PDA

View Full Version : Andy Beyer's Derby Picks

MNslappy
05-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Beyer: Bodemeister over Daddy Nose Best in cold exacta

http://www.drf.com/news/beyer-bodemeister-over-daddy-nose-best-cold-exacta

precocity
05-04-2012, 03:28 PM
look at the comments people are leaving my favorite.
What a shocker....Beyer endorses the horses who have the two highest last race "Beyer" speed figures to run one-two....Shameless self promotion and zero imagination
:lol:

School of Forego
05-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Andy must have friends, someone deleted me because I laughed. Touchy touchy:lol:

ArlJim78
05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
Andy must have friends, someone deleted me because I laughed. Touchy touchy:lol:
we're all laughing everytime you post.

to borrow your favorite expression, Beyer forgot more than you'll ever know about horse racing.

pondman
05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
As the king of antI-ratings ranting, I'll bow to him on this one. Nothing's going to be close to bodemeister. It's been years since we've seen this caliber.

calltopost
05-04-2012, 04:39 PM
As the king of antI-ratings ranting, I'll bow to him on this one. Nothing's going to be close to bodemeister. It's been years since we've seen this caliber.

Didn't he beat a weak field though? Where was that giant kick when he got beat by CC?

I am not anti-Bode, just trying to figure it out.

Don't you see him as a candidate to bounce?

Do you see him wiring this field or will he be passing horses?

School of Forego
05-04-2012, 04:58 PM
ArlJim, we'll see who's laughing tommorow. BTW, Andy couldn't carry my Telly but I might let him fetch coffee for me and get scratches and updates.:cool:

Tom
05-04-2012, 05:43 PM
Flat bet profit betting Beyer's numbers in the Derby.

GaryG
05-04-2012, 05:59 PM
I agree with Andy on this one. I am making a strong win bet on Bode and a saver win bet on DNB. Bode is the only one with a chance to be great. Far from it now of course, but he could be. I have seen horses with Gemologist's stride before (Pamplemousse) and predict a short career and quick trip to stud for him.

Tom
05-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Baffert is pushing Bode hard.
This horse might be better than he looks.

I gotta give him a long hard look....I didn't really like him all that much, given the running style and his lack of foundation.

Tough race.

cj
05-04-2012, 06:19 PM

Long standing policy, all emoticon only posts are deleted. Stop acting like an ass.

School of Forego
05-04-2012, 06:21 PM
Shouldn't a mod respond privately? Not very professional. How am I an ass for laughing when others have done the same?

cj
05-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Shouldn't a mod respond privately? Not very professional. How am I an ass for laughing when others have done the same?

Why would I respond privately to a public statement? Professional? You are one to talk. The "ass" comment was for your general behavior since you appeared under your new moniker, though it is a lot like your old, so no surprise. It had nothing to do with any specific post.

School of Forego
05-04-2012, 06:32 PM
I wrote you a message moron. I have no new moniker either. I have no old one douchbag. ( that word was used on me and allowed to stay up so no problems, right?). Enough with all the conspiracy theories. I am School of Forego putz and nobody else. Read your mail and try to act like a mod instead of amatuer hour.

cj
05-04-2012, 06:42 PM
I wrote you a message moron. I have no new moniker either. I have no old one douchbag. ( that word was used on me and allowed to stay up so no problems, right?). Enough with all the conspiracy theories. I am School of Forego putz and nobody else. Read your mail and try to act like a mod instead of amatuer hour.

Maybe, but the "Go f*** yourself" PMs say enough about you. I can help you with your spelling if you like, seems you are struggling.

headhawg
05-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I am School of Forego putzYes, yes you are.

sovereign
05-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes, yes you are.
+1 :lol:

JustRalph
05-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Maybe, but the "Go f*** yourself" PMs say enough about you. I can help you with your spelling if you like, seems you are struggling.

out him....... who was he before? I have been trying to figure it out.......

cj
05-04-2012, 07:05 PM
out him....... who was he before? I have been trying to figure it out.......

I haven't put in the research, too busy. I'm 99.9999% sure he is a retread though. How many new posters come in and act like he does?

sovereign
05-04-2012, 07:05 PM

Looks like someone lost their cool. Nice going, putz.:)

cj
05-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Apparently, he wants to fight me too at Saratoga. Anybody want to take odds on him showing up? Who knew closing a thread and deleting an emoticon only post could be so dangerous?

BetHorses!
05-04-2012, 07:31 PM
Apparently, he wants to fight me too at Saratoga. Anybody want to take odds on him showing up? Who knew closing a thread and deleting an emoticon only post could be so dangerous?

hahahaha

No show -300

cj
05-04-2012, 07:47 PM
For the record, after being told to "Go f*** myself" for deleting an emoticon only post and closing a thread that can be re-opened by PA anytime, I did tell SOF I'd be in the PA tent at Saratoga, come tell me in person. Nothing more. I have better things to do than deal with internet trolls.

MNslappy
05-04-2012, 07:52 PM
CJ, when you're done having to delete idiotic threads that have nothing to do with the Derby....

What does the half mile go in tomorrow? 46 and under, pace meltdown scenario, winner comes from way back, or over 46, pace trackers and mid packers have a good shot...what do you think?

Greyfox
05-04-2012, 07:53 PM
For the record, after being told to "Go f*** myself" for deleting an emoticon only post and closing a thread that can be re-opened by PA anytime, I did tell SOF I'd be in the PA tent at Saratoga, come tell me in person. Nothing more. I have better things to do than deal with internet trolls.

If SOF's public comments pass muster here, my understanding of the T.O.S. is sadly out of whack. If he has made threats of violence in the PM, that is also well out of the limits of civility that should be tolerated here.
In a post that was just deleted
He's just invited "Adrian" out as well.

Previous posts have violated:

"Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board."

"Again...No bashing."

"Private Messaging is a privilege. Please report any misuse"

Bill Cullen
05-04-2012, 07:54 PM
Bodemeister is quite beatable for several reasons:

1) The class level of his last two races as measured by ths Brisnet RR class rating (the average class of the field) is one to two notches below a number of the other major contenders.

2) For all of his four races, only one pace call out of the eight paces calls (considering the first and second pace calls) was above par and that was just one point above par. All the other 7 pace calls were below par with a median rating of minus 6.5.

3) What makes folks think that Bodemesiter can rate? His only two wins were when he was on the lead at the first call.

4) Trinninberg and Hansen are going to run Bodemeister's ass off.

5) And in terms of a significantly large sample in both the number of horses involved and the number of years that have gone by, the no-races-as-a- two-year-old looms large.

Andy Beyer may still be right: but his analysis is incomplete IMHO.

Good Luck to all!

Bill C

cj
05-04-2012, 07:54 PM
We'll see after scratches, but I would imagine pretty damn quick. You always hear how others jockeys will just ignore horses like Trinniberg and run their own race, but it rarely works that way.

cj
05-04-2012, 07:57 PM
If SOF's public comments pass muster here, my understanding of the T.O.S. is sadly out of whack. If he has made threats of violence in the PM, that is also well out of the limits of civility that should be tolerated here.
In a post that was just deleted
He's just invited "Adrian" out as well.

Previous posts have violated:

"Civil conduct is a primary requirement for participation on the PaceAdvantage.Com Discussion Board."

"Again...No bashing."

"Private Messaging is a privilege. Please report any misuse"

I'm sure PA will handle it, but that is above my pay grade. I like watching the trolls meltdown anyway. I'll stop reading his PMs now, he'll love that.

CincyHorseplayer
05-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I'm sure PA will handle it, but that is above my pay grade. I like watching the trolls meltdown anyway. I'll stop reading his PMs now, he'll love that.

You have to have somebody to amuse you and to abuse:cool:

calltopost
05-04-2012, 08:04 PM
SOF - no one is really worried about it. CJ is not wrong - mods gonna mod.

So now it's been a while since you made a real contribution and I am still open to your ideas on the big race. Please try to share your thoughts without undermining anyone else in the process and we can all benefit from it.

EDIT - For two points, did they tell you the origin of the phrase "pari mutuel" at the SOF..?

upthecreek
05-05-2012, 06:30 AM

No racing as a 2yo does him in:
The last unraced 2YO to win the Derby was in 1882. Since 1955, horses that
have not started as a 2YO are 0-for-46 in the Derby, in fact, not one of
them even ran second! Notable failures include the mighty Forego, Air
Forbes Won, the favorite in 1982 who finished seventh, Pulpit, Curlin and
Dunkirk. These horses are too green to win a big Grade 1 stakes with such a
large field.

I dont think he's any Forego or Curlin

woodtoo
05-05-2012, 08:51 AM
So it seems that School of Forego has been scratched on the eve of the Derby.Heartless I say,heartless.I for one appreciated his zeal and
stickittoititness,others it seems were rubbed the wrong way by these traits.

Ya brought a lot to the table old feller.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:

maddog42
05-05-2012, 08:56 AM
I would offer to make book and take bets on pre fight action, but he will never show. Sure are a lot of badasses online, but they rarely are anything but blowhards.

depalma113
05-05-2012, 09:04 AM
I dont think he's any Forego or Curlin

You're right, he's better.

At least at this stage of their lives.

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2012, 09:19 AM
So it seems that School of Forego has been scratched on the eve of the Derby.Heartless I say,heartless.I for one appreciated his zeal and
stickittoititness,others it seems were rubbed the wrong way by these traits.

Ya brought a lot to the table old feller.:ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp::ThmbUp:It's good to know you endorse the calling of other board members vile and bigoted names. I'll keep that in mind.

woodtoo
05-05-2012, 09:24 AM
I did not see these vile posts, was referring to his Gemologist type posts.

Keep this in mind also.

Figaro
05-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Already posted this on another just because I'm fuming after today's race.

I will never take Andrew Beyer serious ever again after this cocky and bold statement about IHA.

I hope Bodemeister has such talent that he can withstand a hot pace but that the other quick horses aren’t good enough to do so, and in playing trifectas and superfectas I’ll throw out all of them. Hansen won’t be on any of my tickets, nor will Gemologist, I’ll Have Another, or Take Charge Indy — all of them winners of Grade 1 races.

I am so pissed not including him on any of my friggin' tickets. :mad:

PaceAdvantage
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM
Already posted this on another just because I'm fuming after today's race.

I will never take Andrew Beyer serious ever again after this cocky and bold statement about IHA.

I hope Bodemeister has such talent that he can withstand a hot pace but that the other quick horses aren’t good enough to do so, and in playing trifectas and superfectas I’ll throw out all of them. Hansen won’t be on any of my tickets, nor will Gemologist, I’ll Have Another, or Take Charge Indy — all of them winners of Grade 1 races.

I am so pissed not including him on any of my friggin' tickets. :mad:Actually, his advice was pretty darn good, with the exception of I'll Have Another...lots of people liked Hansen and Gemologist and Take Charge Indy...and they all bombed...

PhantomOnTour
05-05-2012, 11:33 PM
About the only thing i got right regarding the debry was the final time. In the Chat Room today i guessed 2:01.86...final time was 2:01.83.

For that i won absolutely nada.

upthecreek
05-06-2012, 05:58 AM
You're right, he's better.

At least at this stage of their lives.

Obviously-NOT
But I didnt have the winner either-I bet Dullahan

Tom
05-06-2012, 11:40 AM
About the only thing i got right regarding the debry was the final time. In the Chat Room today i guessed 2:01.86...final time was 2:01.83.

For that i won absolutely nada.

I was there. It's true!

Next year, try harder! :lol:

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 08:29 AM
For a race you know you are going to bet and should bet because of the huge pool you have to take a stand against a lot of the horses.I did.Beyer did.A lot of people on here did.Unless you reign in the world of the opinionless you probably did too!I don't get the hate on Andy,he's only a revolutionary,a good player,writes great books,and is a genuine all out horseplayer from stakes to cheap claimers.I get sick of the target mentality.

Skanoochies
05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
For a race you know you are going to bet and should bet because of the huge pool you have to take a stand against a lot of the horses.I did.Beyer did.A lot of people on here did.Unless you reign in the world of the opinionless you probably did too!I don't get the hate on Andy,he's only a revolutionary,a good player,writes great books,and is a genuine all out horseplayer from stakes to cheap claimers.I get sick of the target mentality.
Good post. I agree. :ThmbUp: