PDA

View Full Version : Creative Cause not well?

Bubbles
05-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Per Jeannine Edwards's Twitter: "There is speculation Creative Cause is not 100% and may not run in Derby, stay tuned."

pdxmike
05-04-2012, 09:10 AM
From twitter: Creative Cause won't be scratched. Harrington: "I don't know where the hell that come from." #KentuckyDerby

Bubbles
05-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Phew. Figured it was starting to collapse after being burdened with news that I liked him!

Greyfox
05-04-2012, 09:41 AM
Mike Welsch of the DRF has been giving workout reports on the various entrants this week from Kentucky.
In one of those reports Welsch mentioned that Creative Cause did not have a good week with respect to morning activity. He found it unusual that there was one day when Creative Cause didn't come out and suspected some type of foot issue. I'd want to hear more about that though before leaving this colt out.

JustRalph
05-04-2012, 09:50 AM
I see on twitter that a piece of the horses foot came off with the shoe, via the ship in. But it is said to be minor..........

Grits
05-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Mike Welsch of the DRF has been giving workout reports on the various entrants this week from Kentucky.
In one of those reports Welsch mentioned that Creative Cause did not have a good week with respect to morning activity. He found it unusual that there was one day when Creative Cause didn't come out and suspected some type of foot issue. I'd want to hear more about that though before leaving this colt out.

I wrote this in a thread last night after 9pm. He didn't come to the track two mornings--Tues. or Wed. He was back out yesterday morning. He was foot sore when he got off the airplane, arriving at CD.

Trainer said it was not a problem. This is how he works his horses. Last week, before leaving SoCal this is not what he said. He stated he would gallop his horse in the mornings. He said, not a word about skipping two days on track, after a work.

I listen to, and watch everything Mike Welsch says, including videos.

The trainer's indignant this morning about question regarding his horse being scratched. "I don't know where in the hell this came from?" Way to go, dude. :faint: (What do you expect?)

Of course, this could all be trainerspeak. One never knows.

wisconsin
05-04-2012, 10:34 AM
The trainer's indignant this morning about question regarding his horse being scratched. "I don't know where in the hell this came from?" Way to go, dude. :faint: (What do you expect?)

Of course, this could all be trainerspeak. One never knows.

Ahh, the joys of the Derby. Speculation and pre-race drama is all part of the experience. Everyone is trying to get that nugget.

Grits
05-04-2012, 02:25 PM
There were rumors around the barn area during the course of the morning that Creative Cause might be scratched from the Derby, allowing also-eligible My Adonis to draw into the race, but that did not happen. Creative Cause, merely walked/jogged a mile on Friday.

Welsch's final report.

http://www.drf.com/news/2012-kentucky-derby-starters-spend-friday-morning-jogging-galloping

calltopost
05-04-2012, 04:56 PM
Gritz - thanks for keeping us recent on this.

It is a big question for me because I trust those Mike Welsch reports bigtime.

Grits
05-04-2012, 07:24 PM
Gritz - thanks for keeping us recent on this.

It is a big question for me because I trust those Mike Welsch reports bigtime.

Anytime, sweetheart. I've been watching and reading Mike's reports for years. Another that is excellent in his field. ;)

CincyHorseplayer
05-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Anytime, sweetheart. I've been watching and reading Mike's reports for years. Another that is excellent in his field. ;)

He's pays great attention to detail.I like having him as Johnny on the spot too.

Robert Fischer
05-07-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't think he could have ran as well as he did if he were not 100%.