PDA

View Full Version : Record keeping software?

Maximillion
05-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Cheers,

Looking for any recommended record keeping software........A while back I was looking at "better keep track", that would seem to fill my needs (maybe even more than necessary) but its kinda old now....

As far as creating my own im kind of "challenged" in that dept. so would appreciate any help.

detective
05-07-2012, 09:15 PM
BKT is the only one I found just for horses. You could make your own in excel. BKT is a pain to use but it does work well and it gives tons of results broken down so you know what is your best way to bet. It will not run on 64 bit I have to use it under xp mode...

Jeff P
05-07-2012, 10:04 PM
JCapper WagerHistory Module
Still under development, but it's far enough along now that I recently published it as part of the new program updates for both JCapper Silver and JCapper Platinum.

JCapper users who are operating in sql mode will find that it integrates rather seamlessly into all current versions of JCapper.

Link to help doc - as much as I've been able to write so far:
http://www.jcapper.com/helpDocs/JCapperWagerHistoryHelpDoc.htm

The module enables the user to quickly generate tickets for UDM horses, non UDM horses, and multiple horse wagers. Hitting the Save button persists the current ticket to the WagerHistory table in an Access .mdb file (filename c:\JCapper\Exe\JCapper2.mdb)

The file isn't locked down and the player familiar with Access or another db app can certainly use the data to "roll your own."

The module comes with a reporting engine that enables the user to write and persist reusable sql expressions. With a little creativity, the user can create and store sql expressions that generate reports to show ALL WagerHistory data - or just targeted segments of it. Best of all, the module's reporting engine enables you to break your query results out by almost all of the factors available to you in the JCapper Data Window - plus a handful of factors unique to the WagerHistory Module itself.

My purpose in developing the JCapper WagerHistory Module is to give the player the tools to:

1. Create a detailed set of records.

2. Analyze those records.

3. Improve the bottom line going forward through the act of a. recognizing and b. not repeating mistakes.

Hint: I didn't create this just so I could add another bell or whistle to JCapper. I use it myself and record every single wager that I make. Some of the insights I've been able to glean by analyzing my own wager history have been nothing short of eye opening.

You need to have to have at least some understanding of sql beforehand to use the module effectively. A good benchmark is that if you can operate JCapper's Data Window in sql mode, you can operate JCapper's WagerHistory Module too after a short learning curve.

-jp

Dave Schwartz
05-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Well, since we are doing commercials, try this video on for size.

http://thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/episode-5-hsh-insiders-club/

Fingal
05-08-2012, 12:39 PM
Over at Cynthia Publishing they used to have something called " the Betting Analyst " that broke down all distances & classes, kept your percentages, ROI, etc.

Now mine was the old 3 1/2" floppy version, so who knows what they offer now.

SchagFactorToWin
05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
BKT is the only one I found just for horses. You could make your own in excel. BKT is a pain to use but it does work well and it gives tons of results broken down so you know what is your best way to bet. It will not run on 64 bit I have to use it under xp mode...
What is BKT? I can't find anything on google.

Speed Figure
05-09-2012, 03:07 PM
What is BKT? I can't find anything on google.
Is Bettor Keep Track over at netcapper.com the program seems to be gone now.

facorsig
05-10-2012, 05:06 AM
Bettor Analyst may have been one of the best items available from Cynthia. I had a copy, but stopped using more than a dozen years ago.