PDA

View Full Version : Rivers Downs timer

cj
05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they say, but does anyone believe these times they are posting? The fractions are all over the place and just seem ridiculous to me, and I'm somebody that looks at times all over the country every day.

maddog42
05-06-2012, 10:55 PM
After looking at some of my old pars, they don't seem much different. Always was a slow track with cheap horses.

cj
05-06-2012, 11:00 PM
After looking at some of my old pars, they don't seem much different. Always was a slow track with cheap horses.

You should look again. The first quarters last year were really strange, but they look normal compared to this year. They are posting trotter times, not t-breds, and they aren't very consistent either.

lamboguy
05-06-2012, 11:04 PM
After looking at some of my old pars, they don't seem much different. Always was a slow track with cheap horses.of course it makes a difference. he makes numbers based on the fractional times. if you look at the fractional times in that place it looks like they are just writing any number that they dream of. those times just don't make any sense.

cj
05-06-2012, 11:09 PM
of course it makes a difference. he makes numbers based on the fractional times. if you look at the fractional times in that place it looks like they are just writing any number that they dream of. those times just don't make any sense.

Yes, I should have mentioned it was the fractions especially. There is no way those are accurate clockings from an electronic timer.

lamboguy
05-06-2012, 11:41 PM
i have to be the sickest puppy on the universe. i am taking notes on all the trial races at Los Al this evening. there is a big inside bias on the track tonight. there isn't any stable mail with quarter horses as far as i know since YOUBET got taken over.

Saratoga_Mike
05-07-2012, 12:33 AM
I'm going to call tomorrow and see what they say, but does anyone believe these times they are posting? The fractions are all over the place and just seem ridiculous to me, and I'm somebody that looks at times all over the country every day.

The electronic timer from Gulfstream is on loan to River Downs.

maddog42
05-07-2012, 12:51 AM
River down Fractional times (mainly claimers)
6f
24.61 47.63
24.59 49.31
24.41 47.55
25.05 49.06
24.55 48.46
24.06 47.12

23.50 46.47
23.59 48.21

8f
25.06 49.30
26.02 50.16
26.08 50.62
25.05 50.12
25.39 50.26
26.61 52.13

I am certainly no expert on super cheap fractional times, but there is a little too much spread. Seems fishy. Not crazy differences, but quite a bit. The 2 full second or probably 14 lengths difference on the 4 furlong times
at 6f seems very odd. I took these from dry days, so as not to confuse the issue. Quick and dirty job I did with mainly claiming races. I honestly don't know. Almost 3 seconds difference on 4f times at 8f races.

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 06:07 AM
I would normally say that I would ask them since I'm at the place every week.But they literally won't speak to me.I called and asked if I could talk to new management last September and again in February.Said I was a representative of HANA and wanted to inquire about track changes.No response.I can't even get 20 year old TV's replaced in the upper level of the grandstand near the 16th pole.I wouldn't expect them to do $hit about timers.If you are a beer drunk and like dollar dogs,River Downs is your wet dream!!

sjk
05-07-2012, 06:12 AM
I almost never split sprints and routes but have done so several days this meet when the sprints were clearly much slower. Yesterday's times look suspect but it is not a sprint vs route thing.

Jeff P
05-07-2012, 12:10 PM
I've emailed a link to this thread to a contact I have at Equibase. At the very least, they will have a look and get back to me. Let's see where it leads.

-jp

outofthebox
05-07-2012, 12:28 PM
I've emailed a link to this thread to a contact I have at Equibase. At the very least, they will have a look and get back to me. Let's see where it leads.

-jp

.Shouldn't the equibase rep at RD be noting in the charts that the races are hand timed?

cj
05-07-2012, 12:48 PM
Shouldn't the equibase rep at RD be noting in the charts that the races are hand timed?

You would think so. That is just sad in this day and age. They would be better off printing nothing than that joke data they are posting now.

I have no time to call today, but they race on the 9th and I will then.

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 12:57 PM
You would think so. That is just sad in this day and age. They would be better off printing nothing than that joke data they are posting now.

I have no time to call today, but they race on the 9th and I will then.

And this is after they issued press releases that they spent millions on track improvements.It's beyond hypocrisy.

johnhannibalsmith
05-07-2012, 02:04 PM
Shouldn't the equibase rep at RD be noting in the charts that the races are hand timed?

Are they posting splits to the live feed? If so, it may absolve Equibase if they aren't aware that the teletimer is being operated manually (if that is the case).

cj
05-07-2012, 04:45 PM
I have a good relationship with Equibase and reached out to them first. They will get me an answer soon I am sure.

cj
05-07-2012, 05:13 PM
OK, definitely being looked into. This is outright fraud what is going on now. These times have no basis in reality. I won't let this one die.

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 05:51 PM
OK, definitely being looked into. This is outright fraud what is going on now. These times have no basis in reality. I won't let this one die.

Don't let it die.And if you need me I'll ask them in person.This is my home track.And that goes for anybody.I'm a part of HANA and will represent anybody's request.That's my part.Let me know.

cj
05-07-2012, 06:02 PM
Don't let it die.And if you need me I'll ask them in person.This is my home track.And that goes for anybody.I'm a part of HANA and will represent anybody's request.That's my part.Let me know.

They are pretty much lying to customers. These are races, so you would think getting the time correct would be important. Apparently, at River Downs, it is not.

As I said earlier, it would be more fair to the public to post no times instead of what they are doing now.

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 06:43 PM
They are pretty much lying to customers. These are races, so you would think getting the time correct would be important. Apparently, at River Downs, it is not.

As I said earlier, it would be more fair to the public to post no times instead of what they are doing now.

I'll be down there Friday,if you haven't heard anything by then let me know.I'll email you Thursday night.This place is pis$ing me off so bad it's not funny.I love this track and they just crap all over me.A girl last week even swept up my lens cap to my binoculars.Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh......

duncan04
05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Are they posting splits to the live feed? If so, it may absolve Equibase if they aren't aware that the teletimer is being operated manually (if that is the case).

Yes they are posting the splits to the live feed. Just wondering are they still using a stopwatch?

cj
05-09-2012, 04:44 PM
Apparently, all the past races are going to be re-timed and all data files updated with these new times. Also, times for future races are going to be closely monitored, not just by me.

duncan04
05-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I'll be down there Friday,if you haven't heard anything by then let me know.I'll email you Thursday night.This place is pis$ing me off so bad it's not funny.I love this track and they just crap all over me.A girl last week even swept up my lens cap to my binoculars.Aaaaarrrrggggghhhhhhh......

Haven't been there yet this year. Maybe this weekend, I heard they made all these improvements. Is it noticeable?

sjk
05-09-2012, 04:57 PM
Apparently, all the past races are going to be re-timed and all data files updated with these new times. Also, times for future races are going to be closely monitored, not just by me.

Any info as to when and where will the new times will
be available?

cj
05-09-2012, 05:00 PM
Any info as to when and where will the new times will
be available?

No, but I'll provide updates here. I'm not sure how accurately races can be re-timed, ESPECIALLY the splits, so I'm skeptical for now.

But, like I said, anything is better than what is posted now. Those times are outright fabrications.

Tom
05-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Way to go CJ! :ThmbUp:

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2012, 10:36 PM
... I'm not sure how accurately races can be re-timed, ESPECIALLY the splits, so I'm skeptical for now.

If the video work is decent enough and the person doing the timing is both well acquainted with the configuration and placement of poles, plus willing to invest the time to watch each race a few times and take it seriously - I think a respectable, but imperfect job could be done. In my experience, a track with a pole that marks a split stop located beyond the apex of the turn into the frontside can be tough to gauge from the traditional pan angle (especially if the leader that would trip the timer is rallying outside of horses), but really, someone truly interested in getting it right should be able to handle the assignment if the video work gives him/her a shot at it.

johnhannibalsmith
05-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Yes they are posting the splits to the live feed. Just wondering are they still using a stopwatch?

Some (perhaps most/all) timing systems allow for a manual operation akin to using the system as a stopwatch. It is mainly a diagnostic function, but if it were to be used to "hand time" the races, it would appear on the display as though it were being tele-timed. If EQB was simply pulling splits from the display without being aware of the situation, they'd have little to no idea that the race is being hand-timed. Though, you'd think someone building charts would pick up that the splits are preposterous sooner or later and test the veracity of what they are reporting in the charts using a stopwatch.

cj
05-10-2012, 12:25 AM
If the video work is decent enough and the person doing the timing is both well acquainted with the configuration and placement of poles, plus willing to invest the time to watch each race a few times and take it seriously - I think a respectable, but imperfect job could be done. In my experience, a track with a pole that marks a split stop located beyond the apex of the turn into the frontside can be tough to gauge from the traditional pan angle (especially if the leader that would trip the timer is rallying outside of horses), but really, someone truly interested in getting it right should be able to handle the assignment if the video work gives him/her a shot at it.

What are the chances that a racetrack using antiquated timing equipment would have the necessary video software for this task? I put it at about 1,000,000 to 1.

johnhannibalsmith
05-10-2012, 12:43 AM
What are the chances that a racetrack using antiquated timing equipment would have the necessary video software for this task? I put it at about 1,000,000 to 1.

I'll grant you that... I just watched a few replays on Twinspires and doubt that I would be able to pull it off using that video. The pan shot tightens up too much late in a lot of the races to see the last few poles, but it does look that at least two of them are marked out on the inside rail with black paint. Again, it won't ever be perfect, but if you can operate a watch well and the video doesn't lean on the lead horse's nose (which to its credit doesn't seem to in the races I viewed) so you get an idea of when the pole is about to be crossed - I actually think that someone fairly intimately knowledgable of the track and competent at timing could do a much improved job on what is out there now.

CincyHorseplayer
05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Haven't been there yet this year. Maybe this weekend, I heard they made all these improvements. Is it noticeable?

They put up flat screens on the first floor and put up about half a dozen Belterra sign.No changes made in the clubhouse or to the 2nd level.The same TV's are up there since I got into this game in 1996.To me,players really into the live racing want to be up top with a pair of binoculars.I hate sprinting 100 yards to make bets because there are only 2 machines at the 16th pole upstairs and you sit in silence because the TV sound doesn't work.It seems like a simple request to me,but much like Turfway they ignore me completely.Like I said earlier in here,they are catering to beerdrunks and face stuffers.

cosmo96
05-10-2012, 10:10 PM
I am from Cincinnati. I now live fifty miles away, but I consider Cincinnati my home. I grew up with the Reds and River Downs. My parents placed bets for me when I was twelve years old. It is sad to see what is going on at River Downs. I go to tracks all over North America, and by all standards River Downs cannot come close to them. But, when I return from Saratoga for my weekly visit to River Downs, as Ernie Banks called Wrigley Field the friendly confines, so is River Downs. There is a lot of enthusiasm for horse racing in the Cincinnati area, but as has been said management is trying it's best to ruin it. I wonder if Ohio will ever get slots at the tracks? I hate slots, but maybe it will improve the quality and fields at River Downs.

cj
05-10-2012, 10:21 PM
I hate slots, but maybe it will improve the quality and fields at River Downs.

It hasn't worked in most places, doubt it would work in Cincinnati.

cosmo96
05-10-2012, 10:50 PM
CJ I know and understand your position on slots at the tracks. For the most part I agree with you. I guess it depends on how you play the game. I don't want to lose live racing in Ohio. If we don't get slots it will be gone. Slots have improved fields and purses at many tracks that were losers. For example: Indiana Tracks, PARX,MNR, CT,etc. Slots are not a panacea, but I am not a gloom and doomer. I am hoping for the best.

cj
05-10-2012, 11:01 PM
CJ I know and understand your position on slots at the tracks. For the most part I agree with you. I guess it depends on how you play the game. I don't want to lose live racing in Ohio. If we don't get slots it will be gone. Slots have improved fields and purses at many tracks that were losers. For example: Indiana Tracks, PARX,MNR, CT,etc. Slots are not a panacea, but I am not a gloom and doomer. I am hoping for the best.

I understand. Everybody wants that. Of those you mention though, they haven't improved to the point they could be sustained without slots. You can't make a $50 bet at those places on a longshot without betting against yourself. On top of that, they siphon off horses from the places that people do actually bet.

There are no easy answers. I'd like to see a schedule where most places run a seasonal meet that doesn't conflict with many others. That way everyone can have live racing, and fields can be better everywhere. I just don't think we will ever get that kind of cooperation.

bigmack
05-11-2012, 12:25 AM
Odd to not see the likes of Tiller @ HDW or Schvartzie or Platt press reply on this caper.

Unusual numbers from some rube with a stopwatch and 'gate open click', 'no run erp in mind' can have an eeeeffect on shipers and ee's of formidable(?) twacks like MNR.

If cj, a subpar tennis playa & hack golfer in the middle of OooooK. LaHoma, can blow the lid of this, it will be a proud day for Polish people everywhere.

:cool:

cj
05-11-2012, 12:34 AM
This is what I've been told via Equibase:

"Earlier today we entered corrections for 22 races that were hand timed by the management team at River Downs. These corrected races have been transmitted to data resellers via our data synchronization process. Just as a side note, there was one time that I felt was still questionable, 5/2 race #5, but they timed the race once again today and confirmed the new time.

Hopefully, this problem has been corrected and we will receive reasonable fractional and final times moving forward. Please let me know ASAP if you find anything suspicious."

Once I see the new times I'll check them, and I'll certainly monitor the new ones. It is sad that I had to be the one to point this out. You have to wonder how long it would have continued.

proximity
05-11-2012, 01:24 AM
There are no easy answers. I'd like to see a schedule where most places run a seasonal meet that doesn't conflict with many others. That way everyone can have live racing, and fields can be better everywhere. I just don't think we will ever get that kind of cooperation.

for many of these circuits one thing that may be better than a seasonal meet is some kind of bi or tri-weekly rotation........ week 1 at mth, week 2 at del.... week 1 at prx, week 2 at pen.....week 1 at rd/beu, week 2 at tdn..... week 1 at mnr, week 2 at pid... week 1 at suf, week 2 at fl.... week 1 at pim/lrl, week 2 at ct....

at least for the crowded summer months when everyone wants to run, this doesn't shut any tracks out totally and may be better...

TravisVOX
05-11-2012, 06:50 AM
This is what I've been told via Equibase:

"Earlier today we entered corrections for 22 races that were hand timed by the management team at River Downs. These corrected races have been transmitted to data resellers via our data synchronization process. Just as a side note, there was one time that I felt was still questionable, 5/2 race #5, but they timed the race once again today and confirmed the new time.

Hopefully, this problem has been corrected and we will receive reasonable fractional and final times moving forward. Please let me know ASAP if you find anything suspicious."

Once I see the new times I'll check them, and I'll certainly monitor the new ones. It is sad that I had to be the one to point this out. You have to wonder how long it would have continued.

I wonder how this update works for those who download the chart files from places like Brisnet?

CincyHorseplayer
05-11-2012, 08:17 AM
One thing River Downs could do to increase business is rewrite the condition book.They start writing the loser series of races out of it and better horses would show up.

All having slots would is level the playing field of surrounding states.Many outfits would migrate back to this state.It's not a solution in itself.

The other thing I read in here is not having completely overlapping meets.If the Ohio horses are a group,quit scattering them around consecutively run meets like TDN and RD right now.They could probably race 6 days a week,10 races a day,with nearly full fields were that to happen.

Personally I don't get who the "Target" audience is.I put in a sizable chunk of change down there every summer and I am completely ignored.I just can't believe they think success lies solely in concessions.

cosmo96
05-11-2012, 09:19 AM
I doubt that River Downs management reads this forum. If they do, they pay as much attention as my e-mails I send them. There is a lot of knowledge and opinions that they could benefit from. If anyone from River Downs is reading Pace Advantage let us know. Cincy Player is right it's stupid to run two Ohio tracks at the same time. On occasion all three tracks run at once. Dumb, stupid!

maddog42
05-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Odd to not see the likes of Tiller @ HDW or Schvartzie or Platt press reply on this caper.

Unusual numbers from some rube with a stopwatch and 'gate open click', 'no run erp in mind' can have an eeeeffect on shipers and ee's of formidable(?) twacks like MNR.

If cj, a subpar tennis playa & hack golfer in the middle of OooooK. LaHoma, can blow the lid of this, it will be a proud day for Polish people everywhere.

:cool:
That's MR. hack golfer to you.

cj
05-11-2012, 12:04 PM
I wonder how this update works for those who download the chart files from places like Brisnet?

I'm busy today, but I'll contact BRIS on Monday and see what they say.

Jeff P
05-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Upon seeing this thread, I sent Equibase the following email:
I stumbled across the following thread at paceadvantage.com where timing of races at River Downs is called into question:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93972

As an FYI, the guy posting as CJ is Craig Milkowski. Craig makes is own speed and pace figs and is really good at what he does. Because he's the one questioning the validity of the fractional times I have every reason to believe something really is amiss.
Regards,

Jeff Platt

However, Equibase was already on it having been contacted by CJ.

Ron Tiller at HDW sent me the following email a few hours ago:
Will have all charts remade and a list of changes shortly. Stay tuned.

There's good guys and bad guys at work here:

The good guys?

CJ for catching it and for caring enough to take it upon himself to contact Equibase.

Equibase for listening to the customer, for getting involved, bringing the problem up with track management at River Downs, getting the races retimed, and redistributing revised charts data to the data vendors.

Any data vendor who takes the time to cut new charts and make them available to the customer. (HDW so far. Hopefully, others will follow.)

The bad guys?

River Downs Track Management for allowing erroneous times to be published.

-jp

duncan04
05-11-2012, 01:39 PM
I doubt that River Downs management reads this forum. If they do, they pay as much attention as my e-mails I send them. There is a lot of knowledge and opinions that they could benefit from. If anyone from River Downs is reading Pace Advantage let us know. Cincy Player is right it's stupid to run two Ohio tracks at the same time. On occasion all three tracks run at once. Dumb, stupid!

I liked when they did the 7/7 cards. Now that they go head to head its like they are competing for the Ohio racing dollars. Now that's dumb!!

sjk
05-11-2012, 01:47 PM
The field sizes today make you wonder how they can keep the doors open.

RonTiller
05-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Anybody using HDW files: All RD charts have been remade and can be redownloaded. They were reposted at 1:30pm EDT. If you have any questions about reprocessing the files, I'm sorry I cannot help there. All the individual software vendors will be happy to help you though and they have all been notified.

Here is a list of the changes we received - some changed by as much as 4 seconds. Sigh...

Track,Date,Race,Column_Name,Old_Value,New_Value
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_1,2492,2621
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_2,5124,5019
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_3,11545,11429
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_4,14312,14184
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_3,11429,11482
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_1,2621,2492
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_2,5019,5124
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_3,11482,11545
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_4,14184,14312
RD,2012-05-09,8,winning_time,14641,14753
RD,2012-05-09,8,fraction_1,2621,2562
RD,2012-05-09,8,winning_time,14753,14641
RD,2012-05-09,5,fraction_2,4813,4689
RD,2012-05-09,5,fraction_1,2424,2394
RD,2012-05-09,5,winning_time,11524,11441
RD,2012-05-09,5,fraction_3,10039,10087
RD,2012-05-09,3,fraction_1,2620,2530
RD,2012-05-09,2,fraction_1,2612,2555
RD,2012-05-06,6,fraction_1,2602,2372
RD,2012-05-06,6,fraction_2,5016,4794
RD,2012-05-06,6,fraction_3,11603,11208
RD,2012-05-06,6,winning_time,14426,14177
RD,2012-05-06,6,fraction_4,12963,12684
RD,2012-05-06,1,winning_time,11500,11321
RD,2012-05-06,1,fraction_3,10151,5942
RD,2012-05-06,1,fraction_2,4763,4564
RD,2012-05-06,1,fraction_1,2461,2292
RD,2012-05-05,2,winning_time,11356,11224
RD,2012-05-05,2,fraction_3,5940,5880
RD,2012-05-05,2,fraction_2,4626,4472
RD,2012-05-05,2,fraction_1,2350,2244
RD,2012-05-05,1,winning_time,11463,11338
RD,2012-05-05,1,fraction_2,4653,4503
RD,2012-05-05,1,fraction_1,2358,2289
RD,2012-05-05,1,fraction_3,10045,5928
RD,2012-05-04,4,winning_time,11608,11392
RD,2012-05-04,4,fraction_3,10225,10029
RD,2012-05-04,4,fraction_2,4931,4609
RD,2012-05-04,4,fraction_1,2459,2374
RD,2012-05-03,6,winning_time,11506,11312
RD,2012-05-03,6,fraction_3,10125,5961
RD,2012-05-03,6,fraction_2,4825,4560
RD,2012-05-03,6,fraction_1,2439,2342
RD,2012-05-03,5,fraction_2,4846,4596
RD,2012-05-03,5,fraction_1,2455,2330
RD,2012-05-03,5,fraction_3,10137,5890
RD,2012-05-03,5,winning_time,11356,11190
RD,2012-05-03,3,fraction_3,10219,10023
RD,2012-05-03,3,fraction_2,4906,4658
RD,2012-05-03,3,fraction_1,2505,2382
RD,2012-05-03,3,winning_time,11533,11349
RD,2012-05-03,2,winning_time,11460,11284
RD,2012-05-03,2,fraction_3,10142,5940
RD,2012-05-03,2,fraction_2,4755,4569
RD,2012-05-03,2,fraction_1,2441,2292
RD,2012-05-02,6,fraction_3,10111,5942
RD,2012-05-02,6,fraction_2,4756,4562
RD,2012-05-02,6,winning_time,11548,11259
RD,2012-05-02,6,fraction_1,2439,2290
RD,2012-05-02,5,fraction_3,10104,5863
RD,2012-05-02,5,fraction_2,4712,4439
RD,2012-05-02,5,fraction_1,2406,2263
RD,2012-05-02,5,winning_time,11505,11278
RD,2012-05-02,4,winning_time,11418,11255
RD,2012-05-02,4,fraction_3,10018,5884
RD,2012-05-02,4,fraction_2,4704,4502
RD,2012-05-02,4,fraction_1,2408,2259
RD,2012-05-02,3,winning_time,11537,11338
RD,2012-05-02,3,fraction_3,10150,10023
RD,2012-05-02,3,fraction_2,4826,4592
RD,2012-05-02,3,fraction_1,2429,2293
RD,2012-04-29,7,fraction_1,2511,2281
RD,2012-04-29,7,winning_time,11649,11292
RD,2012-04-29,7,fraction_2,4932,4539
RD,2012-04-29,5,winning_time,11521,11314
RD,2012-04-29,5,fraction_3,10220,5989
RD,2012-04-29,5,fraction_2,4915,4638
RD,2012-04-29,5,fraction_1,2539,2384
RD,2012-04-29,3,winning_time,11533,11365
RD,2012-04-29,3,fraction_3,10151,10034
RD,2012-04-29,3,fraction_2,4816,4613
RD,2012-04-29,3,fraction_1,2418,2323
RD,2012-04-28,7,fraction_3,10163,5981
RD,2012-04-28,7,winning_time,11449,11293
RD,2012-04-28,7,fraction_1,2449,2364
RD,2012-04-28,7,fraction_2,4849,4691
RD,2012-04-28,5,winning_time,11641,11458
RD,2012-04-28,5,fraction_3,10220,10045
RD,2012-04-28,5,fraction_2,4846,4667
RD,2012-04-28,5,fraction_1,2526,2364
RD,2012-04-28,4,fraction_2,5033,4592
RD,2012-04-28,4,fraction_1,2632,2343
RD,2012-04-28,4,winning_time,11617,11234
RD,2012-04-28,4,fraction_3,10303,5978
RD,2012-04-28,3,fraction_2,4917,4651
RD,2012-04-28,3,winning_time,11518,11244
RD,2012-04-28,3,fraction_1,2607,2348
RD,2012-04-28,3,fraction_3,10236,5915
RD,2012-04-27,4,winning_time,10835,10793
RD,2012-04-27,4,fraction_2,4812,4798
RD,2012-04-27,4,fraction_1,2419,2392
RD,2012-04-27,3,fraction_1,2519,2186
RD,2012-04-27,3,fraction_2,4852,4442
RD,2012-04-27,3,winning_time,11620,11235
RD,2012-04-27,3,fraction_3,10227,5801
RD,2012-04-27,2,fraction_3,10403,10149
RD,2012-04-27,2,fraction_2,4957,4660
RD,2012-04-27,2,fraction_1,2525,2323
RD,2012-04-27,2,winning_time,11833,11528
Ron Tiller
HDW

cj
05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Thanks for that Ron. At least if the other companies' files aren't updated, I can do it myself!

sjk
05-11-2012, 02:21 PM
I don't follow. As I read this the first line is a revision of the first fraction of the 8th on 5/9. Then the sixth line appears also to be a revision of the same fraction and the 11th as well??

cj
05-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I don't follow. As I read this the first line is a revision of the first fraction of the 8th on 5/9. Then the sixth line appears also to be a revision of the same fraction and the 11th as well??

It is tough to follow what is going on.

Tom
05-11-2012, 02:47 PM
4 seconds?!

Wow, close counts in horseshoes, but this ain't close!
Thanks for the list Ron, as usual, good job!!

RonTiller
05-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Sorry - I just dumped a log of all the changes we received for RD to a comma delimited file. As often happens, the times on May 9th race 8 were modified several times (sometimes A to B back to A then to C), which is why there are multiple entries for that race.

These are the current times for Race 8 on May 9th:

25.62, 51.24, 115.45, 143.12, 147.53

Ron Tiller
HDW

BillW
05-11-2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks for keeping after this, Ron.

Sorry - I just dumped a log of all the changes we received for RD to a comma delimited file. As often happens, the times on May 9th race 8 were modified several times (sometimes A to B back to A then to C), which is why there are multiple entries for that race.

These are the current times for Race 8 on May 9th:

25.62, 51.24, 115.45, 143.12, 147.53

Ron Tiller
HDW

cj
05-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Prairie Meadows appears to be struggling too. I saw some pretty ridiculous times pop up in the charts for Friday's racing, 5-11, and the video shows the timer had some issues. Here is one example:

1st race, 5.5f, cheap maiden claimers:

1/4: 23.31
1/2: 44.74 (2nd Q in 21.43...yeah, right)
F: 107.00

Tom
05-13-2012, 10:42 AM
Really pondering why I play this game anymore.......if they don't care, why should I.

The industry is run by incompetents at every level.

cj
05-14-2012, 02:29 PM
From the best I can make of this, the current corrected times are listed below. Some of the fractions still look questionable, but I guess that is to be expected when timing off of a video.

20120427 2 23.23 46.60 61.49 75.28
20120427 3 21.86 44.42 58.01 72.35
20120427 4 23.92 47.98 67.93
20120428 3 23.48 46.52 59.15 72.44
20120428 4 23.43 45.92 59.78 72.34
20120428 5 23.64 46.67 60.45 74.58
20120428 7 23.64 46.91 59.81 72.93
20120429 3 23.23 46.13 60.34 73.65
20120429 5 23.84 46.38 59.89 73.14
20120429 7 22.81 45.39 72.92
20120502 3 22.93 45.92 60.23 73.38
20120502 4 22.59 45.02 58.84 72.55
20120502 5 22.63 44.39 58.63 72.78
20120502 6 22.90 45.62 59.42 72.59
20120503 2 22.92 45.69 59.40 72.84
20120503 3 23.82 46.58 60.23 73.49
20120503 5 23.30 45.96 58.90 71.90
20120503 6 23.42 45.60 59.61 73.12
20120504 4 23.74 46.09 60.29 73.92
20120505 1 22.89 45.03 59.28 73.38
20120505 2 22.44 44.72 58.80 72.24
20120506 1 22.92 45.64 59.42 73.21
20120506 6 23.72 47.94 72.08 86.84 101.77
20120509 2 25.55
20120509 3 25.30
20120509 5 23.94 46.89 60.87 74.41
20120509 8 25.62 51.24 75.45 103.12 107.53

cj
05-15-2012, 10:32 AM
Looking at the races from Sunday, I am 100% certain these times are not correct. The final times are OK, but the fractions are a joke.