PDA

View Full Version : Sat Coffee Break 4-28

wilderness
04-28-2012, 07:55 AM
mYs002 location? (]mYs001 location?[/url)

Hint this horse was a terror that couldn't be handled by two trainers, yet turned to a pussy-cat under this driver.

[url=]mYs004 horseman? (]mYs003 HORSE and driver?[/url)

[url=]mYs005 horse and driver?

wilderness
04-28-2012, 01:45 PM
mYs001 location?
DelawareGrandstand
from Nov 1943 Hoof Beats:
Sonless (note printed spelling), cold and windy on the Big Day, Thursday, but this is the way they pack them in regardless, at Delaware. Grandstand.

mYs002 location?
DuQuoinEarly1940s
Aug 1943 Hoof Beats and advertisement.

mYs003 HORSE and driver?
Hint this horse was a terror that couldn't be handled by two trainers, yet turned to a pussy-cat under this driver.
Nimble Hanover (Alma Sheppard)
Sports Illustrated article (http://www.google.com/url?q=http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1074858/index.htm&sa=U&ei=Rw-aT4iBBorqgQfIp8z7Dg&ved=0CBEQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFFNLiwEcwLa1wxHH7vzdhf975waw)

Many people don't give Alma Sheppard enough due credit. Mistakenly believing that she just jumped on Dean Hanover as set a record ("anybody can do that").
Alma's hard work and improving skills over an extended period, were what made Henry Thomas (as well as the Sheppard Family) so proud and impressed for the young lady.

mYs004 horseman?[/url]
Pete Axhelm Spill from August 1975 HB's and Goshen:
USTA photographer George Smallsreed was on hand as Newsweek columnist Pete Axthelm took this spectacular spill at Goshen when aline broke while he was driving Weightlifter in the Grand Circuit Amateur Trot. Axthelm suffered bumps and bruises from the incident, but was not seriously injured.

mYs005 horse and driver?
Toplady Almahurst (Abe Stoltzfus) Cover Back of Aug 1975 HB's and Almahurst Farm.
1975 Stats in the 300 or more category
Stoltzfus, A. 543 122 86 65 .353

pandy
04-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Great stuff!

www.facebook.com/harnessracingcomeback

wilderness
04-28-2012, 02:05 PM
Bob,
Glad you enjoyed it.

This is the reason I don't participate in Facebook.

There's no explanation, no credit to the publication and/or publication date.

Most everything I provide (despite its not existing before my scanner) is credited to the publication when used. Even cataloged in the same manner.