PDA

View Full Version : Anyone remember Dagnabit?

tbwinner
04-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Dagnabit was a speedy 2yo in 2008 out in New York. NY-bred by Freud trained by Dutrow for the owner/breeders, won NY MSW, Tremont Stakes at Belmont, and then a stake win and 2nd at Finger Lakes.

Disappeared since and now shows up working at Hawthorne the past few months.

Now he's entered for $25k claimer going 5 1/2 F on turf for a trainer "Colt Albright" this Sunday 4/22 at Hawthorne off 3 1/2 years. The owner is different and Equineline shows no sales history.

Anyone know a history behind this horse? Was he shooting blanks in the breeding shed? Haven't really seen anything like this before.

Robert Fischer
04-19-2012, 08:29 PM
Dagnabit was a speedy 2yo in 2008 out in New York. NY-bred by Freud trained by Dutrow for the owner/breeders, won NY MSW, Tremont Stakes at Belmont, and then a stake win and 2nd at Finger Lakes.

Disappeared since and now shows up working at Hawthorne the past few months.

Now he's entered for $25k claimer going 5 1/2 F on turf for a trainer "Colt Albright" this Sunday 4/22 at Hawthorne off 3 1/2 years. The owner is different and Equineline shows no sales history.

Anyone know a history behind this horse? Was he shooting blanks in the breeding shed? Haven't really seen anything like this before.

Remember the horse.

I would like him a lot more if I knew he was a failure at stud , than if I found out he bowed a tendon.

Have no idea what happened to him.

Striker
04-19-2012, 10:14 PM
1/2 brother to Dagnabit(same dam Cool Goul) just went for $1.3 million last month to Coolmore with Big Brown as the sire.
Colt Albright will be making his 11th career try in a race as a trainer. He had 6 starts last year and 4 starts the year before.

nijinski
04-22-2012, 09:44 PM
Gave way after 3f . Finished last . :(

FantasticDan
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
I mentioned Dagnabit in another thread a couple weeks ago.. he was in my virtual stable back in 08, and I never bothered to take him out. I was surprised when his workouts started showing up this year, altho I think the reason I kept him in my stable is that he'd had some workouts here and there over the years, never making it back to the races.

Add me to the list of those wondering what happened to him, and how he ended up with these current connections.