PDA

View Full Version : As predicted blue suffers more under Obama

JustRalph
05-08-2012, 06:25 PM
http://news.investors.com/article/610481/201205080802/blue-states-jobs-suffer-under-obama.htm

Let's Roll
05-08-2012, 06:40 PM
Great article JustRalph, thanks. I always enjoy the comments from the peanut gallery, some good ones there today.

Robert Goren
05-08-2012, 07:05 PM
IBD is a stock market touting service with a little editorial content throw in on the side. If you don't believe me, check out their web site. I gets mailings from horse racing touts who are more impressive than that bunch. Read their editorials if you feel you must, please very careful before you give them any money for their touts just because you agree with their editorial positions. They look pretty shady to me.

JustRalph
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
IBD is a stock market touting service with a little editorial content throw in on the side. If you don't believe me, check out their web site. I gets mailings from horse racing touts who are more impressive than that bunch. Read their editorials if you feel you must, please very careful before you give them any money for their touts just because you agree with their editorial positions. They look pretty shady to me.

They quote all of the sources in the article. I suggest you take it up with them. It's listed right at the bottom of the graphic below and in the article

http://www.investors.com/image/WEBblu_050712.gif.cms

jdhanover
05-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Selecive data mining. Suggestive cause/effect. All of this is silly in my book (both directions). There are stats that say he has done much better than Bush for example. And stats like this that go the other way.

Bottom line is both parties suck. And neither actually wants to govern. just power grab. Sad actually

Robert Goren
05-08-2012, 07:56 PM
Too put it simply, I don't care what they say. Just like I wouldn't care what a race track tout says about politics. If you want to take them seriously, more power to you. They have zero creditabilty with me no matter what sources they cite because of the business they are in.

Tom
05-08-2012, 09:30 PM
When you can't disprove the message......maybe it is that mindset, Bobby, that is the reason the do so poorly compared to red states!

mostpost
05-08-2012, 10:21 PM
With one or two exceptions, those red states are agrarian, sparsely populated states. A two percent job growth in North Dakota means fourteen people found jobs. A one and a half percent growth in Illinois means three thousand found jobs.

Also when you are working in a state where you are paid near minimum wage it is not too difficult to improve your pay.

Tom
05-08-2012, 10:32 PM
14 people?

Wow. Amazing.

That is 3,000,014 net MORE than Obama has created.:D

BlueShoe
05-08-2012, 10:52 PM
Attack the messenger and ignore the message and do not confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up. The lefties never change their tune do they? The liberals are checking in one by one. Yet to be heard from is 'Cappy, who will present a chart, table, or graph that will supposedly dispel the data, and NJ, who will insist that yes but, but the Blue States have a higher standard of living.

lamboguy
05-08-2012, 10:54 PM
what a great prediction!

lsbets
05-08-2012, 11:32 PM
With one or two exceptions, those red states are agrarian, sparsely populated states. A two percent job growth in North Dakota means fourteen people found jobs. A one and a half percent growth in Illinois means three thousand found jobs.

Also when you are working in a state where you are paid near minimum wage it is not too difficult to improve your pay.

Mosty, you're a smart dude. Read up on North Dakota. They have so many jobs and so many people moving there they do not have enough housing. The economy in North Dakota is booming thanks to oil. It is pretty impressive there, and if I felt like doing normal work I would seriously considering moving there. There is a ton of money to be made while the boom lasts.

Robert Goren
05-09-2012, 04:00 AM
When you can't disprove the message......maybe it is that mindset, Bobby, that is the reason the do so poorly compared to red states!These guys manipulate statistics in order to sell their wares. So would you take seriously any political numbers put out by someone like Jonnielu? IBD is stock market equivalent of him.

Tom
05-09-2012, 07:33 AM
Bobby, you mean like Obama changed the formula for calculating unemployment, so the the real rate of over 11% will now look like 8.1%?

That type of thing?

Robert Goren
05-09-2012, 07:51 AM
Bobby, you mean like Obama changed the formula for calculating unemployment, so the the real rate of over 11% will now look like 8.1%?

That type of thing?Maybe you could cite a source for that claim. I google that and could find no evidence to back up that claim.

Valuist
05-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Too put it simply, I don't care what they say. Just like I wouldn't care what a race track tout says about politics. If you want to take them seriously, more power to you. They have zero creditabilty with me no matter what sources they cite because of the business they are in.

Do you feel the same way about the Wall Street Journal? IBD has a general business section and a section for stocks, including a top 50. Yes they do have an editorial page, which has an "on the left" and "on the right". So no, they don't only portray one side.

Funny how if some news source doesn't trumpet the left wing agenda, they are viewed by some as right wing extremists.

Robert Goren
05-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Do you feel the same way about the Wall Street Journal? IBD has a general business section and a section for stocks, including a top 50. Yes they do have an editorial page, which has an "on the left" and "on the right". So no, they don't only portray one side.

Funny how if some news source doesn't trumpet the left wing agenda, they are viewed by some as right wing extremists.It is slander to compare a legitimate business paper like the WSJ to the likes of IBP.While I don't agree with much of what is written the WSJ's editorial page, its coverage of the business world is top notch. When I was working, I read the WSJ everyday. I especially enjoyed its articles of off-the-beaten-path industries. One that comes to mind was an article they did on the American rye whiskey industry. They also did great job on reviews of various products and business related books. I bought "Blink" because a WSJ review. The WSJ is a real newspaper, not a stock touting service trying to look like one.

Valuist
05-09-2012, 09:42 AM
It is slander to compare a legitimate business paper like the WSJ to the likes of IBP.While I don't agree with much of what is written the WSJ's editorial page, its coverage of the business world is top notch. When I was working, I read the WSJ everyday. I especially enjoyed its articles of off-the-beaten-path industries. One that comes to mind was an article they did on the American rye whiskey industry. They also did great job on reviews of various products and business related books. I bought "Blink" because a WSJ review. The WSJ is a real newspaper, not a stock touting service trying to look like one.

By your response, its obvious you have never read IBD.

Robert Goren
05-09-2012, 10:01 AM
By your response, its obvious you have never read IBD.Actually I have. I stand by my posts. They are tout selling rag trying to pass themselves off as a legitimate news paper. You view of them is maybe colored by their political stances. The WSJ has basically the same political stances as IBD, yet I respect them. I have no respect for IBD. Their political stances has nothing to do with my opinion of them.

Valuist
05-09-2012, 12:22 PM
They are no more a tout rag than the DRF is. There may be tout like operators who advertise in them, but IBD is mostly stories and the top 50 stocks according to their metrics.

RaceBookJoe
05-09-2012, 01:34 PM
I'll take the IBD over the WSJ when it comes to stocks anyday.