PDA

View Full Version : April 17, 2012, Pocono Downs, Race 9

RaceTrackDaddy
04-19-2012, 10:42 AM
http://youtu.be/h0MS4K0HPn0

Just curious if anyone here thinks the # 7 did not committ any infraction and should of been left up as the winner in the 9th race this day?

Your thoughts

RaceTrackDaddy
04-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Forgot to post up the results after the judges viewed the video ...

RaceTrackDaddy
04-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Just wanted to see how the judges charted that race....amazing. Emily remained on the trot the entire race...WOW

Now who out there expected as much from these guys as it kinda makes your PP's worthless if information is false and misleading, huh?

RaceTrackDaddy
04-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Ended up taking some capture jpgs of the video. The ones that are named 1 and 2 appear to have Emily pacing while 3 is at the finish line and looks to be back on stride but the left hind leg is wearing equipment that was not on Emily as it is in fact the inside horses leg. I blew up that pic and u can see both hind legs are together moving in the same motion. Amazing what technology can do...

Also attached is the chart without a break. I did enough for today, back to the grind tomorrow...

RaceTrackDaddy
04-24-2012, 12:46 AM
After contacting the Racing Commission, I was directed to the Rule Enforement person that replace Waler Remmert. He is located at the Meadows. Last week, he requred Pokie judges to send down the video via email and the photo finish print too. Apparently the different tracks have different operting system so his computer could not open the files.

Was told by him that Pokie would send it to the Meadows and to give him to Monday. Today, the video did not arrive but the tracking number with UPS reveals that delivery will be tomorrow. I wrote back, that is great as I will be in attendance tomorrow afternoon. Let us meet up at the track so as that we both know who we are dealing with. He was glad to hear but unfortunately the commission officer will be required to be in Harrisburg but he did instruct the Meadows judge to view the film in is place.

Oh well, that is where it is at and really don't expect one judge to roll on another and since when are the judges required to judge each other??

Will be at the Meadows tomorrow and Wednesday night just to show my face.

RaceTrackDaddy
04-25-2012, 10:47 AM
To all:
Here is where it stands currently.

I received an email asking for a meeting (to discuss) and view the video in the judges booth at the Meadows next week. I have refused to meet with them based on the call was so obvious that this is an attempt to cover up the blatant call on April 17 plus since the track accepts money from outside the state, the PA Race Commission does not have jurisdiction over such incidents that can be construed as "race fixing" or "unlawful actions to create a benefit".

According to my sources at Pocono, the 2nd place horse connections have filed a complaint regrading the lapped on break call. In the event they win, they get the purse money but WHAT ABOUT THE PUBLIC? The judges knew this proceedure when they made the call..

Also, my connections at Pokie have revealed something drastic happened in that judges booth that only those in close proximity know about but have yet to divulge. It is only a matter of time when we will hear from the one disenting judge who thought it was a crime to leave up the horse. Most people don't know that the decision was 2-1 with rank being pulled by the Presiding judge. Was it a threat? was it physical harm? We don't know but if you happen to know an investigative reporter, there may be a Pulizer Prize if someone can crack this nut shell that is keeping the info inside the booth.

My next step is to visit the Federal District Court and have an interview with the Federal DA.s office who in turn will handle the investigation if they decide to enter this frey..

My other side of me wants to give them another chance and go to this meeting.....I was thinking about inviting my state rep and state senator to go along as well a member of the press to this meeting. I am looking for anyones' thoughts on this as to which road should I take??

rtd

precisionk
04-25-2012, 11:51 AM
Hey Bob,

I agree that the #7 did break stride before crossing that line. It's a shame that the judges didn't think so as it looks pretty blatant.

As for what to do, that is certainly up to you. Either way, the public are the losers. At the very least, the 2nd place horse should get that money, but I would love to hear why the Presiding Judges ruled in that fashion because its pretty damn obvious.

RaceTrackDaddy
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
It would really be funny if the implications were not so severe (ie false lines in Emily Do's pp's for the next 6 to 10 races) or lost revenue of the public who actually bet on the real winner.

Funny thing today is that all communication via email was almost instantly replied to on both ends until I issued a counter offer in viewing the video with the judges. Think he is running that by the legal department prior to accepting my elected officials and a member of the press to view the video with me and them.

In a way, the ball is in their court and I am just waiting the return serve.

Most people would not air this kind of complaint and followup publicly but try to get an advantage or bargaining chip in negotiations when they have the upper hand. Being a cancer survior, I value honesty and fair play above all other aspects in life. If offered a ridculous amount of money to remove my complaint is not an option and would actually publish the offer if it came but I am getting ahead of myself.

All I want is a fair and equitible solution to this. If they, either the track, judges who voted for the non-placing or the state desire to make the public whole, let them all donate the amount of money that was stolen in the Win, Ex, Tri Super and Pick-4 winning tickets that would of occurred if they took the correct and honest approach, and give that money to a few equine rescue shelters that are represented in the Pen V Chip Contest that is starting this Saturday at Yonkers (cheap and shameless plug)..

rtd

RaceTrackDaddy
04-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Fate smiles upon us every once in a while. What are the odds in the very first race at the Meadows (with yours truly in attendance) would have an inquiry that involved the winner and lapped on break that was very similar to that race at Pokie?

http://youtu.be/FV-I0c2B2dA

Does anyone find it apropos having the presiding judge at the Meadows (having viewed that race at Pokie filling in for the race commission) is now confronting this race (the first race of the night). I do.....I was similin' like a butcher's dog.

precisionk
04-26-2012, 10:34 AM
Fate smiles upon us every once in a while. What are the odds in the very first race at the Meadows (with yours truly in attendance) would have an inquiry that involved the winner and lapped on break that was very similar to that race at Pokie?

http://youtu.be/FV-I0c2B2dA

Does anyone find it apropos having the presiding judge at the Meadows (having viewed that race at Pokie filling in for the race commission) is now confronting this race (the first race of the night). I do.....I was similin' like a butcher's dog.

Life has its way of making its jokes, thats for sure!

RaceTrackDaddy
05-02-2012, 11:23 AM
I contacted the Governor's office to inform Gov Corbett of the pending complaint with the Atty General's office and sent him a link to what I call my Fisaco At Pokie editorial page on my site. It is just a series of things I already posted in a timeline sort of way and in a manner that the novice fan might learn about the trotting gait. The link if anyone is interested is:
http://bobbyzpicksattheraces.horizon-host.com/pictures/fiasco%20at%20pokie.htm

I will be waiting to hear for those two offices in the coming weeks but don't expect them to address anytime soon. I know that I can sleep at night having done whatever I could of done to prevent more people losing on Emily Do's return from that race on the 17th of April.

rtd