PDA

View Full Version : 8 year old off 5 year layoff

pandy
04-18-2012, 12:39 PM
At Tampa in the 7th, Rosie'snotebook comes back to the races off a 5 year layoff.

JustCoolGene
04-18-2012, 01:37 PM
When a horse comes back after being off many years, I assume the trainer has it ready. Otherwise, why not wait another six months or a year. The trainer wants to strike now because because the horse is ready. You only get one shot with the layoff angle. A good trainer is the key. Any one who seen the HBO Series "Luck" knows about the episode in which the gamblers singled a horse off a couple of years, had a good trainer, and had a bug boy to win the pick 6.

Gene

horses4courses
04-18-2012, 01:43 PM
When a horse comes back after many years off, I assume the trainer has it ready. Otherwise, why not wait another six months or a year. The trainer wants to strike now because because he ready. A good trainer is the key. Any one who seen HBO Luck knows about the episode in which the gamblers singled a horse off a couple of years, had a good trainer, and had a bug boy to win the pick 6.

Gene

I haven't played any "Luck" angles yet.
There are some days, though...........

iwearpurple
04-18-2012, 06:13 PM
When a horse comes back after being off many years, I assume the trainer has it ready. Otherwise, why not wait another six months or a year. The trainer wants to strike now because because the horse is ready. You only get one shot with the layoff angle. A good trainer is the key. Any one who seen the HBO Series "Luck" knows about the episode in which the gamblers singled a horse off a couple of years, had a good trainer, and had a bug boy to win the pick 6.

Gene

Looks like the 0% trainer didn't quite have her ready. Finished last. Stranger yet is people actually bet this mare down to 20-1.