PDA

View Full Version : Head to Head Derby Wagers

Bettowin
05-03-2012, 11:30 PM
The best one I saw and bet was Take Charge Indy +105 against I'll Have Another. Thinking about doubling up on this one. Any thoughts?

senortout
05-03-2012, 11:49 PM
The best one I saw and bet was Take Charge Indy +105 against I'll Have Another. Thinking about doubling up on this one. Any thoughts?

where was this wager offered, this early? I expect to see the wager sooner or later, but its not up on Twin Spires that I could see anyway.

Bettowin
05-04-2012, 12:07 AM
Bovada has a whole bunch of head to head wagers and other props.

davew
05-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Calvin likes the rail and hes got it

will probably be ahead of I'll have another at the start

depends on top of stretch and whether Take Charge Indy gets steadied and blocked from the dying speed

I have no strong opinion on those 2, and would make it a coin flip

lamboguy
05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
it looks twice as good in the mud

Valuist
05-04-2012, 09:02 AM

I would have to take Take Charge Indy in that matchup. I'll Have Another was the only horse with any kind of chance to get hurt by the draw IMO. He may have to be sent toward the front because if he isn't, he's going to be hung out 7-8 wide on the first turn. That would be a death sentence.

I have to laugh when I hear Union Rags was hurt by post 4 or Bodemeister by the 6......that is seriously overreaching.

horses4courses
05-04-2012, 09:53 AM
No matter how tempting the head2head, tread carefully.
It's a 20 horse field, s**t happens.

I recall the 1999 Derby, and the horse Stephen Got Even.
We had a regular customer named Gary at the race book I managed.
He was so high on this horse entering the race, that he took his entire bankroll (3-4k) and bet this horse to beat Prime Timber (finished 4th)
SGE finished closer to last than first.
Never saw Gary after that.

Moral of the story - no matter how good it looks, it can get beat.

Good luck!