PDA

View Full Version : flat races to hurdles... back to MSW?

peeptoad
04-26-2012, 07:35 AM
If a horse is a winner (at any level) on the flat and then starts a "new career" jumping hurdles can that horse revert back to maiden level at the hurdles??
I got an entry notification for El Crespo (winner of the G3 Palm Beach S a couple of years ago) for a hurdle race at the MSW level.

...just curious.

lamboguy
04-26-2012, 07:53 AM
that's true.

on another note, steeplechase rider PADDY YOUNG got thrown off a horse and got hurt, he rides for trainer TOM VOSS. it is unlikely that he will be able to ride this year, i wish him a speedy recovery.

peeptoad
04-26-2012, 09:20 AM
Cool. Thanks for the info...

forced89
04-26-2012, 09:57 AM
My recollection is that Renpher Stable had a horse named Grinding Speed who broke his Maiden on the flat at Colonial, then won a Maiden race over the jumps in a pari mutual hurdle race.

jeebus1083
04-26-2012, 10:41 AM
If a horse is a winner (at any level) on the flat and then starts a "new career" jumping hurdles can that horse revert back to maiden level at the hurdles??
I got an entry notification for El Crespo (winner of the G3 Palm Beach S a couple of years ago) for a hurdle race at the MSW level.

...just curious.

The answer is yes. Flat and jump records are kept separate, as the latter races are run by the NSA.

Scanman
04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
To go one step further, a horse who has won over hurdles, but not timber, may enter a Maiden timber race.