PDA

View Full Version : Question about Derby winner

jerry-g
05-07-2012, 05:28 AM
I would like to see a section of video I saw after "I'll Have Another" won the race and the jock turned around and was heading towards the grandstands. He was going back up the track and several people rushed out with cameras and video and there were some high fives exchanged. Also, is it normal for a horse to have two grooms? I noticed two pouring water over the horse and wipe it down. I need to see the video again to set my mind free of what I thought I saw the groom do towards the jockey out on the track a little earlier.

Grits
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM
I don't know what your mind needs to be freed of, but if you know so little that you're not aware that, yes, two grooms can attend to a winning stakes horse, then most likely you have much more to learn.

Worse, though, you're being extremely cryptic, which is totally foolish. I find your post unfortunate.

David-LV
05-07-2012, 10:29 AM
I would like to see a section of video I saw after "I'll Have Another" won the race and the jock turned around and was heading towards the grandstands. He was going back up the track and several people rushed out with cameras and video and there were some high fives exchanged. Also, is it normal for a horse to have two grooms? I noticed two pouring water over the horse and wipe it down. I need to see the video again to set my mind free of what I thought I saw the groom do towards the jockey out on the track a little earlier.

Some horses of quality have as many as 3 or 4 different grooms at different times.
What are you suggesting is going on ???????

_________
David-LV

turninforhome10
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM

Your thinking Mario carried a buzzer?

"Look for defect in your own calculating rather than cheating of others".
Pittsburgh Phill

jerry-g
05-07-2012, 01:33 PM
I apologize for my strange message being unclear. I was just curious about the grooms. My main thought was to find out if a video of the entire derby race, start to finish to winners circle was available. I don't suspect anything, just want to review what I thought I saw as the horse was being taken to the grandstands. I should not have bothered this board as most do not spend time once the race is over. I will look at Churchill Downs for a possible video. Thanks for all responses.

Grits
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM
I apologize for my strange message being unclear. I was just curious about the grooms. My main thought was to find out if a video of the entire derby race, start to finish to winners circle was available. I don't suspect anything, just want to review what I thought I saw as the horse was being taken to the grandstands. I should not have bothered this board as most do not spend time once the race is over. I will look at Churchill Downs for a possible video. Thanks for all responses.

I'm sorry, but on this you would, most assuredly, be mistaken. Hopefully, whatever your concern, you'll find your answer in watching the telecast or replay of the race, start to finish with unsaddling and winners' circle celebration included. :ThmbUp:

turninforhome10
05-07-2012, 01:41 PM

Watch the replay on Twinspres they probably have it. They show the horse going back to the winners circle more often than not. The grooms often work as a team in an event like this. A handler, water boy and help in the test barn.

iceknight
05-07-2012, 02:24 PM

I actually thought one groom punched mario after the race, but I guess that's how they did a high five or something!

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2012, 02:37 PM
I actually thought one groom punched mario after the race, but I guess that's how they did a high five or something!
Johnny V went to the whip on Mario during the gallop out.
A groom punches him.
Maybe it's a new Derby thing...win the race, get your ass kicked.

kingfin66
05-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Just like a walk off HR in baseball!

jerry-g
05-07-2012, 04:42 PM

That's it!!! That is what I saw and I was afraid to say it without knowing for sure. It could have been a misplaced high five or means nothing at all. From now on...I saw Nothing......Nothing.....Nothing.:eek:

speed
05-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Johnny V went to the whip on Mario during the gallop out.
A groom punches him.
Maybe it's a new Derby thing...win the race, get your ass kicked.
The kid would never survive winning the Triple Crown.

Robert Fischer
05-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Thought there was something being insinuated in this thread. I'll check back later after dinner.

Cardus
05-07-2012, 07:01 PM

It's OK.

In the future, just be more specific about what you thought you saw, and others will be able to help you confirm or deny your suspicion.

gm10
05-08-2012, 03:22 AM
there was one hi-5 that seemed to annoy the jock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwbRxPrhRfc