PDA

View Full Version : What's up with this Hansen guy?

horses4courses
05-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Saying the horse goes in the Preakness.....that he came out of the Derby fine, but not "his usual self".....like the horse was embarrassed!

Quote:
After the race, Hansen, the owner, said Hansen, the horse, was in fine shape but not his usual self.
"He came out of the race perfect," Hansen said of the nearly white Tapit colt. "He had his head down, he was a little embarrassed. He's usually pretty hyper after a race but last night he was calm, almost like he was embarrassed. He had a bad start, got pinched back and had nowhere to go the first time through the stretch. That took a lot of him. He got a lot of dirt kicked in his face."

I'm pretty sure I know who is embarrassing....... :rolleyes:

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 03:18 PM
The derby party I was at all the older women were talking about the doctor and were fascinated with him,"He's eccentric".It's funny I told them,"If you are a rich guy and a creep,you are eccentric.If you are a working man and a creep,you are a loser"!!

When they had this dude on local tv showing a pair of his underwear with dollar signs on them I knew I hated him instantly!!That dude sounded coked up and stupid with those comments.

Robert Fischer
05-07-2012, 03:20 PM
He's having a fun ride.

turninforhome10
05-07-2012, 03:28 PM
When he was in his box with the Hansen girls, I felt kind of sorry for him. I know hot babes and all but he looked like a pimp rather than horse owner. I am glad Hansen did not win, it would have been a circus. I feel IMHO he is doing great disservice to a rather extraordinary horse.

Valuist
05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
If you name a horse after yourself, you might be a bit too narcissistic.

Leparoux
05-07-2012, 10:43 PM
He has a screw loose somewhere. I hope he wises up and turns his horse back to a mile or shorter. This horse sure can run, but not at the classic distances.

senortout
05-08-2012, 01:51 AM
Choked down going into the first turn, probably got real sore after that race. He is or was the best pure speed horse in the Derby, and never got a chance to strut his stuff. A huge fear of going to fastnessnessness you get the idead.

Why didn't Bodemeister suffer the same fate? I believe he would have had Hansen been given his head.

To wait for just that one race you really really wanted, that must be frustrating to see that ride.

And people on here were, quite naturally(we've seen it before) making little gibes at M. Smith for causing Bodemeister to fail.....oboy.

Hansen is turned nearly sidewise at one point heading into the first turn, under the stoutest possible restraint. If not mistaken, he finished ninth, amazing considering his ride.

depalma113
05-08-2012, 04:07 AM
The guy wanted to fire his trainer before the Bluegrass for getting rid of the dye in the horse's tail.

He's just another wannabe reality show a$$ clown.

Robert Goren
05-08-2012, 04:23 AM
If you name a horse after yourself, you might be a bit too narcissistic.You think

Robert Fischer
05-08-2012, 12:31 PM
you guys are tough!

The game could use guys like Hansen and Repole.

Understand the purists being turned off.

depalma113
05-08-2012, 06:57 PM
you guys are tough!

The game could use guys like Hansen and Repole.

Understand the purists being turned off.

I can't support a guy who wants to fire his trainer because the stewards were going to scratch the horse because of his circus act.

turninforhome10
05-09-2012, 05:55 PM
The bad boy get dinged again
Name: KENDALL E HANSEN Ruling Date: 5/9/2012
Jurisdiction: Kentucky Racing Commission Facility: CHURCHILL DOWNS
Ruling Number: 12-0048 Ruling Type: Fined
Breed: Thoroughbred Division: Horse
Fine Amount: $ 1000 Fine Paid: Not Reported
Suspension Start: Suspension End:
Ruling Text: KENDALL E HANSEN, AFTER WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO A FORMAL HEARING BEFORE THE BOARD OF STEWARDS THROUGH YOUR COUNSEL, MIKE DOCTROW, YOU ARE HEREBY FINED $1000 FOR FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH 810 KAR 1:009 SECTION 15 1 (E) 810 KAR 1:009 SECTION 15 1(E) SUBSECTION 4(E)

4. The stewards, who shall grant approval if they reasonably determine the material meets the standards in subsections (2)(b) and (3) of this section; and
(e) Written approval required pursuant to subsection (1)(d) of this section is evidenced by completion and return to the commission of the "Request to Wear Advertising and Promotional Materials" form. The form shall be completed and submitted to the stewards not later than 5 p.m. two (2) days prior to the day of the race in which the advertising and promotional materials will be worn. Other forms of approval shall not be accepted by the commission.

(4)(a) The party presenting the advertising or promotional opportunity to the owner and jockey (including without limitation, the owner and jockey) shall disclose in writing all material terms, including financial, regarding the advertising or promotional opportunity to the owner and the jockey;
(b) The division of proceeds from any advertising or promotional material placed in accordance with this administrative regulation shall be subject to agreement between the owner and the jockey;
(c) The agreement between the owner and jockey shall be made in writing on the "Owner/Jockey Advertising and Promotional Materials Agreement" not later than 5 p.m. two (2) days prior to the day of the race in which the advertising and promotional materials will be worn;
(d) Other forms of agreement or contract shall not be used; and
(e) Any party who fails to comply with this or any other provision provided in this administrative regulation may be subject to penalties by the commission in accordance with KRS Chapter 230 and 810 KAR Chapter 1.

I guess when you have money, flamboyance and advertising cost the same.

Saratoga_Mike
05-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Choked down going into the first turn, probably got real sore after that race. He is or was the best pure speed horse in the Derby, and never got a chance to strut his stuff. A huge fear of going to fastnessnessness you get the idead.

Why didn't Bodemeister suffer the same fate? I believe he would have had Hansen been given his head.

To wait for just that one race you really really wanted, that must be frustrating to see that ride.

And people on here were, quite naturally(we've seen it before) making little gibes at M. Smith for causing Bodemeister to fail.....oboy.

Hansen is turned nearly sidewise at one point heading into the first turn, under the stoutest possible restraint. If not mistaken, he finished ninth, amazing considering his ride.

Choking a horse down doesn't cause lameness.

tbwinner
05-10-2012, 02:06 PM
If you name a horse after yourself, you might be a bit too narcissistic.

Awesome Richie
C Richie Run
Can't Stop Ravin
Lil Richie
My Pal Richie
Neverrguwithrichie
Ravin About Richie
Ravin Maniac
Ravin's Rich Girl
Read Richies Notes
Richie by The Lake
Richie's Hot Girl
Richiegirlgonewild
Richiegirlgotclass
Richiegirlgotgame
Richierisingstar
Richiesthunderingal
Rivrav
Rock On Richie
etc.....

Owned by their namesake Richard Ravin. Anyone who follows the Chicago circuit gets a good laugh outta these.

duncan04
05-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I can't support a guy who wants to fire his trainer because the stewards were going to scratch the horse because of his circus act.

When did he say he wanted to fire his trainer???

Striker
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Awesome Richie
C Richie Run
Can't Stop Ravin
Lil Richie
My Pal Richie
Neverrguwithrichie
Ravin About Richie
Ravin Maniac
Ravin's Rich Girl
Read Richies Notes
Richie by The Lake
Richie's Hot Girl
Richiegirlgonewild
Richiegirlgotclass
Richiegirlgotgame
Richierisingstar
Richiesthunderingal
Rivrav
Rock On Richie
etc.....

Owned by their namesake Richard Ravin. Anyone who follows the Chicago circuit gets a good laugh outta these.
You left about 300 horses off that list.