PDA

View Full Version : mnr,mtr, mountaineer park or the track formally known as Waterford Park

MAGICHORSEMAN
04-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Does anyone know that there an ancient laws on the WV books that prevents anyone in West Virginia from betting on the WV tracks from phone or internet. The tracks want WV people to bet in person. Now I am only 6 miles away from the track. But its not worth betting at this time in history.

It is funny now that I cannot even look at the results on the internet via twinspires or the daily racing form. I am somehow forbidden to even look at the results. They are simply not available anymore for a person from WV to even know. The results are not even in the nearby papers.

Next I persume the I will be told what to eat and what to wear. And what shows I can watch on tv and etc.

It is great to live in WV in the year of 2012.

Does anyone else in the USA have this happening to them?

Tom
04-21-2012, 10:43 AM
I am 7 miles from FL and cannot bet online or watch live video.
I understand I can bet through NYRA Rewards, so I am going to open an account with this week.

Bizzare!
I thought the idea was to SELL your product?

Silly me.

MHO, I can' wee why anyone would prefer the track to betting at home.

ArlJim78
04-21-2012, 11:00 AM
this kind of stuff, limiting access to your product, is assinine and completely counterproductive. especially when there are so many other alternatives.

i refuse to believe that it compels people to go to the track, when they can simply wager at other tracks from home. going to the track is a different experience, and not something that most people are going to want to do on a daily basis.
what these people need to do is to make sure that what they offer at the track is something that you can't get from home, something that is a draw in and of itself. promotions, entertainment, whatever.

johnhannibalsmith
04-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Does anyone know that there an ancient laws on the WV books that prevents anyone in West Virginia from betting on the WV tracks from phone or internet...

...Does anyone else in the USA have this happening to them?

Yeah, the only difference here is that rather than being discouraged from betting by ancient laws, my state went out of their ways a half-dozen years ago to make sure that they passed a new law at the request of the track owner and with support of the idiot horsemen to make such wagering felonious activity. Amazingly, the other commercial track in the state made a push a few years back to overturn the law and try to actually catch the wave of growth as people run from horse wagering using traditional methods and the effort was effectively stymied by the same track that pushed the original anti-ADW law - which coincidentally operates the OTB outlets in the state.