PDA

View Full Version : Hansen skips Preakness

horses4courses
05-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Hansen will not run in Preakness.
The pace scenario keeps getting better for Bodemeister.
First no Trinniberg, now no Hansen.
It's also setting up nicely for the Derby principles.

http://www.drf.com/news/preakness-bodemeister-isn%E2%80%99t-he-clever-hansen-out

Not too many to like over I'll Have Another, Bode, and Went The Day Well.
Fourteen may get in the gate, but there will be quite a few throw outs.

horses4courses
05-14-2012, 12:30 PM
Looks like there will only be 12, or 13, entered for the race now.
Hierro is going to skip the race.

BlueShoe
05-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Hansen will not run in Preakness.
The pace scenario keeps getting better for Bodemeister.
For sure. Hansen was the only real proven classy early speed threat to him. Bode now looks to be an absolute dead lock in the Preakness. The problem is that the entire racing world will also see it that way and the price likely will be very short. Lightly raced Paynter, the Trial 2nd may be close up early, and expect I'll Have Another to be much closer to the pace, perhaps even 2nd stalking Bode. Other than those two, does not seem to be much else in the way of early pressure for Bodemeister.

depalma113
05-14-2012, 12:55 PM
I doubt Zayat and Baffert would allow Paynter to mix it up early with Bodemeister. That's if they even decide to race Paynter in the Preakness.

Leparoux
05-14-2012, 02:08 PM
As a big fan of this horse I think this is a great move.

“…. The goal for Hansen now is to put a string of impressive Graded Stakes performances together and make a splash in the Breeders’ Cup at the end of the year beating older horses in the Breeders’ Cup Mile on the Turf or Dirt or in the Breeders’ Cup Sprint. If the Classics are split by three horses, the 3-year-old championship is still on the table.”

-Kendall Hansen

Perfect. Really looking forward to his next start.

Tom
05-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Needs more time for his tail to dry.

classhandicapper
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
Good move. This horse has a very good chance to be a top miler with some development.