PDA

View Full Version : Parx (Monday 5-14) - dead rail?

horses4courses
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
Just watched the 5th at Parx and nothing, nothing, ran on up the rail.
That was the first sprint of the day. There are three more to come.
We'll see.....

Turkoman
05-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Just watched the 5th at Parx and nothing, nothing, ran on up the rail.
That was the first sprint of the day. There are three more to come.
We'll see.....

My calculations had #1 Fleet Mistress as the top choice in the 4th race, and was a winner. This race was seven furlongs.

horses4courses
05-14-2012, 02:42 PM
My calculations had #1 Fleet Mistress as the top choice in the 4th race, and was a winner. This race was seven furlongs.

Didn't see that race live, but just watched the replay.
#1 horse was way the best, going wire to wire.
However, the jockey did have the horse in the 5 path turning for home.

Turkoman
05-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Didn't see that race live, but just watched the replay.
#1 horse was way the best, going wire to wire.
However, the jockey did have the horse in the 5 path turning for home.

You're right. They did go wide turning for home. I guess the jockey felt it was a good idea. Not sure, but very possible.

Robert Fischer
05-14-2012, 03:19 PM
Parx can get very tiring at times.

If you go back to 5/7/2012 there was a pronounced bias with the tiring track.

Today was slightly tiring although Villanueva had a few good rides up front (r1, r6). It was nonetheless much kinder to speed than on 5/7.

When the speed is quitting it makes the outside paths look much better.

Then you have a lot of races where certain horses that are dominant and have no rival speeds that are good enough to respect. These riders and horses are being patient until the turn even with horses that have the ability to be E/P types.

The very inside path may possibly be a little deeper or whatever as well. It is less of a factor than the tiring track.

You also have had several races today where horses that took money didn't have certainty of form. You had class droppers who were hard to gauge their true ability pre-race to even know how a bias may have affected them.

speed
05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
For years at Parx many of the jockeys have ridden wide and wider there. I dont bet Parx with there huge superfecta takeouts, so not sure if the rail is often dead or not but for sure the jocks ride as if it is.

Robert Fischer
05-14-2012, 05:12 PM
For years at Parx many of the jockeys have ridden wide and wider there. I dont bet Parx with there huge superfecta takeouts, so not sure if the rail is often dead or not but for sure the jocks ride as if it is.

trying not to type a long-winded response here...
The way the jocks ride may have an effect too. As would the length of the stretch. They seem to ride hard pre-turn and turn, and the speed can face multiple bids.