PDA

View Full Version : Live Longshot: Daddy Nose Best

Producer
05-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Surprised not many people are talking about this horse. I suppose I know why....

This horse has lots going for him:

1) Horse has been training at Churchill for weeks and by all accounts is thriving. His 1:00.1 breeze on April 16th at CD was spectacular, especially for a Asmussen horse. Had a similar work at SA before his Sunland Derby win.

2) Progeny of Scat Daddy seem to improve by tons from their 2yo to 3yo seasons. DNB has clearly had that happen and is improving every race. His last race was his best yet and he looks to be peaking now. This is key, imo, for a derby horse.

3) His Sunland Derby win was much better than people are giving him credit for. Although the track seemed to favor horses coming from behind on that day, he beat a horse in Isn't He Clever that is a totally different horse at Sunland than anywhere else. Isn't he clever ran lights out on that day and was over 7 clear of the 3rd place horse. DNB really had to dig down deep to win. Some people might look at that as a negative but I love to see a horse run his best race in his final prep race. Especially considering the horse has had 6 weeks since that race to regroup and is training so well.

4) I'm not a big BSF guy, but DNB ran the 2nd highest last race beyer (100) after only Bode's 108. In fact, he is the only other horse to have a triple digit beyer last race. Only Bode's 3 races, DNB's Sunland Derby, El Padrino's allowance win over Take Charge Indy, and Creative Cause's San Felipe win were awarded triple digit BSF's all year of the Derby horses.

5)Positive jockey switch from Leparoux to Garret Gomez.

He is very, very live this Saturday and considering value, he is most likely going to be my key horse in all slots.

sammy the sage
05-01-2012, 10:17 PM
He's going to be the WISEGUY horse...there's been PLENTY of BUZZ about him already...

Unfortunately...I'll be keying him as well... :rolleyes:

JustRalph
05-01-2012, 11:16 PM
I like him to be a contender at the top of the stretch, but i think he was the beneficiary of a speed duel in the Snld Derby. I think he plodded home, but with this crew in the Ky Derby, that could be a good thing. i think there are at least 3-4 horses that will be making a late moves that are real late moves, not plodding. But if he is in front of those ......could be a good thing......with traffic and all.....

sovereign
05-01-2012, 11:16 PM
He's going to be the WISEGUY horse...there's been PLENTY of BUZZ about him already...

THIS!

menifee
05-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Surprised not many people are talking about this horse. I suppose I know why....

This horse has lots going for him:

1) Horse has been training at Churchill for weeks and by all accounts is thriving. His 1:00.1 breeze on April 16th at CD was spectacular, especially for a Asmussen horse. Had a similar work at SA before his Sunland Derby win.

2) Progeny of Scat Daddy seem to improve by tons from their 2yo to 3yo seasons. DNB has clearly had that happen and is improving every race. His last race was his best yet and he looks to be peaking now. This is key, imo, for a derby horse.

3) His Sunland Derby win was much better than people are giving him credit for. Although the track seemed to favor horses coming from behind on that day, he beat a horse in Isn't He Clever that is a totally different horse at Sunland than anywhere else. Isn't he clever ran lights out on that day and was over 7 clear of the 3rd place horse. DNB really had to dig down deep to win. Some people might look at that as a negative but I love to see a horse run his best race in his final prep race. Especially considering the horse has had 6 weeks since that race to regroup and is training so well.

4) I'm not a big BSF guy, but DNB ran the 2nd highest last race beyer (100) after only Bode's 108. In fact, he is the only other horse to have a triple digit beyer last race. Only Bode's 3 races, DNB's Sunland Derby, El Padrino's allowance win over Take Charge Indy, and Creative Cause's San Felipe win were awarded triple digit BSF's all year of the Derby horses.

5)Positive jockey switch from Leparoux to Garret Gomez.

He is very, very live this Saturday and considering value, he is most likely going to be my key horse in all slots.

I agree with you on all of this. Very good analysis. Though I think the other poster is correct that he will be bet down. I would be surprised if you got greater than 17-1 on him. Right now he is 16-1 on Wynn Derby Futures. More impressive race is the El Camino Real Derby. That was one hell of a performance.

The WindfallAngler
05-02-2012, 02:13 AM

Your threats don't scare us none :ThmbUp: ...I plan to use him 4th and 3rd.

CincyHorseplayer
05-02-2012, 02:31 AM
He is one of the four I am considering backing in this race.A lot of this will be determined by odds.I really like this guy though and will be a big part of my tickets.

Predicting the probable pace is absoltely killing me.If we get a strung out field it will hurt the closers IMO.If they are all sucked along into a fast pace it could hurt good pressers like Union Rags and Creative Cause and .......if it rains it just might wash away a big bet.

BeatTheChalk
05-02-2012, 05:49 PM
Daddy Nose Best He izz indeed ..thee Wise Guys choice. From the folks at NBC -- they had to tell everybody watching the Draws for the post positions. Darnit. Folks have been talkin abiout him since his workout -and how great he looks...Be interesting to see how he gets bet. Could it get any better than " Daddy Nose Best wins by a nose ." :lol: