PDA

View Full Version : The Big p A.

Suff
01-01-2004, 09:50 PM
PA... remember this?

You gotta be on Heroin not to like this Horse! Am I right? or am I right! LOL...

Another great day for us over at the BIG A Today.

We had a couple of tables.. Nice spot.. High up in the balcony of the equestrian...few feet in front of the Finish line..

Winamanwin was KILLING them all day.. two winners and the early double.. couple of chip shots in the middle races,, Then a few more winners.. late pik3...alive to 4 horses (full ticket) in the pik4 and got beat bad by that $46.00 horse in the Finale. Winny was strutting his stuff today...

Of course CJ and his crowd made money all day... My Table was cold...

Nice day.. They had a Breakfast Buffet when we first landed and then they switched to Prime Rib, Chicken and Fish.. Cakes and Pies. Food was delicious... had 10 of us total..

Great Time, Great People, Great Track, Great Races... New York Racing.. The best on the planet Baby! They treated us great!
We ran into a few friends of ours from Saratoga.. One of them spotted me and took me up to the PLACE CALLERS box for a race.
First time experience for me.. they had a few minutes and they walked me through the entire Placing process.. Including, Procedures for Photo's, Obj, InQ's, Steward and Tote dept officializing procedures... They walked me through the whole thing..

Then I watched them do a race... and there was a PHOTO for 2nd....so I went to the Screen with them to make the call.. (on the way I nudged one of them and said "who'd you bet?"! LMAO!) And I watched how they set the Photo and bring the Finish line into it.. One guy makes the call,... The other two Concur....its Like RED OCTOBER! Pretty Neat!

Another Great time for the PA crowd!

WINMANWIN
01-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Another Great time for the PA crowd!

WIN LOSE OR DRAW, I agree wholeheartedly, I enjoyed
everyones company. Just wish we could do it more often ;)
Again, Thanks Mike, and Thank you C.J. and Justin.
:)

Buddha
01-02-2004, 09:46 AM
I just wish that I could have made it. Sounds like it was a blast. If you are ever going to the big A or Belmont before Saratoga Suff, let me know, and I will try to get there :)

Yesterday just ended up being a bad day.

cj
01-02-2004, 12:56 PM
Had a great time, and hope to see everyone at Saratoga. We may not be invited back to the buffet anytime soon, I think my brother ate enough for the 8 of us! Thanks to all for being so hospitable to my wife! She had a very good time as well.

justin
01-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Thanks to all for a great time :) Looking forward to meeting up again at Saratoga. Not a big day at the windows for me but won enough that I ate for free :> Low point of the day was setting a new personal low for an exacta price...$7.40. Yikes! You guys are some real characters, it was a pleasure.

-Justin

John
01-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Sorry to post so late, I am still mailing out to friends the Beautiful 14X10 2004 Calenders that Aqueduct gave out on News year day.Featuring Great horses like "AFFIRMED SUCCESS" My favorite, "MINESHAFT" and other great horses that won at a NY tracks the past year.Plus some nice pictures of the Jockeys.

If you Guys have a calender look at the last page."Celebrity page" there is a guy in the upper left hand conner that is a dead ringer for SUFF.Maybe it is him ???

Good people, good food, good Handicapping, good Horses.

I want to thank Joe[ win-man-win ] CJ and his wife, and Justin.Also Pat,[ From the Queens } a real nice guy who sat at our table and anyone I left out for a great day. I appreciate you all.

John

PaceAdvantage
01-04-2004, 08:47 PM
Speaking of the last page of the calendar. who is that in the upper right? Some say it's Rod Stewart, and although quickly glancing at the photo, you might think it's Rod, but a more thorough exam certainly says it is not....so....who is it? I'm stumped....

John
01-04-2004, 09:27 PM
My vote, Rod Stewart.

PaceAdvantage
01-05-2004, 01:55 AM
Big clue that it is not Rod Stewart....missing tell-tale mole near left side of mouth....

John
01-05-2004, 09:02 AM
PA.

Speaking of pretty moles.At Aqueduct, New years day we were honored to have Mrs. Gecewicz join us at our table for a few minutes. Most people know her as "Kelly" Race Analyst for the days races.She is very personable and willing to talk about horses and racing in general.We watched the 5th race together and she sat there like a lady watching us screaming as loud as we could as the horse came to the wire noses apart. Boy, Kelly said, You guys sure get excited. I said, Kelly, the horses that finished 1st and 2nd are your top picks in this race.She looked at me with those big dark eyes and calmly said, Oh, I know that.
She is really a professional.[ Another day at the office. ]

Did you know that you can get Kelly's selections every day at the NYRA web site. [ I might throw my computer program away. ]

It was a pleasure to have her spend some time with us.She made the day.

cj
01-05-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
Big clue that it is not Rod Stewart....missing tell-tale mole near left side of mouth....

That's suff after losing a close photo!

cj
01-05-2004, 01:09 PM
A few pics from the day...

cj
01-05-2004, 01:13 PM
trying to figure out the picture thing, no luck so far!

John
01-05-2004, 02:13 PM
CJ,

according to Customer service. He is a look-a-like [ impostor ] of Rob Stewart. That is why there are no names on each picture. Just snapshots.

Ron
08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Speaking of the last page of the calendar. who is that in the upper right? Some say it's Rod Stewart, and although quickly glancing at the photo, you might think it's Rod, but a more thorough exam certainly says it is not....so....who is it? I'm stumped....

You're not going to believe this...(I just read this post).

I work with the guy

http://www.cma.com/images/Bios/sjz-3.jpg

Zaf
08-11-2007, 11:26 PM
Dead ringer for RS

Z

PaceAdvantage
08-12-2007, 02:35 AM
You're not going to believe this...(I just read this post).

I work with the guy

http://www.cma.com/images/Bios/sjz-3.jpg

Well, there you go....mystery sol-ved!

toetoe
08-12-2007, 02:05 PM
We were sure it was not RStew. We had it on good authority that this fella pictured could sing. :D