PDA

View Full Version : Pen vs. Chip Road to the Breeders Crown Contest

RaceTrackDaddy
04-27-2012, 05:37 PM
To all:
Just wanted to inform you all that the first week of the Pen V Chip Road To The Breeders Crown contest will start tomorrow. It will put 4 computer driven handicapping programs against 4 people with pen and pencil handicappers.

The main hub is at http://hanaharnesscontest.blogspot.com/
There are other sites and blogs that will carry the updates of selections and statistics as they are all linked to the spreadsheet in Skydrive on microsoft servers. When the stats and selections are updated, the hub and all other sites that are hotlinked to it will be updated in a matter of seconds.

The card tomorrow is at Yoinkers. Selectons are now posted.

Thank you all for your support in our effort to help the sport we love and the equines that will benefit as the prize money donated will be going to rescue shelters of our former stars.

rtd
ps. what started as a dream to reuite the former Pen v Chipp at Tioga 2010 team has now come alive and it is bigger and better than I could of hope for.

melman
04-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Great to hear BobbyZ. Contest looks better than ever. Make some cash and have some fun. Will follow along and am sure to pick up some winners.

BTW Bobby---Kick that Chatsworth Consortium in the bulbs, or relays, or electrons for me. :lol: Still hurting from that butt whipping he/she/it game me at Tioga.

RaceTrackDaddy
04-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Great to hear BobbyZ. Contest looks better than ever. Make some cash and have some fun. Will follow along and am sure to pick up some winners.

BTW Bobby---Kick that Chatsworth Consortium in the bulbs, or relays, or electrons for me. :lol: Still hurting from that butt whipping he/she/it game me at Tioga.

Hi Mel...thank you and will try to do some payback if I can. Nothing against David and his Consortium at Trackmaster, but this old war horse doesn't like losing and has a long memory. With 8 of us entered, it will be a decent race to watch.

At the Hana Contest Blog is a page that will graphically display the individual and the team race in tracking the ROI numbers.

That Tioga contest was a tough one as we all had to learn the track bias on different track conditions, NY bred races and overnights. Took me a while but I really enjoyed it. Just think that if we didn't do that then, this probably would not be happening now.

rtd

mrroyboy
04-28-2012, 05:01 PM
wHAT DOES THE ml COLUMN mean? Morning line odds?

mrroyboy
04-28-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm rooting for the Ray/Pandy group. But good luck to all

RaceTrackDaddy
04-28-2012, 05:17 PM
wHAT DOES THE ml COLUMN mean? Morning line odds?

That is what the lowest three odds assigned by the track handicapper that posts those odds to the left of the horses name in the program. I tried to go lowest to highest but in some races there were multiple horses with the same odds (ie 6/1) so I used the more inside post position to break the tie.

The pp's from trackmaster and USAT site are void of any denotation in their reporting of which the track handicapper made his morning line for the race, so I have to create our own..

hope that helps out in aswering your question mrroyboy

mrroyboy
04-29-2012, 04:15 PM
I really liked that article you guys wrote on overrated factors etc. I hope there will be alot more of them. Makes the contest a learning thing not just good fun

Good jobs Guys!!!

RaceTrackDaddy
04-29-2012, 07:55 PM
I am sure Allan has something more to ask us in the upcoming weeks. He updated the site. Looks awesome.

Who would of thought a single post in January asking for a reunion of the Pen v Chip would of grown to what is has become. It is surprising to me and I actually wanted this...lol

If you lost the link, here is Hana Harness' Contest Blog
http://hanaharnesscontest.blogspot.com/

Pacingguy
04-30-2012, 08:12 AM
The ML column represents the track selections based on the morning line. While not part of the competition, it gives followers a reference point.

What I like about this contest too is there is some cash on the line for some standardbred horse rescues. If for nothing else, it is worth the effort for that. I thank all the handicappers for donating their time for the benefit of standardbred horse rescues.