PDA

View Full Version : Bangor Raceway Opening Day Selections-5/7

MainelyPace
05-07-2012, 04:17 PM
Bangor Raceway opens today, and although one of the smaller tracks it still gives us here in the central and northern parts of Maine our horse racing fix...So, what better day to stop reading and go in feet first here at PA and post my selections for the opening day card as my first post. :)

Let's make some money...

Race 1: Trot, N/W 3 PM Life
Selections: 5-6-1
What better way to start off a racing season than with a non-winners of 3 trot? :ThmbDown: #5, Organized Chaos ships north from Pennsylvania after two poor starts at Freehold and Pocono, and will likely be the public choice. Apears to have a good late kick which should benefit given the likely speed of the 1 and 3 in the early going. #3 Sycamore Psychic has Greg Bowden in the bike and looks to jump to the front early and is liable to fade, likely needs a tightener after only two qualifiers since October. #1 Pembroke Posey is a three year old who went unraced at two and looks to be getting some starts in before the Sire Stakes season begins. The driver/trainer/owner combo are consistent producers here in Maine and make this one a must-use. #6 Hillbilly Bone is prone to breaking but is almost a risk you have to take against this field. His best start last season came in a 2:02 clocking on this track.

Race 2: Pace, F&M 3,000 CLM
Selections: 1-7-5
We go to the pacers here and see an immediate horse to like on the rail in #1 Sam's Shuffle. Two second-place finishes and a win last out in this division and no reson to expect less today. #7 She'sapurty Lady shows a break last out against tougher ina throw-out race. Drops down today into easier competition and will contend. Randy Bickmore puts Shawn Thayer in the sulky of #5 Nothings Ever Free, the six year old mare has improved every start this year and competed well in this division last December. Finally, #2 In Better Hands cannot be overlooked, if Justin Mahar can give this horse the trip then she could sneak into place or show.

Race 3: Pace, F&M N/W 1,000 L5
Selections: 6-3-2
#6 Terra Cotta Bay is the best here, that last race in Canada is nothing more than a tightener. Picks up ace pilot Heath Campbell and looks for success. #3 You're News broke in the slop at Scarborough 3 days ago but rallied to win. Sneaks in via time of entry here and no reason not to use. #2 Siberian Rose battled a tough crop of three year old fillies in Sire Stakes action last season and was misplaced in her most recent two starts. Drops into a level she is better-suited for and is worth a play.

Race 4: Trot, 3,000 CLM
Selections: 5-6-4
I bounced around a little bit with this one, but in the end settled on #5 Masai Mara. The hoppled trotter was running well here last fall in a higher division as Heath Campbell will look for two in a row. #6 Illin N is one I would normally think would need a tightener, but against such a weak field it is unlikely to matter. #4 Colombe Dream will look to sneak into the show spot after the 1 and 7 fade into oblivion.

Race 5: Pace, F&M 3000 CLM
Selections: 1-2-3
This race is ugly. I settled (and I do mean settled) on the 3 inside horses here. #1 A Bit Like Britt got a tightener in Canada and comes back to the States. We'll hope she then picks up where she left off last December. #2 Pacific Flora comes back after a claim and subsequent three week lay-off. Times are more than competitive for this group. Finally, #3 Medoland Jackie has struggled so far this year but gets much, much needed relief here in competition. She should be hitting the board here and gaining some confidence.

Race 6: Trot, N/W 2000 L5
Selections: 8-1-2
#8 Tough Broad looks to improve while dropping down in class at a track she liked last fall. Horse was not ready to run with those in her first race off the layoff and it showed. #1 Ella Bella was forced to go up in class and performed dismally last out, drops back into the level she has done well with previously. #2 Majesty Hall posted a good qualifier and will look to hit the board here.

Race 7: Pace, F&M N/W 1000 L5
Selections: 4-6-2
#4 M A Jackie competed well from the Switzer barn last time out, drops down here and looks to cash the big check before moving back up. #6 Silly Britches looks to have rounded into form, scoring a show in this class last time. #2 Ms Neutralize is a good horse who is plagued by her trainer also driving. Ugly last 2 starts as a result but this is a spot that surely cannot be screwed up...Can it?

Race 8: Pace, F&M W/O 2000 L5
Selections: 8-4-2
Very competitive group of Fillies & Mares here as they drop the W/O amounts to bring them in. #8 Gracie Gracie finally loses the boys and gets to compete with just the ladies. Outside post is of some concern but should be fine. #4 Hawks Cry Electra has competed well with the boys and should complete a cold 8-4 exacta here. #2 Insider Tip is just returning and will likely need a start or two before we try her to beat the 8.

Race 9: Trot, W/O 10,000 Life
Selections: 1-4-2
#1 Janco should like the rail here and repeat the effort we saw last time out. #4 Velocity Hall had a toss-out with broken equipment after looking like he was finally ready to snag a win, definitely must be considered here. #5 Roadshow Vic scares me with that break last out and poor performance prior to that. We look elsehwere and land on #2 Malabar's Dream, horse failed to fire out of the 8 hole last time and then hit traffic and was fortunate enough to finish 4th after that.

Good luck this evening...:ThmbUp:

MainelyPace
05-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Off to a good start...

RESULTS
5 wins and pays $2.80
6 finishes second, $2 exacta pays 6 bucks even
1 went offstride

lamboguy
05-07-2012, 06:00 PM
nice solid picking, to bad there is no money in those pools

MainelyPace
05-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Race 1
Selections: 5-6-1
Results: 5-6-2
$2.80 win, 5/6 exacta paid $6.00

Race 2
Selections: 1-7-5
Results: 1-6-3
$3.60 win, 5/1 DD paid $6.20

Race 3
Selections: 6-3-2
Results: 2-5-6
LOST

Race 4
Selections: 5-6-4
Results: 5-6-3
$12.00 win, $12.60 place on the 6, 5/6 exacta paid $208.60 :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Race 5
Selections: 1-2-3
Results: 3-4-2
LOST...Could have hunch bet the 4 as the trainer lives in my hometown.

Race 6
Selections: 8-1-2
Results: 4-7-2
LOST

Race 7
Selections: 4-6-2
Results: 4-5-6
$3.00 win (3/4/4 P3 with 2 favorites and a second-favorite paid $60.00)

Race 8
Selections: 8-4-2
Results: 8-1-4
$6.00 win

Race 9
Selections: 1-4-2
Results: 5-4-3
LOST (8-1 DD with the 2 second-favorites in each race paid $20.20)

Overall...5 out of 9 winners called cold, one of my selections won in another race, and 2 races none of my selections won. Also hit the highest-paying exacta of the day COLD (Race 4).

Hope some threw at least a few bucks in...Same thing tomorrow!

MainelyPace
05-07-2012, 09:10 PM
nice solid picking, to bad there is no money in those pools

Have to support the local racing though, plus there is always the random hit you can have when the betting public misses out (such as Race 4).

There are ways to play Bangor, it just takes time to learn and no large bets.

RaceTrackDaddy
05-07-2012, 10:00 PM
Great job on capping and analysis...best wishes for tomorrow..

MainelyPace
05-08-2012, 10:32 AM
Great job on capping and analysis...best wishes for tomorrow..

Thanks RTD, love your site by the way...Could spend a day just going through all the old picks and signers page on there.