PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft

Striker
04-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Tell us who you want to see your fav team take in the draft tonight.

I'm hoping that Michael Floyd falls to the Chicago Bears at pick #19 and if he is gone then take Kendall Wright from Baylor, but all the draft experts have the Bears taking someone on the defensive side of the ball like Nick Perry from USC or Whitney Mercilus from Illinois, or Chandler Jones from Syracuse. I would also be happy with some O line help in Stanford OT Jon Martin or Cordy Glenn T from Georgia. Feel free to bash your teams selection(s) after they make their picks also.

cj
04-26-2012, 01:47 PM
I'll just trust the Giants to make the best pick and see who it is. They seem to know what they are doing!

Valuist
04-26-2012, 01:56 PM

I'm hoping that Michael Floyd falls to the Chicago Bears at pick #19 and if he is gone then take Kendall Wright from Baylor, but all the draft experts have the Bears taking someone on the defensive side of the ball like Nick Perry from USC or Whitney Mercilus from Illinois, or Chandler Jones from Syracuse. I would also be happy with some O line help in Stanford OT Jon Martin or Cordy Glenn T from Georgia. Feel free to bash your teams selection(s) after they make their picks also.

Floyd won't be available at 19. After getting Marshall, I still think their biggest need is on the O-line.

melman
04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I'll be interested to see how soon Okie State's Weeden gets taken. He seems to have it all. Except he is 28. Thus cannot be a "project" and would have to be taken by a team ready to roll with him.

RaceBookJoe
04-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Well, since it looks like Luck with go #1, if I hear any name other than RG3 for the Redskins I am going to jump off the Stratosphere :)

Striker
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I'll just trust the Giants to make the best pick and see who it is. They seem to know what they are doing!
All signs point to TE Fleener from Stanford. Even though the Giants are ok in the TE department, this guy is a huge threat to stretch the field for any team.

Striker
04-26-2012, 02:44 PM
Floyd won't be available at 19. After getting Marshall, I still think their biggest need is on the O-line.
Totally agree, but you never know with the off the field problems with this guy. Draft Experts are saying he might have past Blackmon for Ok State as the top WR in the draft but you never know. I would be happy with either of the 2 guys I mentioned as O line draft picks.

cj
04-26-2012, 03:12 PM
All signs point to TE Fleener from Stanford. Even though the Giants are ok in the TE department, this guy is a huge threat to stretch the field for any team.

Two of the Giants' TEs had major injuries at the end of the year, so that makes sense.

PhantomOnTour
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
I find the NFL draft unwatchable...too much McShea, Kyper and hype.
The highlight reels are nauseating and never ending.

I imagine Chris Berman will make an appearance, which makes it doubly tough to watch.
No thanks

Valuist
04-26-2012, 03:58 PM
I find it funny the newspapers all give out grades the day after the draft.

That is a kin to professors or teachers assigning grades before the final exam.

Want to grade a draft? Wait 3 years. At this point, you can start to grade the 2009 draft. But not 2010 or 2011, let alone 2012.

cj
04-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I find the NFL draft unwatchable...too much McShea, Kyper and hype.
The highlight reels are nauseating and never ending.

I imagine Chris Berman will make an appearance, which makes it doubly tough to watch.
No thanks

I wish every five years they would go back and show what these guys actually said during the draft, and see how it turned out. As for watching, I'd rather take in a 5 day cricket test.

Sinner369
04-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Have to agree with CJ....the various sites, newspaper, radio, TV, they never follow up on the so called experts picks and their percentages after the game, or race is over!

We just heard the comments before but never after!

mostpost
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM

I agree with you on Michael Floyd. I'm not optimistic that he will still be there at 19, but if he is I will be disappointed if they take a defensive lineman in his place, as many of the so-called experts are predicting.

Canarsie
04-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Two of the Giants' TEs had major injuries at the end of the year, so that makes sense.

Not a Giants fan but I live in their home turf. Their philosophy since George Young is to take the best player available regardless of position. As you stated it has worked out pretty well.

Robert Fischer
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Steelers need a guy whose name starts with "Donta".

Either Dont'a Hightower or Dontari Poe could sure up this draft need.

Robert Goren
04-26-2012, 07:07 PM
The Seahawks are an interesting team to watch. If Miami doesn't take Tannehill, some people have them taking him. To me that makes no sense since they signed Flynn. As a Broncos fan, I will be interested to see if Denver takes a QB in the first few rounds to learn from Manning. Maybe somebody in the third round.

RaceBookJoe
04-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Well, since it looks like Luck with go #1, if I hear any name other than RG3 for the Redskins I am going to jump off the Stratosphere :)

Hooray !!! I'm still here :) Now i have to get to work on the Ky Derby. I hear that Gemologist cant be beat :)

PhantomOnTour
04-26-2012, 10:05 PM
Did the Steelers pick yet?
Who we got? :eek:

Striker
04-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Announcing pick #23 for Detroit, Pitt is up next at #24.

Striker
04-26-2012, 10:21 PM
G David Decastro Stanford

Valuist
04-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Striker-

The Bears did address WR and I like the pick a lot. Saw some footage of Jeffery and he looks like a monster. Now with him and Marshall, they have gone from about the smallest starting WRs to one of the biggest. The first pick may be a bit of a head scratcher. The kid seems too small to play DE. Think he is best suited to play OLB in a 3-4 defense, which the Bears don't play.

Striker
04-30-2012, 11:05 PM
I like the WR pick also, and they are going to be tough in the red zone with Jeffrey and Marshall both being over 6'3'' and the jury is out on the kid from Boise. Everywhere he has gone, he has proven people wrong and been successful, but not sure how a college senior with his size can only put up 225lbs 19 times in the bench press. They still need some O line help IMO but maybe Tice can work some magic with the guys they got. Overall a major improvement from the Angelo drafts, at least so far.

elysiantraveller
04-30-2012, 11:39 PM
The Redskins have to own the dumbest move...

Giving up a ton to go get "the dude." Then with one of the few picks they have left they go and get another QB... :bang:

One of the biggest wastes of a pick I have ever seen... a backup?... All they have had for 2 years is backups why waste a pick getting another.

Valuist
05-01-2012, 08:15 AM

Giving up a ton to go get "the dude." Then with one of the few picks they have left they go and get another QB... :bang:

One of the biggest wastes of a pick I have ever seen... a backup?... All they have had for 2 years is backups why waste a pick getting another.

I remember back in the mid 90s the Redskins took Heath Schuler in the first round to be their savior. They also took Gus Frerotte in the 7th round. Frerotte ended up winning the QB job and certainly lasted a lot longer in the league than Schuler did.

Robert Goren
05-01-2012, 09:07 AM
I remember back in the mid 90s the Redskins took Heath Schuler in the first round to be their savior. They also took Gus Frerotte in the 7th round. Frerotte ended up winning the QB job and certainly lasted a lot longer in the league than Schuler did.Heath Shuler has now been in congress longer than he was in the NFL.

Robert Fischer
05-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Griffin will be expected to try to extend drives at times by running downfield. You need a backup.

He looks like a pretty good touch passer. He also buys time. Reminds me a little of Ben Roflzburger in that regard. He just won't have a good defense or running game, and it is still unlikely he will be in the same ballpark as big Ben.

Right now the best thing he does is help the Redskins with their failing multi-year ticket contracts. Exciting guy, big smile.
The Cousins kid just adds fuel to that fire. "controversy":eek:

RaceBookJoe
05-01-2012, 10:43 AM
I remember the Cowboys drafting Aikman and Walsh in the same draft too.

RaceBookJoe
05-01-2012, 10:44 AM

Even dumber then JAX taking a punter in the 3rd???

Robert Goren
05-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Griffin will be expected to try to extend drives at times by running downfield. You need a backup.

He looks like a pretty good touch passer. He also buys time. Reminds me a little of Ben Roflzburger in that regard. He just won't have a good defense or running game, and it is still unlikely he will be in the same ballpark as big Ben.

Right now the best thing he does is help the Redskins with their failing multi-year ticket contracts. Exciting guy, big smile.
The Cousins kid just adds fuel to that fire. "controversy":eek:RG3 is huge injury risk. He was hurt quite a bit in college. He is going miss games each year as pro. RG3 could be out the league after 3 or 4 years because injuries. I like Cousin pick.

RaceBookJoe
05-01-2012, 11:29 AM
RG3 is huge injury risk. He was hurt quite a bit in college. He is going miss games each year as pro. RG3 could be out the league after 3 or 4 years because injuries. I like Cousin pick.

As a Redskin's fan, i didnt do backflips with the pick, but i think its going to pay off well. Rex and Beck are terrible..thankfully Beck got released right after the Cousin's pick. Rumor has it, the cowboys were targeting him.

Robert Goren
05-01-2012, 11:55 AM
As a Redskin's fan, i didnt do backflips with the pick, but i think its going to pay off well. Rex and Beck are terrible..thankfully Beck got released right after the Cousin's pick. Rumor has it, the cowboys were targeting him.You are right, Rex and Beck are/were terrible.