PDA

View Full Version : It will be known forever as Hollywood Park and Harry Henson was thee best announcer

BeatTheChalk
04-26-2012, 11:05 PM
in the history of the world. Going to be an interesting ride with the
blokes from Betfair at the controls.

JustRalph
04-26-2012, 11:37 PM

How in the world do u get that they are "in control". .

v j stauffer
04-27-2012, 03:06 AM

You're half right.

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Anybody know the numbers for HP Opening Day? EB didn't show the totals.

David-LV
04-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Anybody know the numbers for HP Opening Day? EB didn't show the totals.

I guess the name change didn't help a very weak card and low opening day handle of $3,065,536.

If Hollywood keeps running fields like they ran on opening day I don't expect the handle to increase much more.

_______
David-LV

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 09:54 AM
You're half right.

Stephen Burn has stated many times that the only reason Betfair is in this country is to get their Exchange Wagering up and running. Unless I am missing something, that is still, at best, a long way off. This latest maneuver seems to me a desperate measure but desperate people. This was all done when the Head Office in the UK was rudderless, without a Chairman or CEO. Since the industry appears to be showing improvement, I will assume that this venture will succeed for both BF and HP. If it fails, I wouldn't want to be in any TVG/Betfair USA's shoes when the new CEO Breon Corcoran takes over in August.

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 09:59 AM
I guess the name change didn't help a very weak card and low opening day handle of $3,065,536.

If Hollywood keeps running fields like they ran on opening day I don't expect the handle to increase much more. David-LV

It seems they did 5.5 million last year, I don't think this year's numbers can be that bad. I am hoping for the worst but can't believe that can be right. Where did you get that figure?

David-LV
04-27-2012, 10:14 AM
It seems they did 5.5 million last year, I don't think this year's numbers can be that bad. I am hoping for the worst but can't believe that can be right. Where did you get that figure?

Equibase, just add up all the numbers race by race and the total will be a disappointing total first day handle of $3,065,536.

I think when you put together a terrible opening day card like yesterday they have to be thankful that the handle was as high as it was.

Betfair as they like to call it now after 74 years of calling the track Hollywood Park is only concerned in exchange betting which has no chance of catching on in the US made a big mistake with this name change.
Time will prove me right.

_______
David-LV

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 10:40 AM
Equibase, just add up all the numbers race by race and the total will be a disappointing total first day handle of $3,065,536. David-LV

Did you include the WPS Pools which are on the left-hand side of the page?

Probably still a disappointment if you include those and that is the right number. Like I said, Burn looks like he's grasping at straws. But, I could be wrong. Stuff happens behind closed doors that nobody knows anything about.

David-LV
04-27-2012, 10:49 AM
Did you include the WPS Pools which are on the left-hand side of the page?

Probably still a disappointment if you include those and that is the right number. Like I said, Burn looks like he's grasping at straws. But, I could be wrong. Stuff happens behind closed doors that nobody knows anything about.

Thank you, you are right I did overlook the WPS pools.

The total handle with those pools still is a disappointing $4,490,862.

________
David-LV

BeatTheChalk
04-27-2012, 11:42 AM
Ok .. Half right is just fine. Yes - I agree the name Hollywood Park will not
be remembered. It will be Betfair Hollywood from now on. I remain proudly
HALF RIGHT ... Thee Flag is up.

BeatTheChalk
04-27-2012, 11:49 AM
I did NOT SAY that they were "" IN CONTROL. "" I did say they are ...
" At the Controls." Monster difference. IN a couple of days I shall return with all of the details. :ThmbUp:

BeatTheChalk
04-27-2012, 11:52 AM
Half riight. I will settle for that. Hollywood shall be known forever as
Betfair Hollywood Park. The records will now be corrected. The flag is up

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 11:55 AM
I did NOT SAY that they were "" IN CONTROL. "" I did say they are ...
" At the Controls."

Is that like having Captain Edward Smith "at the controls"?

BlueShoe
04-27-2012, 12:02 PM
After only one day have already had enough of this Betfair nonsense. Hell, it is even on the menu at the SAMs. Instead of just good old fashioned Hollywood, Betfair is on the button. Do not wish to put Vic on the spot because I realize he must follow directives from above, but every time yesterday I heard him say the word Betfair I winced.

GatetoWire
04-27-2012, 06:50 PM
Let's not forget that Todd Schrupp said Betfair Hollywood Park about 20,000 times during the telecast.

He overused it to the point of being awkward.

If I was playing a drinking game using "Betfair Hollywood Park" I would have been drunk after 1 race.

Only one word to describe it....brutal.

usedtolovetvg
04-27-2012, 07:43 PM

I would say 'desperation' might be more apropos. If all their jobs hinged on the implementation of Exchange Wagering well then... As George Costanza would say, "That's a shame".

David-LV
04-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Let's not forget that Todd Schrupp said Betfair Hollywood Park about 20,000 times during the telecast.

He overused it to the point of being awkward.

If I was playing a drinking game using "Betfair Hollywood Park" I would have been drunk after 1 race.

They have not eased up at all at TVG, I already have grown to hate the word Betfair.

Tonight, they have all joined in saying Betfair, Betfair, Betfair and more Betfair. :bang::bang::bang::bang:

My one word to describe it.....Betfair = Sickening.

_______
David-LV

David-LV
04-28-2012, 01:12 AM
I would say 'desperation' might be more apropos. If all their jobs hinged on the implementation of Exchange Wagering well then... As George Costanza would say, "That's a shame".

If they are waiting for Exchange Wagering in this country, they have a very, very, long wait ahead of them.

_______
David-LV