PDA

View Full Version : Hansen ....doesnt sound good

JustRalph
05-03-2012, 08:11 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-workouts-hansen-appears-rank-during-final-appearance-derby

Scratching in the next 24 hours wouldnt surprise me at all

Tom
05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Maybe they painted him with lead paint?
I'm concerned about CC after the last couple of days, too.
On the bright side, Daddy Nose Best is looking interesting now.

precocity
05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/kentucky-derby-workouts-hansen-appears-rank-during-final-appearance-derby

ralph you know dr. hansen is not going to let that happen.

Grits
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM

CC got off the airplane on Saturday foot sore. Worked on Monday, didn't go to the track on Tues or Wed. Did go back this a.m.

I'll Have Another, he had shock wave therapy several days ago.

Not real interested in either, don't care how they looked prior to this week.

CincyHorseplayer
05-03-2012, 09:59 PM

I'm down to Daddy Nose best and Rags and to a lesser extent Bodemeister and Dullahan.With the odds on DNB likely to stay about what they are it's definitely a bet.He's not a 1 run closer and can finish against a fast pace.And seems to be thriving at CD.I like him a lot.

Striker
05-03-2012, 10:33 PM
El Padrino hasn't been impressive this week either, as he has been said to be very tired and blowing very hard coming off the track after galloping. I don't think there is anyway Hansen scratches, and Ramon is going to have his hands full trying to get him to relax behind Trinniberg.

GaryG
05-04-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm down to Daddy Nose best and Rags and to a lesser extent Bodemeister and Dullahan.With the odds on DNB likely to stay about what they are it's definitely a bet.He's not a 1 run closer and can finish against a fast pace.And seems to be thriving at CD.I like him a lot.DNB looked excellent in his last work. I plan to make a win bet on Bodemeister but will bet him underneath and as a win saver.

pdxmike
05-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Rumors on twitter that CC is scratched

calltopost
05-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Rumors on twitter that CC is scratched

Can you tell me some twitters to follow? I just have a few basic DRF guys. I like getting the live news on there!

pdxmike
05-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Can you tell me some twitters to follow? I just have a few basic DRF guys. I like getting the live news on there!

It's probably easiest to tell you my name and then you can see who I follow. It's @seattledegen

PhantomOnTour
05-04-2012, 09:27 AM

:lol: :lol: No way he scratches.
I think a lot of folks are missing the boat with Hansen. He is a player, and the idea that he will be swallowed by the pack is a misguided one imo.
He is the dominant pace horse in this race and he will run many right off their feet.
He gets a share (top 4)in my eyes.

pdxmike
05-04-2012, 09:28 AM
Only the AE was an early scratch

JustRalph
05-04-2012, 09:42 AM
jeannine edwards ‏ @jeanninee12
There is speculation Creative Cause is not 100% and may not run in Derby, stay tuned

Sundown
05-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Apparently not

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/69490/trainer-no-plans-to-scratch-creative-cause

MNslappy
05-04-2012, 01:20 PM
I think a lot of folks are missing the boat with Hansen. He is a player, and the idea that he will be swallowed by the pack is a misguided one imo.
He is the dominant pace horse in this race

Agree with you on this, I think people are being far too quick to dismiss him. I think he's ITM somewhere.

NYPlayer
05-04-2012, 03:13 PM
"...I think a lot of folks are missing the boat with Hansen. He is a player, and the idea that he will be swallowed by the pack is a misguided one imo.
He is the dominant pace horse in this race and he will run many right off their feet..."

Of all the speed horses, he's most likely to run his best. Trinniberg is really no match, and Bodemeister plain ol' figures to bounce (his numbers aren't all that much better on the Ragozins btw).

JustRalph
05-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I watched the video of the work. He looked uncomfortable to me. He was rank and very keyed up.

Robert Fischer
05-04-2012, 04:10 PM
Gung Ho may tell us something about the pace in the Bluegrass.

His race is coming up @ Churchill race 10.

nomadpat
05-05-2012, 11:16 AM
Hansen didn't look good on Thursday. Does anyone have any notes on how he looked yesterday or this morning? Supposedly he might have a gallop this morning to calm him down.

PhantomOnTour
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Couldn't gallop today...track closed for training this morning due to the weather

Valuist
05-06-2012, 07:41 PM
I wonder if the connections would consider the Met Mile at Belmont. Think that might be a good spot for him. Yeah he'd take on the likes of Caleb's Posse but at a mile it would be interesting.

tribecaagent
05-06-2012, 08:44 PM
If I were the good doctor/Mike Maker, I'd freshen-up, then stable at Monmouth Park. Get a prep in over the racetrack and point for the Haskell. That horse is tailor-made for that racetrack.

NYPlayer
05-06-2012, 10:02 PM
I guess something was bothering him. Maybe it was weather related...who knows? I think a "wait and see" approach is best. The Met Mile could be to his liking.

Saratoga_Mike
05-07-2012, 12:37 AM
I think he'd get destroyed in the Met Mile.

PhantomOnTour
05-07-2012, 01:49 AM
Hansen is the only one who was anywhere near Bodemeister early that didn't totally implode. Finished 9th beaten 10.25 lengths.
The winner laid fairly close, but Daddy Long Legs, Trinniberg and Gemologist all caved in.
He was the only one in the field who could even join the conversation with Bodemeister when it comes to pace over a route of ground, and barely at that.
All things considered (anxious works, washed out before the race) Hansen actually ran pretty well.

JustRalph
05-07-2012, 07:18 AM
I think there is something wrong with Hansen. I thought he looked really uncomfortable in that last work. Throwing his head etc. Every time I have seen that, they find something wrong down the road. Too bad they can't talk. I think he has some kind of injury. Just my opine and remember, I don't know shit about horses.

CincyHorseplayer
05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
I think there is something wrong with Hansen. I thought he looked really uncomfortable in that last work. Throwing his head etc. Every time I have seen that, they find something wrong down the road. Too bad they can't talk. I think he has some kind of injury. Just my opine and remember, I don't know shit about horses.

If you have seen it before you know something Ralph.I've seen horses that looked hurt or just messed up and wondered why they were racing.

It is too bad they can't talk because they are definitely interested.I saw a 3yo filly that wanted to hang with me a few weeks ago.I can't wait til her next race so I can chill with her in the paddock!:)