PDA

View Full Version : Bangor Raceway Selections-May 8th

MainelyPace
05-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Good day yesterday to start the meet with 5 out of 9 winners and a nice $200 exacta...Let's see if we can do the same today!

Race 1: Pace, 3000 CLM
Selections: 5-1-7
#5 Fort Hamilton broke off the start Saturday in Scarborough and still finished 2nd, drops in here and with a clean trip looks the best. #1 Fireball Fred kicks off his 2012 campaign in the claiming level he performed well in at the end of last season. Should pick up where he left off. Finally, #7 Saftic finished a fading third last out at Scarborough, picks up Drew Campbell in the sulky and looks to pick up a check again.

Race 2: Pace, N/W 2 PM Life
Selections: 8-5-4
At first when I read the conditions for this race I thought for sure it was going to be ugly. Some horses here are, but there actually are some nice animals in this race; #8 Sheeza Hottie Girl being one of them, she has been competing against tougher and retains regular pilot Drew Campbell. Hard not to like her odds here. #5 Catch The Terror won last out as the betting favorite, and will contend here. Use #4 Circles Sassylassy in the bottom of exotics, the filly ran a nice qualifier but I don't like her chances off the layoff against the 8 and 5.

Race 3: Pace, N/W 1 PM Life
Selections: 4-5-2
At first glance, #5 Pop Artist looks the best, arriving north in an easier spot after going through 3 different trainers in as many races. Scratched sick from Saratoga last out and is a pass to win for me this time, but is much better than the rest of the field. Top billing instead goes to #4 Shocked Ivy, the 4-year-old mare drops down from N/W 2 PM where she competed and gains Kevin Switzer in the bike. Look for a winning effort today. #2 Pierce My Heart will look to play spoiler and is our third choice.

Race 4: Pace, 3000 CLM
Selections: 3-2-7
#3 Raytheking was very game last time out in chasing a big winner at Scarborough, will look to do that himself this time. #2 No Shoes also chased a big winner last time out in Canada and will look for a win here as well. We will take a shot in the bottom of our exotics with #7 Bad Kat, overmatched last start but was competitive in the 2 starts before that. Horse likes the Bangor dirt so we look for a bounce-back race here.

Race 5: Pace, 3000 CLM
Selections: 7-4-3
#4 Tremendous Hanover was a disappointment last time out, and we will try to beat the likely favorite here. #7 Naturally Noble will be the one we try over him for a price, horse is a game and rarely finishes off the board and is liable to win this. #3 Ascot Bourbon would be our choice but will likely need a tightener before being usable on top. Still better than the rest of this field and another horse who runs better in Bangor.

Race 6: Pace, N/W 3000 L/5
Selections: 3-2-4
What a nice field this is, good group of horses. #3 P H Supercam has ran stellar his last two and as long the form continues he wins here. #2 Art's Sake tried tougher last time out, drops back down and if you look at the pattern in this horses last 6 starts, this is the start where the gelding should runa big effort. #4 Thenor'easterbeast is the best of the rest, has struggled recently but is in a good spot to get back into form here.

Race 7: Pace, Winners 3-5 Life
Selections: 2-1-6
This race has two clear favorites, but personally I like #2 Fear Itself on top. Drew Campbell could be setting up for a big day, and is driving here for a trainer who wins 20% of his starts. The Bickmore barn sends out #1 Rockin Ray, a horse who looked like he was on his game in Canada last start but was the recipient of a bad drive. Completing the tri will be #6 Wallydontplaygames, one of my least-favoite plays is an owner/trainer/driver, which is what this is. Hits at awful percentages but this horse looks better than the rest.

Race 8: Pace, 4000 CLM
Selections: 2-1-3
Almost always a race where you play just the three inside horses, and this is that race. #2 Flag of Honor wired the field last time out and was impressive coming back after the layoff. No reason to not like here as well. #1 Wantsomeofthis will likely catch the pocket trip with the 2 firing out and may steal this one. #3 Loaded is coming back from a layoff and is not ready to win here...Yet.

Race 9: Pace, N/W 2000 L/5
Selections: 8-1-5
#8 Dream Well could go off at good odds if the 1 and 5 take a lot of action, worth watching so we may get a nice price. #1 Rupert Rupert has finally hit a class he should be competitive in, and gets back into form here. #5 Western Edge is the likely favorite, dropping down here all the way from the FFA ranks, but the horse has yet to show anything in Maine. I will pass, but still should be used in exotics as times are competitive for this division.

Race 10: Pace, N/W 1000 L/5
Selections: 4-6-3
What a confusing race this is. I simply took the 3 hores with the best chance and that is what I came up with. #4 I Scoot Richard has been getting better every start, and is a price pick for us here. Based on the other horses in this field, he has the chance. #6 Western Bay loses Thayer and picks up Michael Cushing, who has had some success with this horse before. Rounding out is Thayer's choice, #3 Harvard's Z Tam, a horse who probably would be my pick had he not just stopped running last time out.

Good luck today all, let's make some money!

MainelyPace
05-08-2012, 05:51 PM
Had all 3 horses in the last 2 trifectas...Race 2 the $2 tri paid $73.00 and in Race 3 the $2 tri paid $46.20. Track is "Slow" right now so not a bad day to look for a bomb or two either.

Also, I handicap for a FAST track...Although had I checked the weather for Bangor this morning I would not have.

MainelyPace
05-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Debating with myself whether or not my 3 horses coming in should be called a win or not, but will list them as a win until I decide for certain.

Race 1
Selections: 5-1-7
Results: 1-2-3
LOST

Race 2
Selections: 8-5-4
Results: 4-8-5
$2 4/8/5 tri paid $73.00
($2 DD 2/4-my second and third choices in each race, respectively-paid $19.20

Race 3
Selections: 4-5-2
Results: 2-4-5
$2 2/4/5 tri paid $46.20

Race 4
Selections: 3-2-7
Results: 4-5-3
LOST

Race 5
Selections: 7-4-3
Results: 6-5-1
LOST

Race 6
Selections: 3-2-4
Results: 3-1-5
3 paid $5.40 to win

Race 7
Selections: 2-1-6
Results: 2-1-6 (Nailed it cold :ThmbUp: )
2 paid $2.60 to win
$2 2/1 exacta paid $4.80 :ThmbDown:
$2 2/1/6 tri paid $16.80 (Could be worse for 3 favorites)

Race 8
Selections: 2-1-3
Results: 1-2-3
$2 1/2 exacta paid $14.00
$2 1/2/3 tri paid $49.20

Race 9
Selections: 8-1-5
Results: 5-4-1
LOST

Race 10
Selections: 4-6-3
Results: 6-3-4
$2 6/3/4 tri paid $107.00
($2 5/6 DD-with my third and second choices in each race, respectively-paid $49.40)

Overall, not shabby at all...My top 3 selections all scored in 5 out of 10 races resulting in some nice trifectas, hopefully you played them right :) Selections also included winers in both ends of the DD, albeit I failed to call a winner outright in any of those races. Only called 2 winners as my top selection out of 10 races...YUCK!!! :bang:

No Maine racing again until Friday when both Bangor AND Scarborough run, plan on handicapping both cards. Until then, enjoy the rest of your week!