential debate, said of Palin:

"Is this [vice presidential debate] about her brain power?... Do you think cute will beat brains?...Do you think she’d do better on the questions on Jeopardy! or the interview they do during a half-time?...My suspicion is that she has the same lack of intellectual curiosity that the President of the United States has right now and that is scary!"

Then on January 12, 2010:

They find these empty vessels who know nothing about the world! Nothing about foreign policy! Who immediately begin to spout the neo-con line. I read her book — it’s full of that crap....It’s unbelievable how little this woman knows!...Don’t put her on Jeopardy!”

And again on November 2, 2010:

“Senator, do you think Sarah Palin is qualified to be President of the United States?...If she were on Jeopardy! right now and the topic was national government, American government generally defined, would she look like an imbecile, or would she look okay? Does she know anything?"

And finally on January 19, 2011:

“I’d like to see her on just a couple of episodes of Celebrity Jeopardy! or It’s Academic Mac McGarry to just see if she knows anything.”

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Wolf's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

ArlJim78
05-16-2012, 01:50 PM
nothing could be worse than Wolf Blitzers appearance on celebrity jeopardy. He was so awful it was painful to watch. I felt sorry for the guy.

boxcar
05-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Isn't it amazing! How can Saratoga question my credibility? The only reason he wanted the clips is because he didn't believe me. (In fact, to this day I bet he still doesn't believe I lived in 4 of the 5 boroughs in Nooo Yawk Cittee.) :lol:

Boxcar

mostpost
05-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Isn't it amazing! How can Saratoga question my credibility? The only reason he wanted the clips is because he didn't believe me. (In fact, to this day I bet he still doesn't believe I lived in 4 of the 5 boroughs in Nooo Yawk Cittee.) :lol:

Boxcar

I believe you. In fact I find it incredible that you were not thrown out of all five boroughs.

mostpost
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Strange how no one has seen fit to mention that the winner that day was former Obama Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.

bigmack
05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
Strange how no one has seen fit to mention that the winner that day was former Obama Press Secretary Robert Gibbs.
Strange? Don't tell me you need recognition for every dimwit that has been associated with your man crush?

boxcar
05-16-2012, 09:20 PM
I believe you. In fact I find it incredible that you were not thrown out of all five boroughs.

It might surprise you to learn that I was never tossed out of any of them. In fact, it was I who could not wait to shake the dust of the Big Apple off my sandals. And I've never looked back, been back or have any regrets. :)

Boxcar

JustRalph
05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Nobody could be worse than this guy~~~!!!!!!!

bcdWMaYWzGg

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2012, 09:13 AM

thank you BM

Saratoga_Mike
05-17-2012, 09:17 AM

Boxcar

In this case, I was not questioning you Box. I just wanted to see the actual clip or quotes.

And I just don't understand how you never lived in Staten Island. It's perplexing. Anyway, you're very sensitive, bringing up such an old slight. It's almost as if you care what I think, but we know that isn't true.