PDA

View Full Version : Race 6 Charlestown Thursday night

molson721
05-03-2012, 10:20 PM
If you can watch the replay, can anybody tell me why the 3 horse was taken down and placed second. :confused:

johnhannibalsmith
05-03-2012, 10:35 PM
After waiting seven minutes to finally see the head-on...

The three starts in the three path and finishes in about the six or seven path, leaning on the runner-up the for the entirety of the drive. At the point of the initial contact, the outside horse had actually headed the original winner and looked to have momentum before being harassed throughout the stretch. Add in the fact that despite the fact that his mount was clearly laying all over the outside horse, jockey Montano continues to relentlessly pummel his mount left-handed through the wire with his head buried, making no effort to straighten at any point - and the fact that the runner-up is defeated by a narrow margin - and I think it's fairly reasonable to conclude that both interference had occured and that it may very well have cost the victim of the interference a better placing. I can't disagree with that call.

Edited to correct the jock's name from something to something close.

northerndancer
05-03-2012, 11:00 PM
Judges actually got this one right.... they were spot on as the jock failed to maintain a proper path and caused interference. Jock has to stop hitting the horse and worry about steering.