PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Churchill got soaked

JustRalph
05-05-2012, 05:14 AM
http://www.justralph.com/storage/cdx_got_wet.jpg

Soaked is a relative term. Anybody local to the track can tell us how wet?

CincyHorseplayer
05-05-2012, 06:03 AM
I just got up and can't find any working webcams arounf Louisville.It's supposed to taper off by 7 but it's been covered in red and yellow for over an hour???

Bubbles
05-05-2012, 08:19 AM
Word is over an inch of rain, and sloppy/soft conditions to start the day. If it stays that way, it's great news for El Padrino, who suddenly becomes a contender at a juicy price.

KingChas
05-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Track Maintenance

Time of Report: Saturday, May 5, 2012 (Kentucky Derby Day - Day 6 of 39) - 7:30 a.m. ET

What is the condition of the main track? Sloppy

What is the condition of the Matt Winn Turf Course? Good

Where is the temporary rail set on the turf course today? Rail 1 on the hedge

What maintenance was done to the main track following morning training? Note: Training from 6-8 a.m. on Kentucky Derby Day was cancelled primarily due to lightning in the area. Severe overnight thunderstorms from approximately 1:30 a.m. to daybreak produced at least 1 1/4 inches of rainfall, according to Butch Lehr, Vice President, Track. Lehr and his team graded and sealed the track prior to the storm's arrival. He plans to harrow and float the track in the morning to continue to weave the moisture to the top.

What is the National Weather Service Forecast?

Today (Kentucky Derby Day): Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 85. West wind between 3 and 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Partly cloudy, with a low around 66. Light east wind. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

speed
05-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Yes track is sloppy this morning but with no further rain will possibly be fast by mid afternoon. Outstanding track crew and a track that always dries out quickly. GL All

Valuist
05-05-2012, 08:43 AM
What a joke they are calling the turf "good". I can't ever remember Churchill calling the turf condition yielding or soft. I'm sure its happened but seems like after torrential rains they never downgrade it lower than "good". I'm sure they will give some company line that the course drains unusually good.

KingChas
05-05-2012, 08:52 AM
What a joke they are calling the turf "good".

I guess they mean good enough, not going to take the races "off the turf". ;)

depalma113
05-05-2012, 08:53 AM
Yes track is sloppy this morning but with no further rain will possibly be fast by mid afternoon. Outstanding track crew and a track that always dries out quickly. GL All

The center of the track dries out. The rail will remain heavy. Breeders Cup 2011 all over again.

Tom
05-05-2012, 09:59 AM
What a joke they are calling the turf "good".

What happened is that after severe rain, lightning, and high winds last night, when the track super got there this morning, he asked the grounds crew if the turf course was still there. They said yes, and he said............wait for it.......... GOOD! :D

turninforhome10
05-05-2012, 10:19 AM
What happened is that after severe rain, lightning, and high winds last night, when the track super got there this morning, he asked the grounds crew if the turf course was still there. They said yes, and he said............wait for it.......... GOOD! :D

That is some funny stuff :lol:

KingChas
05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
1st race last to first.
No water on track looks like hard sand/clay.

Upgraded to muddy for 2nd race.

KingChas
05-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Surprised they showed the 2nd race on NBCSP...... :eek:

Beachbabe
05-05-2012, 11:13 AM
Track listed as FAST, now.