PDA

View Full Version : ANY GAMBLERS OUT THERE

WINMANWIN
12-30-2003, 03:25 PM
I invested some hard earned cash in this stock recently.You can say It's a gamble, but I'm looking for Superfecta PAYOFFS !
IN THE FUTURE.......;) SIRIUS RADIO

Dear Stockholders, As 2003 draws to a close, I thought it would be appropriate to take a quick look back at the year and see how we positioned ourselves for further growth. I think that you will agree that we made substantial progress in 2003, and that we are gaining momentum. Let me just touch upon some of the more notable events: On December 16, we announced a seven-year agreement with the National Football League to broadcast all NFL games live, nationwide. That means Sirius will be the one place fans can hear all their favorite home teams, no matter where they live or where they may be driving. Sirius will also become the Official Satellite Radio partner of the NFL, with exclusive rights to use the NFL “shield” logo and NFL team trademarks. We regard this agreement as a transforming event in our history, an agreement that clearly separates us from our competitor. In addition to being the only satellite radio provider to bring listeners 100% commercial free music, we are now the only provider to bring sports fans an all-access pass to the NHL, the NBA and now the NFL. Our enthusiasm for this transaction has been echoed by industry observers. One Wall Street analyst captured the essence of the agreement by saying that “the main positive is that the NFL is now a powerful marketing and financial partner with Sirius.” Another calls the NFL agreement, “a major strategic positive” and believes that “SIRI’s product will now be perceived as the sports leader.” We could not have said it better. This transaction, and the investment we are making, $188 million over seven years, shares of our common stock having a fair market value of $32 million, and warrants to purchase 50 million shares of our common, could not have been accomplished had we not successfully and substantially strengthened our financial base. In March, we closed a $1.2 billion recapitalization, which eliminated approximately 91% of our then existing debt and 100% of our preferred stock, and raised $200 million of new equity. We then raised over $200 million in May through a convertible notes offering, $150 million in June through a common stock offering, and an additional $150 million in November through a common stock offering. This puts our cash-on-hand at September 30, pro-forma for the effects of our November common stock offering, at $629 million. This year we also introduced the satellite radio industry’s first dedicated home satellite radio, added portability and lots of new functionality with our Plug and Play radios that can be brought from the car to the home, and developed our first portable boom box. On the automotive front, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Mercedes, Mazda, BMW, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Nissan, Infiniti and Audi vehicles all now offer Sirius. Finally, and probably most importantly, we significantly increased our subscriber base. At this time last year, we had fewer than 30,000 subscribers. As we reported in early December, we have now increased our subscriber base to over 200,000. While this growth is truly eye-popping, with the superior content we are now offering to music and sports enthusiasts, this growth in subscribers is only the beginning. In early 2004, we hope to deliver more exciting news and to share with you, our investors, the plans we have in place to enhance the value of your investment in Sirius. In conclusion, I want to personally thank you for your continued interest in, and support of, Sirius throughout 2003. It was a challenging and exciting year in the company's history, and we could not have done it without you. We at Sirius are looking forward to the coming new year, and we would like to wish all of our stockholders a happy, healthy and prosperous 2004. - Joe Clayton

so.cal.fan
12-30-2003, 07:31 PM
Good luck to you Win!
I sure hope you make a big score!
Sounds pretty good to me.

Zaf
12-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Good Luck Win , I hope you nail it.

ZAFONIC

kenwoodallpromos
12-31-2003, 01:27 AM
Check Edger Online for notices on various Corporations.

WINMANWIN
01-02-2004, 04:35 PM
Thank You, For the kind words. Pretty good day today.
This superfecta was certainly super today !

Real-Time Quote for:
Sirius Satellite Radio (SIRI)

3.83 +0.67 (+21.20%)
as of 01/02/04 at 4:30PM EST on

Bid/Ask Bid Size/Ask Size Volume After Hours Change
3.81 3.83 1965 8923 40708680 +0.01 +0.26%
4:27PM EST 4:27PM EST 4:27PM EST 4:27PM EST on Island
:cool:

Dave Schwartz
01-02-2004, 04:53 PM
WinMan,

Hope you had a great holiday.

I have decided to live vicariously through your stock experience. <G> Please keep me posted whenever you can. What price did you purchase at?

Dave

WINMANWIN
01-02-2004, 05:09 PM
Thanks Dave......Lets put it this way. At this rate, I'm not sure if
I should pay down my mtg, or buy a Lincoln navigator, or Cadillac
Escalade......;) It's the old shoulda,coulda syndrome. This stock
was like 48 cents 9 mths ago, and I was following it on the dips
and highs....The real retirement party, was with SIRIUS
satellite's competitor named XMSR...In OCT of 2002 XM was around 1 buck...Today it closed at $26.80 :mad: Talk about a 14 month run for the ages: :eek: SHOULDA,COULDA,WOULDA......

Dave Schwartz
01-02-2004, 05:30 PM
WinMan,

This is the part where you should be yelling, "Am I right or am I right?" <G>

Keep it up.

Dave

WINMANWIN
01-02-2004, 05:39 PM
Thanks Dave.......Think I have to go with a Stop Loss, It would
kill me to blow some Great Gains. Similar to my track WAR stories
I Can't BLOW this one......But yes, Even a broken clock is
right twice a day.......:)

Suff
01-02-2004, 06:41 PM
I caught the History of Gambling in America special that the History channel had on Comcast this month,,,

... Lotteries were how early settlers comingled money for Public Services. With no bank or formal Tax Collection procedures... Small Villages used Lotteries.

Harvard University was Started by a $5000.00 Lottery.

George Washington's Army was funded by Gambling proceeds.
George Washington Himself held up a Blind Folded Little Boy to draw the winning numbers. True story.

Lotteries sort of Morphed into the Daily street Number.
The rackets forced city and towns into Land Tax's because they paid better than the Community Lotteries..

Around the 1920's the street number got tied to the Pari-mutual pools... while a gangster named Dutch Schultz was making 10 million a month running the numbers rackets in NYC.

They even touched on a where the term PAST POSTING came in to use...Jack FreeLander ( a Belmont Park Horse player) concocted an elaborate communications scheme with spotters and binoculars to get the last race results at Belmont park... 20 minutes before the park released its "Officiall" daily handle.. He was Past Posting the street number with Dutch Schultz's Bookies.. he made Millions and got away with it until the Electronic Teletype put him out of business in the 30's...