PDA

View Full Version : Oaks Day Plays

Dahoss9698
05-03-2012, 10:20 PM
2nd- # 4 Monarchic- Was rundown very late in his turf debut by a perfect trip winner. Off slow last time on the poly and seemed uncomfortable with the restraint by Leparoux, although he did some running late. Switches to Castellano, back on grass and with a clean break figures to sit a nice trip and hopefully lands in the winners circle.

4th- #6 Funny Proposition- Was sharp last July breaking her maiden on this track before heading to the sidelines. Returned last month at Keeneland and was off slow. Was headstrong after that, making a brief bid, before tiring late. Blinkers come off, possibly looking to relax her a bit as she makes her two turn debut. If she can relax early, I like her chances. I don't like the ML favorite Do the Charleston at all. Her dirt races are much worse than her synth races.

7th- # 3 Good Deed- The race looks like it has the possibility to fall apart late, which is why I am glad Good Deed has shown the ability to rate in her prior races. I thought she was very impressive last time. Sat patiently in between horses early. Made a sharp move to take the lead and then extended her lead through the lane. Use with #1 Always Here Too and #2 Small Kitchen.

8th- #2 Run a Risk- Obviously the races boils down to whether or not Stephanie's Kitten is back. She has a right to improve second off the break, but I was less than enthused about her comeback and I just wonder if she is the same filly she was last year. If she is back, she romps, but I am going to play against it. Run a Risk is an improving filly and if she can continue to improve is a player here. She had a tough trip two back and was very game in running down a well meant Kitty Wine last time. Use with #1 More Than love who gets back to grass and takes blinkers off and #12 Dame Marie who has done nothing wrong in her career thus far.

10th- #10 Travel Advisory- Done little wrong in his turf starts. Was very impressive two back, romping at Fair Grounds. Was able to make up some ground last time against Silver Max and at least proved he can compete with these. More speed lined up today and I think another forward move puts him square in the middle of things. Use with #8 Finnegans Wake, who also should be coming late and his turf races fit with these and #2 Gung Ho.

11th- #10 And Why Not- Fascinating renewal, and while it might lack a real standout, is a good betting race. I'm taking a shot with And Why Not, because I feel like the pace is going to be very solid and she figures to be coming best of all late. By all accounts she has looked very good this week and if you can forgive her last, where she never lifted a hoof, her form looks better. I think two turns on dirt is going to be her game and if she can get some help up front might pull the surprise. Use with #1 On Fire Baby, who ran sneaky good two back against the boys and was sharp last time. Very dangerous. Also #2 Grace Hall who was awesome last time.

12th- #9 Stellabymoonlight- Was off slow in her debut last July against the next out winner of the Schuylerville. She made a little middle move before flattening out in the stretch. If she breaks well, I think she is going to be tough to beat.

Good luck!

BleedsDodgerBlue
05-03-2012, 11:17 PM
I really like the 6 best of all, followed by the 2, 9, and the 1.
Given your "track" record, I'll take another look at that 10 horse.

Thanks for sharing!

BleedsDodgerBlue

Robert Fischer
05-04-2012, 04:52 PM
In the 10th :5: BLUESKIESNRAINBOWS looks tough to me.
He tried to steal the SAD and continued on with a game finish a half length behind two derby horses.

who knows if this weather delay will do anything to the outcome..

:5::13::2::3:

Robert Fischer
05-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Transylvania Stakes exacta

Exotic1
05-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Man, this guy is good. Thank you, Dahoss.

Dahoss9698
05-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Recap

Day got off to a strong start as Monarchic sat the trip, and managed to get his nose down first in a tight finish paying $9 to win. In the 4th, Funny Proposition did in fact rate, took over as they turned for home and had plenty left to hold off the closers, paying $5.80 to win.

In the 7th, Good Deed shot to the front, but seemed well within herself while setting the pace. Was no match for the favorite through the lane, but was well clear for second. The decision to try and beat Stephanie's Kitten was a mistake in the 8th and she sat a nice trip and proved best. Run a Risk and More Than Love did little running. But Dame Marie was wide every step of the way and did a little bit of running. She's only made 3 starts, so she has a right to improve and I'm interested to see where she shows up next time.

In the 10th, Travel Advisory ran another solid race, but was 2nd at 24-1 to Silver Max, who proved his win at Keeneland was no fluke. Nice job by Bejarano to get Silver Max a breather up the backstretch. Finnegan's Wake came running strongly at the end to finish a close 4th at 19-1. Travel Advisory paid $21.60 to place and the winning exacta was a very generous $239.60.

Not even close in the Oaks, as I figured the speed would come back. It never did. In the finale Stellabymoonlight broke, but failed to clear and was hung out 4 wide dueling through sharp fractions. She tired late and the duel took it's toll as Totally Tucker came rolling by midtretch.

Hope everyone did okay.

WaHoo
05-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks the 2nd race made my pick4