PDA

View Full Version : An unusual but sometimes effective method

redeye007
05-02-2012, 04:33 AM
For anyone that uses a computer software program to predict the outcome of a horse race that has the capability to adjust the weights of the weighting factors used, a method that can be very effective is to find a card in which there are at least 2 or more races of the exact same type and distance.after the results are known for the first one, you will adjust the weighting factors to produce the top 4 finishers preferably with the winner selected on top. then these weights would be saved to predict the outcome of the next race of the exact same distance and type. the trifecta and superfecta will be the target wagers. Huge payoffs can be hit using this method :)

rubicon55
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Hi redeye, is the weighting you refer to by track or horse profile? As you know some tracks favor closers versus early speed or vice versa, post positions, purse values, the list goes on and on. I was curious if it was your intent that there was a specific horse weighting factor you review or modify in regard to the horse under consideration for wagering or is the weighting by the specific track the racing will be run on combined with the horses running and pace style. I keep a track profile of the ones I play to see if shippers or horses switching surfaces or distances can handle the post or running style biases that may or may not exist.

Helles
05-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Redeye, that is actually a very good idea. I know with HSH, one can do this with EVERY race. It can be set up to run dynamically. Each time one goes to handicap a race, it will reach back into a user-defined number of races at this track, distance, condition, etc. and choose the best factors to win that race.

Good luck!

Eddie W
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
I have been doing this for years, With GREAT results...
From prof jones...The paceline is the key...I found a system that
would keep a same paceline for every race..With Great results..
Useing it....Breaking each class in its own class...And getting new
factor's for each class....Like 6f 10,000 clm would have a diffrent
factor's than 12,000 clm....But to do this you have to have alot of racing
forms, data to do..And with the changeing of track codes so much it
hard to do...Like Hollywoodpark has change it track code...Oak-tree
is not Osa anymore...But anyways i am hitting at a 91 percent clip
for santa Anita...And over 45 percent with the top choice...

Eddie W
05-05-2012, 02:18 PM
Also Like 6f allowx1 would not be the same as 6.5 allowx1 it would not be
the same as 7f nwx1 like that.....If people can do this..They would find
Winner's after winner's..With Any program they used...

Eddie W
05-09-2012, 08:48 PM
you are also talking aout prof jones program does all what you are talking
about, what more do you want?