PDA

View Full Version : Miracle for Man City

PhantomOnTour
05-13-2012, 05:27 PM
What a finish...two goals in stoppage time to beat Queens Park Rangers and claim the Prem Title over cross town rivals Man United.
Dzeko and Aguero provide the late drama.

Arsenal won to hold on to 3rd and get a Champs League birth next season.
The 4th place team will only make the Champs League if Chelsea lose next Sat to Bayern Munich. If Chelsea win they will get the 4th Prem team birth and the other squad (Spurs?) must go through qualifying, i think.

Jay Trotter
05-13-2012, 05:42 PM
That was one of the most amazing finishes to a sports game I've ever seen. Man City was all over the Rangers for the last half of the game with nothing to show for it and then all of a sudden they score two in extra time.

What I found interesting was the shots of the crowd as the team pressed -- people were hiding their eyes, kids were crying, one guy was beating his seat................the emotion was very raw. I'm sure they'll be partying late into the night. Good stuff. :ThmbUp:

thaskalos
05-13-2012, 06:03 PM
Is there any wonder why they call this..."the beautiful game"?

DJofSD
05-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Just finished watching this match. OMG, it hardly gets any better than that! Wow!

Will Burton get some kind of additional fine for the knee-job after he got the red card?

cj
05-13-2012, 10:01 PM
What a finish...two goals in stoppage time to beat Queens Park Rangers and claim the Prem Title over cross town rivals Man United.
Dzeko and Aguero provide the late drama.

Arsenal won to hold on to 3rd and get a Champs League birth next season.
The 4th place team will only make the Champs League if Chelsea lose next Sat to Bayern Munich. If Chelsea win they will get the 4th Prem team birth and the other squad (Spurs?) must go through qualifying, i think.

I think with a win Chelsea is in, and Spurs would go directly to Europa. It is the old "Liverpool" rule.

Robert Goren
05-14-2012, 06:19 AM
:rolleyes: Two Soccer thread going at the same time. Who'd thunk? What next? Two hockey threads at same time? Where is the NFL when I need them?:rolleyes:

Leparoux
05-14-2012, 02:10 PM
I think with a win Chelsea is in, and Spurs would go directly to Europa. It is the old "Liverpool" rule.
Correct. The rule was put in seven years ago I think and this would be the first time it would be in use.