PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby 5/5

Figaro
05-05-2012, 12:36 AM
Trying my very best to not play any undercards as I'm aiming to have better money management skills for the full day at the track. LOL I'll be at Woodbine Racetrack for 11am because they are having a free seminar about the Kentucky Derby. Sadly, it takes me 1.5 hours to get to the track using public transit which means I have to leave early in the morning. Now if I wasn't attending this seminar, I'd just be at an OTB to watch the race instead. I'm hyped that is why I'm going to the seminar. :D

Just placed all my bets in advance using HPI so I won't get stressed out fighting for a self-serve terminal at the track with strangers. After my Derby seminar I've got over 6 hours to kill before the big race. I may even leave and walk over to the Woodbine Centre to catch the new movie "The Avengers" which just opened today. I know just how dangerous it is for me if I spend too time there. I start betting like a maniac and get myself in trouble. :ThmbDown:

Anyway, here are my only bets for the day I hope.

Race 11

8 horses $1 exacta box

:4::5::6::8::12::13::14::15:

Win bets

:12::13:

InsideTheRaces.com
05-05-2012, 01:29 AM
Trying my very best to not play any undercards as I'm aiming to have better money management skills for the full day at the track. LOL I'll be at Woodbine Racetrack for 11am because they are having a free seminar about the Kentucky Derby. Sadly, it takes me 1.5 hours to get to the track using public transit which means I have to leave early in the morning. Now if I wasn't attending this seminar, I'd just be at an OTB to watch the race instead. I'm hyped that is why I'm going to the seminar. :D

Just placed all my bets in advance using HPI so I won't get stressed out fighting for a self-serve terminal at the track with strangers. After my Derby seminar I've got over 6 hours to kill before the big race. I may even leave and walk over to the Woodbine Centre to catch the new movie "The Avengers" which just opened today. I know just how dangerous it is for me if I spend too time there. I start betting like a maniac and get myself in trouble. :ThmbDown:

Anyway, here are my only bets for the day I hope.

Race 11

8 horses $1 exacta box

:4::5::6::8::12::13::14::15:

Win bets

:12::13:

That bet will cost you $336
The median $1 exacta payoff over the last 10 years is $120.50

Highest $1 exacta last 10 years $4400 with a 50-1 shot on top
Lowest $1 exacta last 10 years $32.50

I guess you could get lucky but I'd advise cancel this bet and save your money for a better bet. Overtime this type of bet just won't return a positive ROI.

Maybe take your top three over the other eight which will cost $126
You then have a better chance of covering your costs.

It's the derby and anything can happen but I don't see anyway you will make money with a 8 horse box

Now that I've said this this Derby will be the largest exacta payoff ever! :ThmbUp::jump:

Figaro
05-05-2012, 01:48 AM
That bet will cost you $336
The median $1 exacta payoff over the last 10 years is $120.50

Highest $1 exacta last 10 years $4400 with a 50-1 shot on top
Lowest $1 exacta last 10 years $32.50

I guess you could get lucky but I'd advise cancel this bet and save your money for a better bet. Overtime this type of bet just won't return a positive ROI.

Maybe take your top three over the other eight which will cost $126
You then have a better chance of covering your costs.

It's the derby and anything can happen but I don't see anyway you will make money with a 8 horse box

Now that I've said this this Derby will be the largest exacta payoff ever! :ThmbUp::jump:

Please recheck your math.

My $1 exacta for 8 horses only cost $56. ;)

edit: you must have been mistaken and thought I wanted to play 8 horses trifecta instead for $336.