PDA

View Full Version : Black Caviar at top/Cecil on Frankel & Caviar

Grits
05-15-2012, 04:19 PM
http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/world-class-reliability-factor-makes-caviar-a-one-off-may-14/1033019/international/#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

U.S. has four named in top twelve.

Black Caviar: most horses average 37mph but she has clocked 45mph

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/world-class-reliability-factor-makes-caviar-a-one-off-may-14#newsArchiveTabs=last7DaysNews

Cecil says he would love to see Frankel vs Caviar.

horses4courses
05-15-2012, 07:20 PM
How's it ever going to happen?

I see BC kicking butt at 6 furlongs.
Frankel, very likely, wins at a mile or more.
7 furlongs? Now there's a race........ :ThmbUp:

Native Texan III
05-15-2012, 07:31 PM
Is the fastest horse not Eyes of Dawn who has the World record of 14.909 seconds from a standing start over 300 yards?

An obvious mistake in their ratings column is that they have left out Frankel who Racing Post rate at 139.

Cecil is racing Frankel at 10f this year and does not want to race BC who is racing at 6f in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot.

RXB
05-15-2012, 07:53 PM
An obvious mistake in their ratings column is that they have left out Frankel who Racing Post rate at 139.

Cecil is racing Frankel at 10f this year and does not want to race BC who is racing at 6f in the Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot.

That ratings list is for 2012 only and Frankel has yet to start. Really looking forward to his return on Saturday in the Lockinge.

Some people are talking up the Sussex at Goodwood as a possible clash but I can't imagine BC's people sending her out against Frankel at a mile. I think it's fairly safe to say that the two will never race each other.

Buchan
05-16-2012, 02:46 AM
That ratings list is for 2012 only and Frankel has yet to start. Really looking forward to his return on Saturday in the Lockinge.

Some people are talking up the Sussex at Goodwood as a possible clash but I can't imagine BC's people sending her out against Frankel at a mile. I think it's fairly safe to say that the two will never race each other.

I have always been of the opinion that 1600m(mile) would be right up BC's alley.
If her and Frankel were to meet over a mile then I wouldn't hesitate to back BC.
I have never seen Frankel, so can't form an opinion of his greatness, it's just that I can't imagine there could be 2 horses of BC's(or better) class at the same time!

Peter Berry
05-16-2012, 10:47 AM
I have always been of the opinion that 1600m(mile) would be right up BC's alley.
If her and Frankel were to meet over a mile then I wouldn't hesitate to back BC.
I have never seen Frankel, so can't form an opinion of his greatness, it's just that I can't imagine there could be 2 horses of BC's(or better) class at the same time!
There is nothing about Black Caviar's style that suggests she wouldn't be just as good over a mile. And because she is perceived as a sprinter she would be in a figurative no-lose situation were she to tackle Frankel at that distance. Indeed, it would be regarded as a great sporting gesture, the mare stepping out of her comfort zone to tackle one of the greatest milers of all time.

lamboguy
05-16-2012, 10:57 AM
There is nothing about Black Caviar's style that suggests she wouldn't be just as good over a mile. And because she is perceived as a sprinter she would be in a figurative no-lose situation were she to tackle Frankel at that distance. Indeed, it would be regarded as a great sporting gesture, the mare stepping out of her comfort zone to tackle one of the greatest milers of all time.
i agree that her style would indicate that she could go the mile, but she is getting older and its tougher to teach her new things at this stage of her career.

from what little experience that i have had, the toughest thing to do in horse racing is changing surfaces and distances. as you know very well from watching races at the mountain for years, you see a gigantic difference between 5 1/2 furlongs and 6. a horse that shows speed in the 6 often times doesn't show the same energy going the shorter distance. and horses that can close at 5 1/2 can't close as well going 3/4.

RXB
05-16-2012, 11:30 AM

It's not that difficult to form an opinion of Frankel. His races are available on YouTube.

Buchan
05-19-2012, 12:57 AM
It's not that difficult to form an opinion of Frankel. His races are available on YouTube.

Correct, but I have to interested enough to do that, and I am not, as I doubt he will ever run any of the countries we currently bet in.

Humph
05-19-2012, 04:28 PM

The English are probably saying the same in reverse :) Frankel is the real deal.

As for him and BC meeting , Henry Cecil is the type of trainer who won't go gunning for a match-up with anyone . If it happens , absolutely fine , but he'll stick to his plans , as far as he is able to , and that is for Frankel to step up to 10 , which should be sooner rather than later.