PDA

View Full Version : El Padrino is a very "Live Horse"

School of Forego
04-26-2012, 10:54 PM
:cool: Read in between the lines on this one. If he draws well and worrys about his own trip he'll grab a piece at a nice price and juice up the exotics.

Robert Fischer
04-26-2012, 11:19 PM
I like El Padrino.

The Florida Derby has to be interpreted as whether to take it as face value, or whether to upgrade Union Rags and El Padrino for trying to close into a speed favoring setup.

Sinner369
04-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Forego..........you discounted Union Rags but now you say El Padrino is a live horse?

I guess I am confused.....didn't El Padrino finish behind UR in the Florida Derby!

And UR had a bad trip in the Florida Derby!

Striker
04-26-2012, 11:30 PM
If its an off track the day of the derby, that would upgrade his chances imo.

School of Forego
04-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Sinner, UR was supposed to annihlate these horses yet looked sluggish while taking forever to get going. EP on the other hand was being measured against UR. Was he good enough to face this kind of horse? Judging from EP's trip alone and the fact he wasn't far behind UR in the end i'd say there is a good chance for him to move foward and step up.
In the Fla Derby he went out, came back then went out wide again. He was all over the place yet neither here nor there. It looked like he was watching what UR's was going to do instead of running his own race. I think he can sit and come with a strong late run at a price. I don't see him getting to Gemologist but he should be passing horses.

CincyHorseplayer
04-27-2012, 11:38 AM
El Padrino has done zero on a fast track.Gemologist rated 1 time.Once.And finished slow to polish off the illusion.Both want to be near a quick pace going 10 furlongs.

Sounds more like the School Of Blowhard to me!:cool:

GaryG
04-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Sounds more like the School Of Blowhard to me!:cool:I believe Dahoss called him out, but there was no reply. This one won't be here any longer than the "others".

School of Forego
04-27-2012, 03:48 PM
CincyHorseplayer, I see you were absent for lessons in Race Watching Week. Either that or you are just weak sir in this all important department of handicapping. With a high track variant and a stiff and steady wind off the water the track was slow all day at Aqueduct. Look at the wide trip and the fight at the end and Gemologist's race was anything short of spectacular. Easily a 1:48 race with normal conditions.
El Padrino finished right behind the great Union Rags and the horse is still green. He was all over the track. If he ever gets his act together he may be one tough cookie.

I was Valedictorian at The School of Forego.:rolleyes: Where did you go, Stevie Wonder's School of Race Watching?:lol:

GL

precocity
04-27-2012, 09:41 PM
CincyHorseplayer, I see you were absent for lessons in Race Watching Week. Either that or you are just weak sir in this all important department of handicapping. With a high track variant and a stiff and steady wind off the water the track was slow all day at Aqueduct. Look at the wide trip and the fight at the end and Gemologist's race was anything short of spectacular. Easily a 1:48 race with normal conditions.
El Padrino finished right behind the great Union Rags and the horse is still green. He was all over the track. If he ever gets his act together he may be one tough cookie.

I was Valedictorian at The School of Forego.:rolleyes: Where did you go, Stevie Wonder's School of Race Watching?:lol:

GL
CRAZY MOFO CANT HELP IT HE MAKES ME LAUGH :D

toetoe
04-28-2012, 12:43 AM

GL

I made a movie about your school days. It's a myo-pic. ;)