PDA

View Full Version : Micro Sh*t

Tom
01-01-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, back to work tomorrow and played hardly any races over the vacation thanks to my stupid POS W98 computer going south. Spend 7 days trying to move files and re-install programs on the XP...BTW, I have absolutely no respect for XP whatsoever...it is a step backwards in my opinion. Things that worked great in 98 (or as great as anything can on POS OS).
For example, today, using the Search trying to find missing DRF files for Formulator. Search cannot find a single DRF file. The old Find function in explorer was a great tool for everyday use. Now they have replaced it with search function that plainly is useless.
I type in search for files or folders named *.txt (I have thousands of them.....XP cannot find a single one.
I learned a valuable lesson this holiday.... quit playing around with worthless MS compouters. I am not going to do anything with the dead one and the XP isgoing to get a hell of a lot less use from today onward. No more computer handicapping-I am letting all subscriptions lapse and the only thing I will use after that is a hardcopy of the form and a pencil. I am going back to the old days and playing one track, period...no more of this relying on computers. Not until a reputable company comes out with an OS that is supported by useable software. I don't think it will be this decade.
Goodbye computer wworld.

BillW
01-01-2004, 04:59 PM
Tom,

Does this mean PA is going to have to get a scanner and a PO box for your posts? :eek:

Bill

so.cal.fan
01-01-2004, 05:45 PM
Tom,
please don't stop posting on our board!
Get some simple machine like an iMac if you aren't going to use MS software.
You can post to us, and you won't ever get a VIRUS/WORM!

Tom
01-01-2004, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
Tom,
please don't stop posting on our board!
Get some simple machine like an iMac if you aren't going to use MS software.
You can post to us, and you won't ever get a VIRUS/WORM!

Oh, I'll be posting, but relying on computers for anything anymore..no way.
I bet I do better without programs anyways.

lousycapperII
01-01-2004, 11:10 PM
Spend 7 days trying to move files and re-install programs on the XP...BTW, I have absolutely no respect for XP whatsoever...it is a step backwards in my opinion. Things that worked great in 98 (or as great as anything can on POS OS).
For example, today, using the Search trying to find missing DRF files for Formulator. Search cannot find a single DRF file. The old Find function in explorer was a great tool for everyday use. Now they have replaced it with search function that plainly is useless.
I type in search for files or folders named *.txt (I have thousands of them.....XP cannot find a single one.
I learned a valuable lesson this holiday.... quit playing around with worthless MS compouters. I am not going to do anything with the dead one and the XP isgoing to get a hell of a lot less use from today onward. No more computer handicapping-I am letting all subscriptions lapse and the only thing I will use after that is a hardcopy of the form and a pencil. I am going back to the old days and playing one track, period...no more of this relying on computers. Not until a reputable company comes out with an OS that is supported by useable software. I don't think it will be this decade.
Goodbye computer wworld. [/B][/QUOTE]

You might try using a utility like "Z-TREE" to find your files?

-LCII