PDA

View Full Version : New High For Takeout

Figman
12-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Must be the stockholders of Penn National need more money. The publically-owned Penn National also owns Charles Town Races and Pocono Downs. The takeout now at Pocono Downs on Pick Threes, Trifectas & Superfectas is now a whopping 35%!

IRISHLADSTABLE
12-29-2003, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by Figman
Must be the stockholders of Penn National need more money. The publically-owned Penn National also owns Charles Town Races and Pocono Downs. The takeout now at Pocono Downs on Pick Threes, Trifectas & Superfectas is now a whopping 35%!

Hey Figman ,
I resent that, I own 1000 shs since the Mid 90's
Got in at $7.00 a share. Closed today at $23.45

Jimmy

takeout
12-29-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Figman
The takeout now at Pocono Downs on Pick Threes, Trifectas & Superfectas is now a whopping 35%!
GAWD! That makes me wonder what they've really got up their sleeve. They obviously don't want anybody's business.

Tom
12-29-2003, 08:34 PM
...if you wanted to destroy this game, all you would have to do is just what the lords of racing are doing today. MEC and these bozos are sure making it hard to support this industry.
I thought al the airheads were in the automotive industry.
Must be all the ones that were down-sized moved into racing.
I've been to Pocono..they should pay the crowd to show up at that dump.

Speed Figure
12-29-2003, 08:47 PM
MEC knows they can do what there doing because, the horse player is still going to play the races at Santa Anita!

VetScratch
12-29-2003, 11:58 PM
The usurious takeout on exotics matters to folks on this board, but the tracks have found that average players have a slot player's jackpot mentality. They know they can't win consistently, so they shoot for windfall jackpots.

Much to NYRA's credit, WPS takeout has been reduced to the lowest in the nation, but studies show that this has not really helped NYRA's finances. Presently, NYRA attracts the nation's highest percentage of straight handle versus exotics. Most of the recent handle growth has been straight action, so it looks like NYRA has attracted sophisticated money to the WPS pools, but these same players are not investing in exotics in proportion to what everyone hoped for and expected. Maybe a lesser reduction in WPS takeout coupled with more exotic takeout reductions would have been less popular but better financially.

In other venues, exotic takeout goes up without a compensating reduction to straight takeout... ugh!

breakage
12-30-2003, 04:06 AM
This comes as no suprise since Penn National already has the highest thoroughbred takeout in the nation for tris and supers at 31%:eek: