PDA

View Full Version : Morning jog: far from the madding crowd.

Grits
05-11-2012, 11:27 AM
Media via the @TeamValor Twitter feed. http://bit.ly/IIBlWM

When one feels like all their sport's getting . . . is hit seven ways from Sunday, day after day, this is a great video.

Its a shame its not on the main page of NYT's website. But this isn't what they're currently going for.

Morning solitude. Just two horses, happy as can be while their trainer watches over them.

(Maybe one of the mods can embed. If not, hopefully, one can watch, clicking on the link. )

FantasticDan
05-11-2012, 12:37 PM
SfzxTV1FYT0

Grits
05-11-2012, 12:51 PM
FanD. thanks so much!! You made it front and center. :)

turninforhome10
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
SfzxTV1FYT0
That is how champions are made. Keep the horse happy and let them be a horse.

gm10
05-11-2012, 05:11 PM
Graham Motion used to say that they would just take Better Talk Now out into the hills to train him, because he had so much energy, and it made him fit and happy. Very glad that a guy like that gets the results.

duncan04
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM
Graham Motion used to say that they would just take Better Talk Now out into the hills to train him, because he had so much energy, and it made him fit and happy. Very glad that a guy like that gets the results.

Graham Motion is one of the good guys in the sport. Always cheer for him and happy he won the Derby last year!

Grits
05-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Our resident Jeopardy champion, who I'm grateful to, sent me a message this afternoon.

My thread starter should be "Far From The Madding Crowd." (not Maddening, as I've written.)

This morning when writing the header, I wasn't thinking of the book, I could only vaguely recall the film with actress, Julie Christie. I still hope I've got that part right. :confused: I couldn't remember, Maddening or Madding? I BOMBED.

I thank Overlay for helping me. If he was invited back to Jeopardy next week, he'd bring home 100K as the two day champ. :)