PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the decade

Scofield
05-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Shivananda Parbhoo, owner of Trinniberg, said his horse “couldn’t get the distance.”

Tom
05-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Lucky he made the walk over! :D

duncan04
05-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Shivananda Parbhoo, owner of Trinniberg, said his horse “couldn’t get the distance.”

:eek: Woah what a shocker!

sandpit
05-06-2012, 11:24 PM
Here's what the trainer said afterwards (and in the immortal words of Dave Barry, I swear I'm not making this up):

“The jockey said he didn’t like the going. He likes an easier going.”

Pine Tree Lane
05-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Here's what the trainer said afterwards (and in the immortal words of Dave Barry, I swear I'm not making this up):

“The jockey said he didn’t like the going. He likes an easier going.”

Yep.....3 furlongs easier.

Beachbabe
05-07-2012, 02:06 PM
How about Hansen's owner, "He had a bad start, got pinched back and had nowhere to go the first time through the stretch. That took a lot of him. He got a lot of dirt kicked in his face."

As opposed to Hansen's jockey & trainer:

"He ran well. We didn't have any excuse. He was a little bit eager in the first part of the race as I suspected he would be. After the first three-sixteenths of a mile, he came back to me beautifully and we sitting in a good spot. He didn't finish as good we would have liked. Today it appeared it was a little too far."

—jockey Ramon Dominguez on Hansen, who wound up ninth

"We didn't have the best horse. Ramon had him in a great spot and he had every chance if we were good enough. We weren't good enough. Turning for home it looked like we were in a good spot but couldn't make up any ground at the eighth-pole said 'I've had enough.'"

—trainer Mike Maker on Hansen

northerndancer
05-07-2012, 03:42 PM
The owner of Trinniberg should be made to run double what he is able to run. The horse was in the derby just to allow the owner to be in the derby and his wife to wear a big hat.

I know I am going to hear it is his horse he can do what he wants..... his horse had enough earnings blah blah blah blah blah.... I am tired of owners thinking that they know what is best for their horses. I expect my trainers to tell me where they think the horses should be entered. If multiple spots exist then and only then should I (or any owner) get involved in the decision.

These animals are not machines you have to treat them right. You can not run this horse 10.0f when the horse has never run over 7.0f. What about the multiple lead changes the horse has never experienced before.... they may have ruined this horse with this birdbrain stunt.

CryingForTheHorses
05-07-2012, 07:32 PM
The owner of Trinniberg should be made to run double what he is able to run. The horse was in the derby just to allow the owner to be in the derby and his wife to wear a big hat.

I know I am going to hear it is his horse he can do what he wants..... his horse had enough earnings blah blah blah blah blah.... I am tired of owners thinking that they know what is best for their horses. I expect my trainers to tell me where they think the horses should be entered. If multiple spots exist then and only then should I (or any owner) get involved in the decision.

These animals are not machines you have to treat them right. You can not run this horse 10.0f when the horse has never run over 7.0f. What about the multiple lead changes the horse has never experienced before.... they may have ruined this horse with this birdbrain stunt.

Great namesake you have chosen sir..The Dancer will always be my boyhood idol of racehorses and stallions .I agree with what you are saying. Why run a horse in this race just so you can say you were in the Kentucky Derby..Why not stay in your backyard and let him look great there. Granted strange things happen in horseracing, I feel this horse was way overclassed and yes you are right in saying too many lead changes may have hurt him and confused him greatly..Have you ever noticed how a 1 turn mile will ruin a 3/4 sprinter? How a 1 turn mile will confuse the heck out of a horse that is used to going 2 turns.This horse was cooked by the time they got to the 1/2 pole and was greatly overmatched in the stretch drive as he had nothing left.Yes it would have been nice to win but take a horse that has a chance at the distance not because he has the earnings.

wonatthewire1
05-07-2012, 07:42 PM

it is a father/son operation - dad's horse, son is the trainer
:rolleyes:

detective
05-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Classic!

Dahoss9698
05-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Great namesake you have chosen sir..The Dancer will always be my boyhood idol of racehorses and stallions .I agree with what you are saying. Why run a horse in this race just so you can say you were in the Kentucky Derby..Why not stay in your backyard and let him look great there. Granted strange things happen in horseracing, I feel this horse was way overclassed and yes you are right in saying too many lead changes may have hurt him and confused him greatly..Have you ever noticed how a 1 turn mile will ruin a 3/4 sprinter? How a 1 turn mile will confuse the heck out of a horse that is used to going 2 turns.This horse was cooked by the time they got to the 1/2 pole and was greatly overmatched in the stretch drive as he had nothing left.Yes it would have been nice to win but take a horse that has a chance at the distance not because he has the earnings.

I agree with everything you say here, but it begs the question....didn't you defend the running of Rick's Natural Star in the BC Turf in 1996? What is the real difference here, except that Trinniberg was a thousand times more qualified to run in the Derby than Rick's Natural Star was in the Breeders Cup?

the little guy
05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
I agree with everything you say here, but it begs the question....didn't you defend the running of Rick's Natural Star in the BC Turf in 1996? What is the real difference here, except that Trinniberg was a thousand times more qualified to run in the Derby than Rick's Natural Star was in the Breeders Cup?

Really? I agree with almost nothing he is saying. Considering how much money we have made over the years betting turnbacks, I beg to differ with much of his comments.

Dan Montilion
05-08-2012, 10:43 AM
In actuality Trinniberg needs more distance..... Kentucky to Calder!!!!!

Dahoss9698
05-08-2012, 11:36 AM
Really? I agree with almost nothing he is saying. Considering how much money we have made over the years betting turnbacks, I beg to differ with much of his comments.

In my defense I failed to read past the outclassed part. Obviously I disagree with the turnback part of it.

CryingForTheHorses
05-09-2012, 07:32 PM

Dont understand what you are saying...Im not talking about turnbacks..I was refering to a 1 turn mile confusing a sprinter and also confusing a horse that is used to going 2 turns.Am I not allowed my opinion like you?.

CryingForTheHorses
05-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Yes I did defend the running of Rick but in a way it was different setting..Yes the horse was outclassed but the man paid his money to run..He didnt have to have his horse earn a spot..

the little guy
05-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Yes I did defend the running of Rick but in a way it was different setting..Yes the horse was outclassed but the man paid his money to run..He didnt have to have his horse earn a spot..

So, according to you, an owner is wrong to pay his money to enter a horse that has earned the right to run, but right to pay his money for a horse that hasn't earned it's way in.

Makes sense.

PaceAdvantage
05-10-2012, 09:17 AM
Am I not allowed my opinion like you?.He never stated you weren't allowed an opinion. He was simply disagreeing with your opinion.

thespaah
05-10-2012, 08:38 PM
I find myself scratching my head at the notion of people getting so bloody defensive when someone disagrees with their point of view.

CryingForTheHorses
05-11-2012, 11:02 AM
So, according to you, an owner is wrong to pay his money to enter a horse that has earned the right to run, but right to pay his money for a horse that hasn't earned it's way in.

Makes sense.

A owner has a right to run when he has to pay his money and yes he also has a right to run when the horse has earned his way into a race.