PDA

View Full Version : DUTROW'S BROTHER'S

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-30-2003, 09:09 AM
Richard Dutrow Jr led all New York trainers in victories in back to back years in 2001 and 2002. But Richard isnt the only Dutrow
who knows how to tighten the girth on a winner. Older brother
Another is a prolific winner on the Maryland circuit. Anthony who started working for his dad at age ten,also served as an assistant trainer for another fella who knows a thing or two about winning , Bobby Frankel. For the last several seasons Anthony has put up numbers almost every trainer in the game would envy.he's batted slightly over .300 from 1250 starters .
Anthony has more then one winning angle if your looking to cash a ticket. When moving a horse from turf to dirt he is extremely dangerous clicking at better then 39%. Horses getting laxix
for the first time hit at 44.9% .First time Blinkers 45.9%.
Dutrow is very adept with two yr old stock. If they dont win first time out Jump aboard second time around is the charm 43% .
Dutrow doesnt work his magic just in Maryland he takes his act on the road.In New York He won 13 Races from 33 starter's 5 seconds 8 thirds . Of those 13 winners 7 of them came in a stakes race's.Truly Dutrow ia a fella that ships in for a reason .

Jimmy

hracingplyr
12-30-2003, 09:16 AM
i am wondering when the nyra is going to catch up with him (oops its the inner dirt meet trainers get away with murder) this guy is definitly using more than hay and oats, he is kind of like ronnie werner in the midwest, but ronnie uses equip changes to cover up the drugs, for instance ronnie wins at an amazing clip of 62% when putting front bandages on a horse the first time.

see you at the windows

bob

Tom
12-30-2003, 09:59 AM
Hehehe. Just thought of a really nifty idea. Use the bandages like the "patch." You know, they have patches for quiting smoking, losing weight, pain relief...why not for horse dope?
Owner: "How do we look today?"
Trainer: "It's all wrapped up"

:rolleyes:

Fastracehorse
12-30-2003, 12:41 PM
<amazing clip of 62% when putting front bandages on a horse the first time.

Where did you find that stat??

fffastt

Milleruszk
12-30-2003, 12:41 PM
And most handicapping books will tell you that horses with front bandages are a toss! What a great idea to drive up the payoff!
You gotta love this game.

Fastracehorse
12-30-2003, 12:43 PM
Thoroughly enjoyed your post - interesting and informative.

fffastt

Fastracehorse
12-30-2003, 12:45 PM
<You know, they have patches for quiting smoking, losing weight, pain relief...why not for horse dope?

I never thought of that! :eek:

fffastt

Fastracehorse
12-30-2003, 12:47 PM
<And most handicapping books will tell you that horses with front bandages are a toss!

Probably why I don't own any - I don't want an authour to burn my money - I can't do that fine on my own :cool:

fffastt

hracingplyr
12-30-2003, 05:38 PM
horses do wake up every so often. kind of like the story that took place many yrs ago at louisianna downs. this trainer has one horse making his first liftime start at age 4, he wires the field by 10 lengths and pays 210.00 to win. After the race the stewards tell the trainer they want to see him the next morning, so the next morning he walks into the stewards office ina pair of coveralls and a straw hat, he sits down and the stewards say to him, first of all you don't give this horse his first start until he is four and to wire the field by 10 lengths is even more puzzling and he only shows to workouts that were ok at best, how do u explain this? the trainer takes his hat off scratches his head and says in a slow southern drawl, wellll sir we couldn't catch him till he was 3.

see you at the windows

bob t

JimG
12-30-2003, 06:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Beyer referred to the "Dutrow Magic" in his book "My 50,000 Year at the Races"...or maybe it was Collison in "Inside the Claiming Game"

Amazin
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Fast asked"<amazing clip of 62% when putting front bandages on a horse the first time.

Where did you find that stat??

Did someone say Amazin?

No handicapper should be without those kinds of stats.I bring you tidings of good joy.Go to this link to get stats on trainers at every track in the country in all kinds of situations:

http://www.thorograph.com/Redboard/index.php

andicap
12-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Problem with Thorograph trainer stats is they can be very very old. Don't they go back several years. Trainers that won in a certain category in
2001 don't necessarily work in 2004.

If anyone ever bought those old BRIS trainer notebooks you would know
what I meant. Lots of trainers had a winning ROI in some category,
like layoffs one year and a losing record the next year. The only
conditioners who had consistent records were the big-name guys
like Mott who paid $6.20.

Tom
12-31-2003, 11:36 AM
Amazin, thanks for the reminder...I used to go there a lot and look at trainer stats. Kind of forgot about it.
Question...do you know what the "PATH" column in the jockey stats means? Is it the average path the jock races in??

Adobe question....there is a text and column selector tool in Adobe-and you can select then copy, but I can't figure out how to paste. It would be handy to cut and past some of this stuff into a spreadsheet.

Fastracehorse
12-31-2003, 12:10 PM
Apreciate it.

HNY!

fffastt

Fastracehorse
12-31-2003, 12:15 PM
I agree with you - really believe alot of trainer stats are bogus.

DRF stats are often a non-issue for me. That is they a remeaningless.

Like you said, angles with the big boys have a little more bite - that front bandage thing I used to pay attention to at my local track. But now, who has the time??

I guess if a guy like A. Dutrow has a horse, and you know he clips like that with the bandage move, you could pay closer attention.

HNY to you too.

fffastt

Amazin
12-31-2003, 02:42 PM
Re: trainer stats and "path" questions,I got this answer from TG.

The trainer stats go back 4 years plus the current year which is nearly ended. Trainer data are lagged 2 days to make sure we have final results. So for products as of 12/31 the trainer data includes results from 1/1/99 through 12/27/03. Remember we compose the dated products generally two days before the racing.

In the next two weeks or so, we will be doing our annual update.

Path in the jockey table is an average of the paths, that is the ground path around turns, the jockey rode in for the particular category in question.

Tom :

I don't think the adobe files from TG allow you to cut and paste anymore. If you check out "document properties",you'll see it's "not allowed".

Tom
12-31-2003, 05:47 PM
Thanks, and for the Path clarification, too.
Happy New Year.

Tom