PDA

View Full Version : Don't Drone Me, Bro

bigmack
05-14-2012, 10:32 PM
QEa2vf19dGQ

JustRalph
05-14-2012, 11:41 PM
These things will be shot down all over the southwest and the gulf coast.........

:lol:

johnhannibalsmith
05-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Real time streaming video of millions of American fingers directed upward daily.

Krauthammer and the other guy are exactly right without having to even sound smart - whatever the benefits are, it isn't worth it. It isn't American.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-15-2012, 01:43 AM
I'm not wanting this to go on regularly, but think they should get police chase helicopters out of the air. And "Drones" are really just small, unmanned spy planes sometimes with bombs and guns. No guns and bombs are an absolute, but supect that other countries might resort to that eventually, hope our nation never does.

Frankly, would like to see the planes replace the traffic helicopters in the large cities, etc. No need to have 1-2 people and a big helicopter needlessly flying over the city and all the people and cars. Helicopters are more expensive, and they do take out their occupants and possibly a few more people than a plane with a camera would.

With the plane cams being far less expensive, might have more crashes of these drones when more and more lane planes get put into the air - I don't know if these are going to show up on each other's radar.

Steve 'StatMan'
05-15-2012, 01:48 AM
Commercially, these will be far less expensive (and visible) than blimps at sporting events. Likely less that regular small planes that pull advertisements over sports events and metropolitan areas (we get them frequently in Chcago along Lake Michigan, the downtown, and therefore the beach goers, the mass pedestrians and people in their cars.

I see the general usage of the planes as just a matter of time. Any photography and the use of those images is another question.

DJofSD
05-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Now where did I leave my model rocket?

toetoe
05-15-2012, 10:12 AM
... Krauthammer and the other guy are exactly right without having to even sound smart ...

That's my goal every time I post. :D

boxcar
05-15-2012, 10:44 AM
That's my goal every time I post. :D

Now, if we could only get Hcap to follow your great lead. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

JustRalph
05-15-2012, 01:41 PM
Police Helicopters are manned and in that vein fulfill the 6th amendment right to face your accuser in court. Why do you think that traffic cams or red light cams are written into 'administrative law' or 'civil law' and not criminal law? It's an end run around the 6th amendment. See info here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confrontation_Clause

I'm not wanting this to go on regularly, but think they should get police chase helicopters out of the air. And "Drones" are really just small, unmanned spy planes sometimes with bombs and guns. No guns and bombs are an absolute, but supect that other countries might resort to that eventually, hope our nation never does.

Frankly, would like to see the planes replace the traffic helicopters in the large cities, etc. No need to have 1-2 people and a big helicopter needlessly flying over the city and all the people and cars. Helicopters are more expensive, and they do take out their occupants and possibly a few more people than a plane with a camera would.

With the plane cams being far less expensive, might have more crashes of these drones when more and more lane planes get put into the air - I don't know if these are going to show up on each other's radar.

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
http://www.9news.com/news/article/268207/188/Mystery-object-nearly-causes-mid-air-collision

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzrS0BVJynM

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-41tg_CS7s

Refrain: I am the eye in the sky...I can read your mind.

Tom
05-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Time for us to burn down the Reichstag.

This is is akin to Nazi Germany in 1938.
This government has go to go - it can no longer be trusted and it can never be fixed.

GD the US Government.
GD Congress.
GD the President.

DJofSD
05-16-2012, 12:53 PM
Is that you Rev. Wright?