PDA

View Full Version : Occupy guys going to blow da bridge

JustRalph
05-05-2012, 04:43 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/04/ohio-bridge-bomb-plot-hatched-by-occupiers/?test=latestnews

It's been a couple of days and i guess our occupy sympathyzers arent going to mention it......but now that a couple of their homies have strapped what they thought were bombs to a commuter bridge, and tried to set the bombs off, i thought i would post the story.. You know, just in case there is a tea party story out there that finds a tea party group willing to kill people........tit for tat they say, right?

http://a57.foxnews.com/img.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/660/371/Cleveland%20Arrests_high%20level%20bridge.jpg

Tom
05-05-2012, 10:06 AM
These are Obama's peeps.
Her endorses what they do.
He is their enabler.

BlueShoe
05-05-2012, 12:34 PM
But of course. Since their inception have said that the Occupier marches, demontrations, and bad deeds were really, for all practical purposes, campaign rallies for Barack Obama. :rolleyes:

Mike at A+
05-06-2012, 12:59 PM
These are Obama's peeps.
Her endorses what they do.
He is their enabler.
Or as Airhead Pelosi would say, "God bless them"!

JustRalph
11-30-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2012/11/30/failed-bomb-plotter-given-6-years.html

Do not pass go.

Occupy a cell

Robert Goren
11-30-2012, 08:23 PM
Left wing nuts try to blow up bridges. Right wing nuts go into houses of worship and open fire. Pick your poison.

JustRalph
11-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Left wing nuts try to blow up bridges. Right wing nuts go into houses of worship and open fire. Pick your poison.

And where did the "right wing nut" shoot up a church?

johnhannibalsmith
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM

Going out on a limb to guess that he's drawing on Wade Michael Page because of the fact that he was a white supremacist... and though I don't ever remember reading anything about his politics, most people just assume that anybody that is racist, particularly ex-military, must be a "right-winger" politically.

Tom
11-30-2012, 10:23 PM

In his mind?

hcap
12-01-2012, 03:04 AM
https://www.commondreams.org/headline/2012/03/08

Rightwing Hate Groups in US on the Rise: Report

Fueled by superheated fears generated by economic dislocation, a proliferation of demonizing conspiracy theories, and the reality of an African-American president in Barack Obama, radical hates groups and antigovernment groups grew explosively in 2011, according to a new report by the Southern Poverty Law Center. This year's report, The Year in Hate and Extremism (pdf), follows past work where the SPLC catalogs the number of 'hate groups' and other radical rightwing movements in the US and gauges their motivations and the size of their membership.

"The SPLC counted 1,018 hate groups operating the United States last year, up from 1,002 in 2010. That was the latest in a string of annual increases going all the way back to 2000, when there were 602 hate groups," reads the report. Exploiting the issue of "non-white immigration" by such groups was cited as the driving force behind such growth.

The most stunning growth among all groups came among the rightwing anti-government "Patriot" groups, which the report classifies as those groups which perceive the "federal government as their primary enemy." The "Patriot" groups grew from 149 groups in 2008, skyrocketed to 512 in 2009, jumped to 824 in 2010, and last year continued to surge to 1,274. That's a 755% growth spurt in just three years.

"The increase has just been astounding," Mark Potok, editor-in-chief of the SPLC report, told the Murrow News Service. "The reality is that many of these groups are becoming more and more fearful that Barack Obama will win the re-election. You can see the anger rising along with that fear."

And the New York Times reports:

The far-right patriot movement gained steam in 1994 after the government used violence to shut down groups at Ruby Ridge, Idaho, and Waco, Tex. It peaked after the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing and began to fade. Its rise began anew in 2008, after the election of Mr. Obama and the beginning of the recession.

There have been declines in some hate groups, including native extremist groups like the Militiamen, which focused on illegal immigration. Chapters of the Ku Klux Klan fell to 152, from 221.

Among the states with the most active hate groups were California, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey and New York. The federal government does not focus on groups that engage in hate-based speech, but rather monitors paramilitary groups and others that have shown some indication of violence, said Daryl Johnson, a former senior domestic terrorism analyst for the Department of Homeland Security.

.................................................. ......

Speaking of Homeland Security.

http://www.fas.org/irp/eprint/rightwing.pdf

Scope
(U//FOUO) This product is one of a series of intelligence assessments published by the Extremism and Radicalization Branch to facilitate a greater understanding of the phenomenon of violent radicalization in the United States. The information is provided to federal, state, local, and tribal counterterrorism and law enforcement officials so they may effectively deter, prevent, preempt, or respond to terrorist attacks against the United States. Federal efforts to influence domestic public opinion must be conducted in an overt and transparent manner, clearly identifying United States Government sponsorship.

(U//FOUO) Rightwing Extremism: Current
Economic and Political Climate Fueling
Resurgence in Radicalization and Recruitment

U) Key Findings
(U//LES) The DHS/Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) has no specific
information that domestic rightwing* terrorists are currently planning acts of violence, but rightwing extremists may be gaining new recruits by playing on their fears about several emergent issues. The economic downturn and the election of the first African American president present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment.

Economic and Political Climate
(U//FOUO) DHS/I&A assesses that a number of economic and political factors are driving a resurgence in rightwing extremist recruitment and radicalization activity.Despite similarities to the climate of the 1990s, the threat posed by lone wolves and small terrorist cells is more pronounced than in past years. In addition, the historical election of an African American president and the prospect of policy changes are proving to be a driving force for rightwing extremist recruitment and radicalization.

HUSKER55
12-01-2012, 11:15 AM
guys and gals, you are getting excited.......I mean...you didn't build it...right?

mostpost
12-01-2012, 01:27 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/04/ohio-bridge-bomb-plot-hatched-by-occupiers/?test=latestnews

It's been a couple of days and i guess our occupy sympathyzers arent going to mention it......but now that a couple of their homies have strapped what they thought were bombs to a commuter bridge, and tried to set the bombs off, i thought i would post the story.. You know, just in case there is a tea party story out there that finds a tea party group willing to kill people........tit for tat they say, right?

http://a57.foxnews.com/img.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/660/371/Cleveland%20Arrests_high%20level%20bridge.jpg

This story says nothing like what you think it does. Fox News is trying to create a controversy where none exists. They never come out and say that Occupy Wall Street is advocating or planning to blow up bridges. They imply that some people who may have attended or passed through an Occupy rally may have planned violence.

Occupy rallies take place on the open streets. No tickets are required. No tests are given. More responsible stories list the men as anarchists and don't even mention Occupy.

Your thinking-if we can consider what you do as thinking-would be like someone attending a Cubs game then robbing a bank. Would you consider that as proof the Cubs were involved in Bank Robbery? Hell, they have trouble stealing a base.

HUSKER55
12-01-2012, 01:49 PM
stealing is wrong and there is no excuse for it :D

hcap
12-01-2012, 01:51 PM
So is gross exaggeration.

Robert Fischer
12-01-2012, 03:55 PM
does anyone even remember this case ?

the whole thing was sad

basically a psychological experiment on some low-lifes

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/occupy-bomb-plot1.jpg

some trained FBI experts targeted the sad lifeforms above in a group-setting and motivated,manipulated, and gave them the means to place a fake bomb on a bridge.

this was a psychological experiment done on these low-lifes.

now.. In some respects that could possibly be justified (although manipulating these sad cases into life imprisonment scenarios is hard to justify, but now we are debating all set-ups stings etc.. / another thread for that)
I mean hey ... If the terrorists had got to these clowns first, didn't the experiment pretty much prove that these sick sheep would fall for and be manipulated to do pretty much anything ?

So what is the solution? No anti-gov't or anti-business rallies or organizing allowed.
It's for our own safety right ?? ;)

then after all the crap i wrote and wrote-about above, you have to ask why is this psychological experiment being sent through the press being presented the way it has?
Is it simple political drivel(and being distorted by groups like fox and cnn for their own benefit), or has the message been purposely crafted?

JustRalph
12-01-2012, 07:43 PM
The bottom line is they were offered an opportunity to blow up a major highway bridge and they took it.

Ask yourself if you would do the same?

Their ties to the occupy movement are real. They re the modern day Bill Ayres of the left. They wanted the same thing Ayres did when he blew up buildings.

Unlike Ayres they were caught before anyone got hurt

PaceAdvantage
12-01-2012, 07:45 PM
They re the modern day Bill Ayres of the left. They wanted the same thing Ayres did when he blew up buildings.

Unlike Ayres they were caught before anyone got hurtPerhaps Obama will pardon them at the end of his presidency? After all, he seems to get along really well with Bill Ayres types...

fast4522
12-01-2012, 07:49 PM
I think the Jpeg is what they deserve.

johnhannibalsmith
12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
I mocked the "Occupy" festivities pretty heavily and have no regrets about doing so. Not the idea of demonstrating and exercising rights that you believe in, but just how it manifested and whatnot.

I really have little to no problem with people having a mini-revolt against the "Wall Street" mentality, but it was obviously a confused little mishmash. But, to have a good "movement" (not the kind you flush), you obviously need people and passion. Unfortunately, the bottom line of "Occupy" was one of anger at status quo, or in a truly general sense, it was basically just an "anti-establishment" freak out.

When your movement is inclusive enough to solicit for anyone "anti-establishment", you're obviously going to get a bunch of chowderheads, and a broad spectrum of sincerity in their willingness to rebel against the establishment.

Basically, as goofy as the "Occupy" shindig stalwarts were, I have a hard time not considering clowns like this as outliers in terms of the overall group. I'm not big on taking the worst of the worst in a group that was probably a little too inclusive in trying to drum up support for what the gist of the actual beef is/was and then using them as the face of the group.

These guys just seem like losers that happened to be a little too anti-establishment and aligned themselves with the rest of the anti-establisment-ites.

Robert Fischer
12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
The bottom line is they were offered an opportunity to blow up a major highway bridge and they took it.

Ask yourself if you would do the same?

Their ties to the occupy movement are real. They re the modern day Bill Ayres of the left. They wanted the same thing Ayres did when he blew up buildings.

Unlike Ayres they were caught before anyone got hurt

Maybe I am totally off on this Ralph.

That crew looks like easy prey for a well laid FBI sting.
I'm not 100% sure they some of them aren't developmentally challenged or mentally ill to begin with, a couple look like methamphetamine addicts, and all look in pretty sad condition.

Even "normal" "well adjusted" people are very susceptible to influence in groups.

I don't know how much influence the FBI group had on the group as a whole. They may have gone so far as to control and influence the entire group dynamic. They may have distributed drugs and fostered a social scene.

Regardless these "bombers" were a pathetic vulnerable group.
Most of them look like they would thoroughly wash your car for a few bucks to buy drugs.

Comparing these losers to the weather underground group or Ayers ... and this isn't meant to be a compliment to Ayers ... but these guys seem like they could be a lackey at best - if they cleaned themselves up first. While my impression of Ayers(and i could be wrong) is that he actually had some initiative and intelligence of his own.

bottom line, they agreed to drive what they thought was a bomb over to the bridge.
Law is the law. It doesn't matter what the pretenses were they agreed to it.
I agree with the law.

I also think it's OK to think outside the media report, and to question if these guys were capable of anything on their own.
At what point does manipulating low-life people with a sting (especially in a group dynamic) become "artificial"?

Tom
12-02-2012, 10:25 AM
Best theses weak mind types get snookered in by cops than terrorists, right?

No sympathy - they are not fit to walk among us.
Execute them and save some money.